Hello I’m Chloe Hibbert. I’ve just joined need PIP advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello I’m Chloe Hibbert. I’ve just joined need PIP advice

ChloeHibbert
ChloeHibbert Community member Posts: 47 Listener
Hello everyone, I’m chloe I’ve just joined now. my mums friend told me this site is full of knowledgeable people so thought I would give it a try. 

I am currently on PIP ... I got awarded 4 years, my award review is expected to come around mid September time. should I treat it like a new claim? I’ve googled so much and some forums are saying treat it like a new claim. my final question is would they compare it to my previous claim form? Just do nothing goes against me that’s all. I’m on enhanced for daily living that’s all. Would be grateful if anyone possible can reply. as I’m new and worried, thank you - Chloe Hibbert. X

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @ChloeHibbert, Welcome luvvy, I am sure you will be given loads of advise and everyone is friendly on this site. I can’t help you with that question but rest assured someone will, just wanted to give you a warm welcome xx
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    hi @ChloeHibbert
    welcome to you.
    Hope someone comes along and answers your question..I’m sure they will

there is also a site online that is good for benefit queries called benefits and work https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/  Will attach the link in case you’ve not explored them..there are free sections of the site that are helpful..

a friend of mine didn’t receive a reassessment when it was due, she was awarded for three years and didn’t receive a form until the fourth year, So you can’t always be sure .. it is worrying waiting and wondering, I would say just have your previous form for referring to and just add any changes there may be when you complete the new form..but I would always get help completing any DWP  forms from CAB or similar organisation in your area ,when the time comes...And always have someone with you  if requested to go for a face to face with them..When reassessing it’s to see if there have been any changes in your condition,And how it affects your daily living .. so if it’s the same the form will be completed similar to your previous one..If you get an appointment with CAB or similar organisation at the time, they will guide you..

I do hope you can get some peace of mind by setting up In your mind who you will approach at the time to support you, and are able to shelve the worry until such time ..

Best wishes...
    hope this helps a little ? 
    I’ve not been on this site long myself and have found people very helpful, so hope you get more reassurance in other Replies  too ...it’s nice to be able to write down how you feel here and be understood...most people get anxious around the Benefit system, you are not alone !

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • ChloeHibbert
    @Username_removed good morning, thank you for replying to my post. I will treat it as a new claim. I’m already on enhanced for daily living but feel like I should of gained some more points for my reading and writing. I was in a learning difficulties school throughout my life .... have all the relevant evidence, is it worth mentioning or not? someone said no because I’m already on enhanced so would be pointless. my last assessment was a paper based as they won’t see me in person ( long story ). thanks for replying just a worried wee girl. x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ChloeHibbert Welcome to the community, glad you have joined us

As you have been advised treat is as a new claim and put on everything you think affects your daily living even if it wasnt on your last claim.

I know you are on enhanced rate and you cant get a higher award but you should aim to get all the points you are entitled to. Also remember this is a new assessor and they may not recommend points in the same areas so you need to write details of all areas your cndition affects you
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 thank you hun for your post it’s much appreciated as I don’t no where to start! I will treat it as a new claim. and add it into my form as the new DM might not give me the same points as the previous one” I am getting everything ready now. my claim runs out on the 5th March, should I expect to get it around the start of September? I no it’s probs not asking how long is a piece of string, but worth asking I guess. Chloe x
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

Renewal forms are normally sent out 6 months before award due to end .

But currently they haven't been doing many renewals and been extending awards by 6 months but this is soon to end 

However they will have huge backlog to get through and will prioritise older reviews first. 

So could be anyone's guess when you get yours but no harm getting evidence ready and preparing what you are going to write

Use your last report as a guide 
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 once again thanks hun for getting back to me. 

I can imagine there will be a huge backlog so I will just be patient and wait. gives me time to get all my evidence together. I will read my last report and compare it ect ect. I have requested the medical report and PIP also sent me my whole claim form (- a copy )- which was great to read, but I will treat it as a new claim. @m@Username_removed gave me good advice ... saying they won’t compare it. but will add as much information as possible. is it worth sending my special needs school evidence in again or not? says how I need someone with me in every class to help me with my reading and writing? Really appreciate everyone’s help! glad I joined now, as I didn’t no what site to join - .... but made the right decision here. Chloe 
  • janer1967
    They say not to send in any evidence that they already have but I know some people do 

Also if the evidence is years old it may not be relevant now but again it could be 

They do say less is more as they dont want pages and pages to read

For my own I just sent prescription list and letter from consultant confirming I was blind in one eye which was only new evidence all rest was sent with first claim 

I got enhanced for both with no assessment just paper based 
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 thank you for that I appreciate it. I have a part time job which they no about as it doesn’t affect the money I’m getting based on the descriptors. once they receive all the information ... how long did they take to get back to you? I no it can take up to 8 weeks. the guy in the PIP phone said we don’t want things going to tribunal as it costs money and if we loose we have to pay so much out “
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 I have spoken to a decision maker and he said being in a special needs unit with evidence stands you in good stead, which was lovely to hear. didn’t think that would have any bearing on it .... obviously I was wrong “ 
  • janer1967
    I cant remember how long it was but it was only few weeks . Got phone call out of the blue was DM they just asked me few more questions and gave me award there and then over phone was 5 year award 

I know this isnt usual though but obvious my disability wont get better I'm an amputee and visually impaired 
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 thanks for your reply once again. I’ve been reading forums and some have said the DM can call up to ask a few questions, obviously it depends on the individual needs ect. what type of questions did they ask you? if you don’t mind me asking. that’s really good how they made a decision over the phone. do they grill you over the phone? Sorry about all the questions hun. X
  • janer1967
    No it wasnt a grilling at all she was trying her best to prompt me to get higher award.

Asking thinks about what assistance I have in place due to my impaired vision 
    If i can use a prosthetic leg ( I cant) How I read prepare food dress and take meds 
    I said my son helps with install these things 
  • ChloeHibbert
    @janer1967 thanks for the positive messages seriously I’m so grateful. I will treat it as a new claim. I just hope they extend my award. fingers crossed. Will wait for the award review form to arrive. ☺️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ChloeHibbert - & welcome. Just to add to the good advice already given, the review form is a lot shorter than your initial claim form. This is what it looks like: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/512896/response/1233138/attach/3/AR1 GB NP 2018 06 Specimen Only.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
    Yes, do treat it as if it were a new claim, adding pages at the end where you need to give more explanation. Just put your name & National Insurance number on any such additional pages.
    Again, send any relevant info, but not too much! Less is more; make sure it's all relevant, but your special needs evidence sounds like it is. My best wishes. :)

• ChloeHibbert
    @chiarieds thank you so much for the information much appreciated! hun. X
  • ChloeHibbert
    @Username_removed thank you so much for all your amazing advice!!! I’ve taken it all on board, hopefully September I will get the award review form. Depending on backlog “ hopefully get awarded it as well. didn’t think my special needs evidence would be good but apparently it is. does that surprise you? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger

2 - whilst they will already have that info they only have it in connection with the previous claim and, as previously stated, at this stage they won’t be comparing. 
    I must admit, this wasn't the case for my daughters last PIP review. They did compare the previous assessment and it was mentioned several times in the paper assessment report.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChloeHibbert
    @poppy123456 so will they compare my award review then to my old pip claim? I’m on enhanced for daily living. so can’t get anymore points for daily living, despite I should of been awarded points for my reading and writing. I had a feeling they might compare the reports ... I will see what happens. my brother fills it in for me anyway. I just tell him what to put in. X
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know if they will, i can only tell you what they did for my daughter. Regarding those extra points, you only need 12 points for Enhanced award anyway.
    Whether or not you'll score points for that descriptor will depend on how your conditions affect you. My daughter has a learning disability but she can read and write perfectly, although she may not understand what she reads but she didn't score points for that descriptor.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.