Lcwra backdated pay - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra backdated pay

Comments

• Ashleyb1
    Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Does this mean I'll get backdated to that date
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Add on 4 months from that date and that's when you'll be back dated to because it's called the waiting period. See link and scroll down to waiting period.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ashleyb1
    Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
  • foxxxiz
    foxxxiz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Sorry to jump on post.. was in lcw on UC notified them of change in health may2019 had assessment 31/12/2019 decision made for lcwra 27/1 should this have been backdated as I requested review as they're sayingnim only entitled to lcwra as of 27/1 if so what regulation can I quote please
  • HORTZ
    HORTZ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi. 

Sorry to ask the same question, but my adult daughter handed in her first sick note in June 2018 it was only since Nov 2019 her new work coach realised that the system. Didn't automatically put her on a work Assessment and neither did her old work coach.
    She's now been classed as LCWRA and will be awarded the extra money, will this be back dated to 2018 as it wasn't her fault she wasn't put on the assessment and her old work coach didn't tell her either, I just wanna be clear as it not like she's had to wait long it's just due to not being put forward, system error was what her work coach called it 
  • foxxxiz
    foxxxiz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    If it's a system error and shes been handing in sick notes since 2018 they will backdate it to 3 months after first sick note so around oct 2018
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @HORTZ. As long as there has been no break in the fit notes she's been handing in, it should be backdated to 3 full assessment periods after her first fit note. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chanylane1234
    chanylane1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I know this post was a while ago but wondered if someone could help me , my friend has just been awarded LCWRA we received the acceptance letter in his journal on the 22nd of February his first payment is always due on the 1st so it’s been included in his next payment , on his letter it’s says any money owed will show within 7 working days I’m just wondering if this still applies as nothing is showing up on his first payment , due to his condition he was handing in sick notes straight away his first was handed in 7th June 2019 right until now he was sent the paperwork for his assessment which was sent in November and had his meeting in February 2020 so 10 days from assessment his been awarded and first payment coming 1st March. Anyways is any money owed still I was thinking he would still be owed 4 months money but as I say nothing is showing on his first payment? Thanks any help appreciated
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hello @chanylane1234
    The backdated payment is issued separately to his normal payment so won't show on his upcoming statement for 1st March. However once they've awarded his backpay they should send an underpayment letter on his journal and his past statements will be amended to include LCWRA. 

Does his 1st March payment include the £336.20 LCWRA element?

It may be worth him giving them a ring or adding a note to his journal to give them a nudge and ask them if they've managed to look at his backpay yet.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chanylane1234
    chanylane1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @Adrian_Scope thank you for your reply yes the payment for the 1st of March includes his new payment of £336.20 
    was just confused it didn’t include any back payment but if you say will be separate I’ll just give it the full 7 working days and give them a bell hopefully gets something but even not I’m glad his case has been awarded pretty quickly considering what I’ve been reading on here with others thanks so much for your help 
  • JAYYY
    JAYYY Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I wanted to ask a question in regards to LCWRA, I've been off on long term sickness since JUNE 2019. I applied for UC in NOVEMBER 2019. I was sent a work capability assessment form however I was told I didn't have to complete it because I'm currently going through the PIP (personal independence payment) assessment. Once I'm accepted for PIP they will be notified on the system and I should automatically receive LCWRA. is this correct?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @JAYYY and welcome to the community.
    I'm really sorry, but who ever told you that was incorrect and has misadvised you.

PIP and UC/LCWRA are entirely different benefits and don't interact in that way. Being eligible for PIP doesn't not entitle you to LCWRA. 

You need to fill out the UC50 form and return it and be assessed under UC to be considered for LCWRA. This is because PIP is about extra care needs and UC LCWRA/LCW is about your ability to work. People can work full-time and still claim PIP.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JAYYY
    JAYYY Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @Adrian_Scope 

Thank you I understand fully now thank you for the information I will fill out the form today thanks.
  • ljs
    ljs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I first claimed uc in May 2016 which i also had a sick note as i have asthma/copd (acos).  I have provided sick notes right up till dwp told me i didnt need to issue them no more which was in December 2019 as i was awarded LCWRA. They backdated my payment to june 2019 which was when they sent me the forms for a health assessment. I had waited over 3 years for a assessment when ive read in gov.co.uk that i shouldve had an assessment when i first claimed as i provided a sick note. Should my backdated payment go back to may 2016?
    Ive also now been awarded the enhanced mobility rate and standard living rate for pip 
  • spamdog
    spamdog Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi, hopefully someone can help. My partner and I are on a joint uc claim and he receives new style esa which is taken off our uc. I work but he is sick. Iast week I asked if we are entitled to lcwra, they sent a letter to journal yesterday saying we are entitled to lcwra. My question is as the first sick note was put in August 2019 then stopped when we were told to, will we get back dated to december 2019? (4th month after first sick note) it just says on the letter 'if we owe you any money we will let you know when you will get it.' Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    spamdog said:
    Hi, hopefully someone can help. My partner and I are on a joint uc claim and he receives new style esa which is taken off our uc. I work but he is sick. Iast week I asked if we are entitled to lcwra, they sent a letter to journal yesterday saying we are entitled to lcwra. My question is as the first sick note was put in August 2019 then stopped when we were told to, will we get back dated to december 2019? (4th month after first sick note) it just says on the letter 'if we owe you any money we will let you know when you will get it.' Thanks 
    Hi,
    You've posted on the end of an extremely long thread, which causes confusion. Starting your own thread would have been better.

How much backdated money he's owed will depend on the dates of your UC assessment periods, what date you sent the first fit note and whether there were any gaps in those fit notes? LCWRA element is paid from the 4th assessment period because it has to be 3 full assessment periods before it's paid.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stopped when we were told to"

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • spamdog
    Hi poppy,
    Sorry about that, it's my first time posting so wasnt sure what to do lol, sick notes were being sent in for months then we were told by uc we didnt need to send them anymore when we applied for new style esa. They've used the esa work capability decision to decide on lcwra. 1st sick note August 14th 2019 our assesment period is 7th to 6th of each month. 
    Thanks for reading.
  • poppy123456
    When did the claim for UC first start please?
  • spamdog
    I think I got confused,when I rang uc yesterday the man told me 1st sick not was sent in August 14th,now looking back on my journal to see when claim started it was actually August 14th 2018 claim started August 2018 too since then my partner has gone in and out of work due to illness but we stayed on the claim. Been off since oct 2019 sick notes sent in again since then, was told to apply esa and no more sick notes needed.sorry for so much confusion. I hope this makes sense. The reason for his illness whilst in and out of work is the same illness it's just worse now.
  • poppy123456
    This doesn't make sense, sorry. You said your assessment period is 7th  to 6 th. Then you said your claim started 14th August but it couldn't have because your assessment period starts from when you first claimed and last for 30 days. Anyway, LCWRA is paid from the 4th month but it must be 3 full assessment periods.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.