Got my telephone acessment next week please advice - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my telephone acessment next week please advice

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    They have been given extra time according to the information I received today and the pre hearing has been postponed im
    upset that the judge has agreed to give them
    more time they have had enough so now they have a extra month to mess about . I feel so rubbish . 

It just makes me think that if a tribunal hasn’t given them more time then I’m worried that I prob won’t be taken serious and they will get away with how they treated me . I feel so worn down and I just feel like I wish I was like how I used to be before I was I’ll where I could work and be normal I feel like such inconvenience to life . I’m so blessed and thankful for my partner but I wish I could be the person I used to be independent. 

Now I have my pip phone accessment next week and I feel defeated bout that I don’t think I can cope with bad news I need some thing positive to happen . 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If you asked for more time it would no doubt be honoured too dont read too much into it .

We all go through stages of feeling down and wishing we could turn back time to when we didnt live with illness and disability it is natural process 

I too felt so low getting to grips with being disabled having to fight for everything and losing my independence 

Slowly each issue will be resolved and then you can start your new journey and you will find you adjust to a new life 

You are lucky you have a good partner to support you and we are here too 
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 thank you so much and thanks to every one I can’t thank you all enough . 

I just felt like they shouldn’t of been awarded more time to mess about . I hope I do actually get the documents I asked for from them which I doubt it . And I’m actually very anxious to read there et3 response I know it’s gonna be full of **** . I don’t believe they are just seeking legal advice now . 

It’s just so much going on isn’t there . Yeh I’m sure every one on here can relate it’s hard trying to sort things out . 

Thank you so much for every ones support 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww hi hopefully be sorted soon and your assessment over with and you’ll be able to relax take care ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 - I can appreciate how frustrating it must be that your previous employers have been given more time. However, would take it as a positive. Them (belatedly) seeking legal advice, surely means they are taking your allegations seriously. Also, it at least gives you more time, so you are not having to face 2 things at once.
    Concentrate on your PIP assessment; & be positive about that too! :)

• cupcake88
    Thank you for your reply . I’m one of these people who likes to plan ahead and I was prepared for the pre hearing . I don’t even think there getting legal advice I really don’t think they care I think there gonna spend the added time trying to think how there gonna get them selves out the situation . Yeh I should see it as a positive but it’s just for me to be positive lately . I can’t thank you all enough x 
  • cupcake88
    Pip will be calling me this afternoon I’m so
    scared and so anxious I haven’t slept I’m really in a nervous state .
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Morning @cupcake88, try not to be scared, easier said I totally understand, they really are nice on phone, have all your descriptors at hand, and water meds etc, my hubby here, he was with me, he says just be careful of any repeated questions they may ask, you can pause anytime ie toilet break, using inhalers/water drink/if your so upset crying, they wont try to trick you, and if you have partner they can speak for you when having toilet break, my hubby spoke for me when I had break, it is anxious I know, but they will put you at ease from start. its how your condition AFFECTS YOU, risks, aids you have to use, how many days you have to have help, safety an issue, overwhelming distress if in crowds/shops etc an urgent need to get out and get home, wishing you all the best of good luck x
  • Lou67
    Morning cupcake just want to wish you well for today, Kath has given you great advice, please let us know how it went and how you are later take care ❤️
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    It's perfectly normal to feel this way, although i know that doesn't help. If you kept a copy of the form you filled in then have a read of that before the phone call, just to jog your memory of what was written in the form. You will need to verify what you wrote as well as any other additional questions asked. Yes, they may ask you the same question twice but in a different way so be aware of that. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 hope all goes well today will be keeping my fingers crossed for you 
  • cupcake88
    @katho31@lou67 @poppy123456

thank you it means a lot  I really hope it goes well because I don’t think I can take any bad news . I’m so anxious today I’m shaking I’ll let you know how it goes and yes I’ll remember they may ask the same questions . Some stuff has changed since the form my meds are now higher dose I now have a mental health nurse im
    not under the crisis team any more . So a few things have changed . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Just adding my best wishes for this afternoon @cupcake88 - Be positive, you can do this, & we will all be here thinking about you. :)
  • katho31
    Tell them about any changes too, i did, I told them I use talking therapy, my GP texted me the tel number, look online and put your postcode in and nearest talking therapy to you will be there online. if you've got a diary, or last few weeks have you kept notes of very bad days ie, so anxious you are frightened, confusing emotions, feelings of uselessness/extreme distress. is it affecting your quality of life very much, we are here and want the best for you x :)
  • cupcake88
    Thank you again so much xx I’ll let you all know how it goes .
  • cupcake88
    I’m so nervous because 1 I hate speaking to people on the phone 2. I’m worried that my ptsd may be triggered depending what I’m asked im also worried because this money would be life changing for me a regular source of income To give me back my independence.
  • cupcake88
    @katho31 I can’t remember did you get pip first time round ? Does my nurse calling weekly and mind hearing voices support group over zoom count as therapy ? 
  • katho31
    I was exactly same cupcake88, i have ptsd and if you are unwell, ie, having trouble answering or so upset and crying they will understand and I feel as though Im looking at my posts from months ago, just so similar to me, the money you thoroughly deserve and is so helpful in helping you regular monthly income, it is indeed life changing and i really want you to get it x
  • katho31
    Hi cupcake88, i was a first time PIP applicant, I had no benefit at all for 2 and half years, my hubby works and I own my home outright, yes your nurse and mind hearing voices support on zoom is therapeutic and you need it so yes, its therapy x
  • Lou67
    Hi again I would definitely tell them about your support group and your zoom chats, make sure you have bullet points all wrote down to remind you, also I’m sure they ask if you have anything else to add, so just have it wrote down so you don’t forget everything you want to tell them hope this helps. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.