Got my telephone acessment next week please advice - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my telephone acessment next week please advice

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Im
    not able to work I went back to work early and it’s actually set me back massively. Because of my partners wage I’m not entitled to any thing else . And it’s not like he earns loads just enough to pay all the bills . But it makes me feel bad I want to at least be Able to afford my monthly meds fee and food shopping takes the pressure financially off my partner abit I feel like i could do with some good news can’t thank you all enough X 
  • cupcake88
    What sort of things will they ask me ? Just so I can sort of brace my self ? 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Have your PIP descriptors by your side/on desk, firstly they ask your name, they may ask if their manager can join conversation, I said yes, they asked what/when I take medication, they asked me what my dosage was,how do I feel after meds, wiped out/so tired/drowsy/relief at pain/anxiety easing. the distance you walk alone/with pal/partner, this is on your PIP form you filled in x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    cupcake88 said:
    What sort of things will they ask me ? Just so I can sort of brace my self ? 

That will totally depend on what you wrote in the form and how your conditions affect you. Everyones assessments are all different and no one can really advise you what questions they will ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katho31
    Good luck @cupcake88 we will be thinking of you and you can do this x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    We're all thinking of you @cupcake88. I hope it goes well this afternoon and please let us know how you got on (when you're feeling up to it). 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cupcake88
    Im getting really anxious they are 4 mins late Calling me what if they don’t call 
  • rsx
    rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    @cupcake88 dont worry, mine was about 10 mins late calling, I think it's just because sometimes the call before goes over, good luck
  • cupcake88
    @rsx There now 15 mins late what if they don’t call ?  Who do I call to ask when there gonna call how late are they usually very late ? 
  • rsx
    rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    @cupcake88 I'm sure all will be fine, I remember reading somewhere that they can be late because of other appointments over running.

I think there was a number on my appointment letter, try ringing that if your worried but I would ring off a different phone so then of they try to ring you the line is free.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope they've now called @cupcake88, the waiting can be so difficult, especially if they're not running on time. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cupcake88
    Hey every one  she was on the phone to me for nearly 2 hours my god that was hard I was panicked and I cried quite abit I made no sense so I Think I was prob scored 0 I was so panicky and pacing they did ask questions my partner said over and again but it different ways he said but I answered the same each time I Also told her off for calling late and asked how long it was going go on for so she prob thinkS im really rude better start to plan to start my apppeal 
  • cupcake88
    she also read back to me what she wrote down do they usually do that ? because what she wrote down I wont be getting any points I was so anxious and I couldnt be dealing with such a long bloody call .
  • katho31
    oh sorry, please dont think youve not done well, I was same honestly, I said at one point how long is this carrying on and she was understanding why we are anxious, try as best to relax and have a cuppa x
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  oh sorry you feel that way, but think most of us felt the same, yes they do read back to you what has been written down, they will take into consideration your anxiety and nerves as that’s part of what’s wrong with you, at least it’s out of the way now, try not to let it make you ill with worry it’s done now, take care and trying take it easy ?
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    @Lou67 they read back to you what was written down? that never happened to me and there's was lots of info missing on my report (which the assorer cleary ignored) thinking about it now this was probably my first clue i was doomed but w/e im over it now just concentrating on my appeal
  • cupcake88
    yeh they read it back to me to make sure they had every thing ? Do they not do that with every one ? 

Thanks so much yeh I’m gonna try and put that to the side now and try and look forward to back pay at some point lol
    because Iam a fighter . 
  • Lou67
    Hi J35 Sorry mines was a face 2 face and she definitely read everything she had typed into her computer she didn’t tell me what she was recommending just what I had answered when she asked questions,hope your appeal goes your way, I’m also going to appeal I was awarded standard mobility but only 6 points for daily living at MR mobility changed to Enhanced but no change with daily living, good luck.
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    they did not read back out was was written down to me which explains why there was info missing from the report, maybe some do some dont i dont know. good attitude to have im doing the same good luck on your decision it may be still good news for you  
  • Lou67
    Thanks J35 I seems they are a law onto themselves at times, hope you have a great outcome. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.