New Application For PIP - Advice or Experience Needed - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Application For PIP - Advice or Experience Needed

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    What’s a quality check 
  • cupcake88
    Independent acceptance sevice did mines 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like an audit to me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    What’s a audit ? Does that mean bad news 
  • cupcake88
    Yeh but they said that dwp received it yesterday ? But apparently it takes a couple of days before I get the text is that right . Do I need to ring up and request a copy of the report ? Or can I just wait for the decision . 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2020
    An audit is nothing for you to worry about. I have no idea how long it takes them to send the text. If both reports have been received back, they will send you a copy but you'll need to ring DWP. If you don't want to request the report then of course you don't have to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    What both reports sorry ? From the assessor just she do 2 reports 
  • poppy123456
    The digital copy and paper copy. Both are exactly the same reports.
  • cupcake88
    sorry for taking over the thread my anxiety has just gone threw the roof . I have decided not to call them before had I’ll wait for my decision letter I just have a feeling I Haven’t got it i feel so down . 
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    cupcake88 said:
    sorry for taking over the thread my anxiety has just gone threw the roof . I have decided not to call them before had I’ll wait for my decision letter I just have a feeling I Haven’t got it i feel so down . 
    I would maybe stop checking on how long other people's are taking otherwise you're going to make your anxiety worse. I get it, I have really bad anxiety too but at this point there is nothing you can do except wait it out. It's bloody difficult not to want to know about everyone else's though. 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • poppy123456
    @laurapeach totally agree with here. Coming onto an internet forum when apply for a benefit, isn't the best decision anyone can make because all the bad stories just increases any anxiety.
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    edited July 2020
    @cupcake88 you have the same assessment provider as me. I hope your report is different to mine. Im so disappointed its unreal. It took a great deal of strength to actually  go through it all and make a claim and now i feel like ive been slapped in the face xx
  • cupcake88
    @laurapeach @poppy123456 sorry for being annoying I keep repeating my self I know .  I have decided I’m just gonna wait till my letter comes I don’t want to see the report I’ll rather just deal with the decision . 

My partner just said to me it be nice if you did get it but we have survived with out it abit more longer if we have to appeal he always makes me feel good but he’s saying he has good faith that I will get what I do deserve . Sorry for taking over the thread I haven’t been very well today . 

@d@depressedmum09

i know it makes you feel like s*** don’t it when even filling out forms is a hard task all this pip stuff has just reminded me of how ill I am I’m feel very low tonight . I hope your decision is  different if not of course appeal . I some times wonder where I get my strength from to keep going , 
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Hi I had my phone call assessment yesterday morning and I've had a text message today to say dwp have received my report today. I am going to phone dwp on Monday and request a copy of my report. Could it take a good few weeks for my decision letter to come
  • poppy123456
    river123 said:
    Hi I had my phone call assessment yesterday morning and I've had a text message today to say dwp have received my report today. I am going to phone dwp on Monday and request a copy of my report. Could it take a good few weeks for my decision letter to come

Hi,

There's no timescales for any decision. It can take anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer. The report will give you some idea because they usually go with the recommendations in there, although it has been known for them to go against it, it's just rare.
  • SussexAndy
    SussexAndy Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Hopefully you still receive replies.  

Don't worry too much about PIP assessments.  Most people don't get it straight away and have to go through the tribunal process.   Its a system which SUCKS.

I used a useful website in regards to doing an online assessment (not an official one) which was linked from the Gov.uk website   https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

Complete the test and print out the results with explanations.   Set it aside for your tribunal.   It is worth following up and you need to understand that the PIP assessment companies are EVIL.   both ATOS and IAS have been repeatedly called out about their conduct.  It is important for anyone to remember that these companies are paid around £750,000 per annum plus Bonus for denying claims. 

because there is a money incentive denials are extremely common.   You need to fight unfortunately but to be honest with you preparation is key.   At my tribunal November 2019.  I took with me one diagnosis letter confirming my disability. The printout from the website above and completed online assessment. 

The tribunal was only 3 people.  A district Judge, a Senior Medical Professional and a Benefits advisor.   They were amazing and we just chatted about what I could and couldn't do and how my disability affects my life in general. 

I was awarded my Pip and furthermore they protected my pip until June 2021. where no doubt I will have to start the process again.  Although IAS has since confirmed my disability also in November 2019 entering onto Record that its a permanent disability and that I am written off from seeking employment.   So I'm not entirely sure how the next review will go in June 2021. 

All I am saying is chin up- expect to fail on application but to win at tribunal - last time I looked it was something like 76% of previously denied cases were overturned by the tribunals 

All the best 

Andy x

• poppy123456
    Hopefully you still receive replies.  

Don't worry too much about PIP assessments.  Most people don't get it straight away and have to go through the tribunal process.   Its a system which SUCKS.

HI,

Sorry but i diagree with this. The majority of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems at all. Remember that on an internet forum you'll very rarely see the good stories because if someone's had a decisions they're happy with they don't have any questions to ask so they don't tell their story.

Since the telephone assessments have been in process there's even more people successfully awarded and that is very good news.

I don't believe that they are paid for refusing people. The health assessment providers don't make decisions, they only make recommendations, so it's not possible to refuse a claimant.

Regarding your PIP end date, you will be contacted by DWP about 14 weeks before your award is due to end. You will need to fill out new PIP2 forms with all your information. Unfortunately, being unable to work has nothing to do with PIP, people claim PIP and work.
  • SussexAndy
    Hello, my comment was based on my experience.   Made my application in June 2018, denied in October 2018 tribunal in November 2019.    I recall a massive amount of news coverage in August and September 2018 about the assessors and I have no reason to believe that they have improved.   

It is encouraging however that more people are winning their tribunals which is the most important factor here.
  • SussexAndy
    Hello, my comment was based on my experience.   Made my application in June 2018, denied in October 2018 tribunal in November 2019.    I recall a massive amount of news coverage in August and September 2018 about the assessors and I have no reason to believe that they have improved.   

It is encouraging however that more people are winning their tribunals which is the most important factor here.
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    @SussexAndy
    Hi Andy, funny that you mention about PIP being denied first time around. 
    My friends aunt works on PIP assessments at the DWP. She spoke to her yesterday and she said if there is doubt on any claim, especially were mental health is concerned they do downgrade it as much as possible but usually accept when an appeal is made. its to stop handing out full awards when its not necessary. She said, people who are genuine and need the help will appeal, those who dont need it will just leave it. 
    I am guessing I will have to appeal my award judging by the report only but il have to wait until the official letter comes through to see. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.