Do I need a sick note if I'm entitled to LCWRA? Will having LCWRA help with my PIP reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need a sick note if I'm entitled to LCWRA? Will having LCWRA help with my PIP reconsideration?

Bonniebarber2020
Bonniebarber2020 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there I'm new to this so please be gentle with me, I claim UC and have been told im entitled to Lwcra and I've been told I don't have to produce any more sick notes is this the correct information?. Also I applied for pip and got knocked back so I put in a mandatory reconsideration will having Lwcra help with my reconsideration? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome First of all have you been assessed and awarded LCWRA if so then you no longer need to provide sick notes. If you havent been awarded then let me know and will go through the process.

PIP and LCWRA are completely different assessments, criteria and benefits so in answer no it wont help your PIP claim but there is no harm sending the report off with your PIP MR as supporting evidence .

If we can help with anything please just ask and I look forward to seeing you around
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bonniebarber2020! Welcome to the community :) Don't worry about being new to all of this, I am too.

Hopefully you found @janer1967's comment helpful? As she said, we are always happy to help where we can so feel free to get in touch if you need us.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Bonniebarber2020
    Hi thanks for your reply, I went to the job centre last Friday as I'd been having trouble getting on to my UC account, and the guy who I saw informed me that I'd been awarded Lcwra, but I havnt had any letter telling me this. My pip mandatory reconsideration I've been told by a txt message could take up to 10 weeks. On July 2nd was when I received the txt to say they were looking at my reconsideration. Do I need to ring them and mention the Lcwra or wait till they contact me. 
  • janer1967
    You dont need to ring but you could for advice as I said it could be sent as supporting evidence 
  • Bonniebarber2020
    How can I send supporting evidence if I havnt got a letter telling me I'm entitled to Lcwra and where can I get advice from, I'm new to all this and don't really understand all this ☹️
  • janer1967
    You will need to wait till you get your letter then send it to where you sent your MR with covering letter with your national insurance number on all documents 

I meant ring DWP about sending supporting evidence 

If you dont have award letter ring DWP for copy of your assessment 

But as I said getting one wint affect the other and sending it wont really change their decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Regarding your LCWRA if the decision's been made then the letter will be uploaded onto your journal. I'm very surprised your work coach has told you anything if you haven't received the letter yet. You will need to continue to send in the fit notes until you receive the letter of confirmation that the decision's been made. You won't receive a letter in the post.

LCWRA and PIP are 2 completely different benefit with different criteria and claiming the one doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to the other. Although once you receive the letter of confirmation there's no harm in sending them a copy of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bonniebarber2020
    I havnt spoken to a work coach as I made my claim just as lockdown was coming into force. 
  • poppy123456
    Then the person who you seen, who could have been your work coach. Either way, i wouldn't take their word for it. You need to continue with the fit notes until you've had the decision letter, which will be uploaded onto your journal. You could put a message on your journal to ask if a decision's been made on your work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bonniebarber2020
    OK I will look into this thank you, I will keep you posted 
  • Richteachouxsnack
    Richteachouxsnack Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Do you need to provide fit notes on lcw or no fit notes required like lcwra
  • poppy123456
    No further fit notes are needed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.