Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display?

Options

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @serenity2, appreciate it
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    ? your welcome it’s amazing...and anything that makes us feel good is brilliant...
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    yes i agree, it is nice to have your own space, glad to have mine, it certainly helps when the world gets to loud
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Grinchy it's so pleasing to hear that Star Wars helped you through a tough time in your life when you were young. It's always lovely when we have those hobbies or interests that never let us down, and always leave a smile on the face.

I've never actually seen Star Wars, I should add
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @Ross_Scope, thank you, it kept me going through the abuse, i knew Luke and the gang would always be there for me, as for not seeing the movies, well its not for everyone i know, but if you do decide to give them a try, start with the original movies star wars empire and jedi, still the best trilogy
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Did another swapsy with a fellow collector, and got this set on the way luke and yoda 6 inch scale figures

I won't be opening these two, but heres what they look like out of the package

you get two heads with yoda, and alternate hands with the luke, all in all a great set
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Well i've had a rough few days, no motivation, not even being in my room helped, but today i feel more positive, i did another swap with my friend Steve for more figures, heres what i have coming

a nice two pack of Luke and Han in there storm trooper disguises
    also won this on ebay from the new movies, this is Rey, Jedi training

Heres hoping this low mood has passed, have to see what happens, as always feel free to post your own place of calm
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry you have had a rough few days @Grinchy! I really hope today is a bit easier. :)
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Options
    cheers @Chloe_Scope, after a rough couple of days i do feel better, my room is back helping me, which is great 

• Grinchy
    Options
    So as i was feeling low, i decided to treat myself, here's Luke in Stormtrooper gear, i have the han already

and from the new  disney+ show the Mandalorian the main guy himself

• Grinchy
    Options
    So i went out today to visit a fellow collector and took a few bits to trade, i like doing trades helps build the collection without having to spend, got this Luke Skywalker figure set, here's a pic, its based on a star wars graphic novel

also got this Rey figure, one i didn't have

pleased i got out for a bit, off for a lie down now
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very cool additions to the collection @Grinchy! I'm also glad you got out for a bit. Enjoy the rest of your day :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Cheers @Tori_Scope, yeah i'm happy with the new additions, even went out to my shed to clean my work area up so i can do a bit when i feel up to it, so yeah, not a bad day
  • Grinchy
    Options
    got a couple more pieces in today bought online, only a few pounds each, mini helmet displays

Only have a few of the helmets, they did around twenty in the deagostinni line, i'm only interested in certain ones
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The new arrivals are looking good :) nice one
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Cheers, glad you like them,
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So i've been a busy bee with lots of help from my wife and Daughter, moved the collection into my sons vacated room heres a few pics

other side 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Looks good @Grinchy, more spaced out. Now you have more room to fill with more pieces. ;):D
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Cheers @66Mustang, already got my eye on a new cabinet, see what happens
  • Grinchy
    Options
    So my wife added star wars curtains to the room, and we hung some frames with artwork done by my Daughters first up our dog Sandy as an ewok, she is no longer with us but i have the memories
    next a drawing done by my other Daughter love it

Brightness