Hi how I hope om on the right page I'm lost lol — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi how I hope om on the right page I'm lost lol

Jackswan
Jackswan Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello everyone this site seems so friendly. I'm not going to bleat on about anything as I suffer from chronic anxiety disorder and panic attacks on a daily basis and am quite worried ill mess my words up. Peace be with you every one ?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackswan

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please let me know if you can a hand getting around????

@steve51
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @Jackswan

The website can take a bit of getting used to, so don't worry. You've posted in the right place for your first post. 

You don't need to worry about messing your words up, this is a safe space for you to express yourself in any way you want. We're all here to give you advice and support, and signpost you to any resources we think would be helpful to you.

You might like to have a look through the Mental Health category on the community, as many of our members struggle with anxiety. 

Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself? What are you into? 

We're glad to have you here, and I'm pleased you feel we're all friendly :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Jackswan
    Hi @steve51 thank you so much for your reply.i don't know how to explain this but my mental health isn't up to scratch atm. How can I get advise on filling a pip review form. Thnks jack

• Jackswan
    Tori I don't think I'm getting this right. I think I've messed up with messages being sent to you sorry for that. I'm going to take a break my heads in tha shed. Perhaps tomorrow I can figure out how to get around here thnksfor your message ??
  • Jackswan
    Hi im new peace everone ? hope I can get some advice on pip review forms tyvm ? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackswan - Welcome to the community, & just to say you're managing great.
    Altho the PIP review form is much shorter, you should give as much detail as for your initial PIP form, just add extra pages at the end saying which question you're continuing to reply about. Remember to put your name & National Insurance number on these additional pages.
    If you don't mind, I'll give you a link to a website which is to help people with mental health problems complete their PIP form & so will still be relevant/give you ideas on the sort of things you should be considering. Please see: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/
    Hope this helps, & let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    It's ok, you just posted to my 'wall' instead @Jackswan! It looks like you've worked out how to comment on the post now. 

You can get lots of information about PIP on the PIP, DLA, and AA category on the community (which you can find under 'helpful groups' on the home page), and on Scope's advice and support page.

I'm new here too, so don't worry if it takes you a little while to find your feet here- we're in it together :)

• Jackswan
    Chiarieds tyvm for this info on mental health. I so much appreciate your advice. Can I use the award form for my pip to help as it contains the points I scored for each descriptor. As in I need assistance in cooking as I'm unsafe and my wife assists and promts me etc etc. And so as to the rest of the questions. As my condition is still pretty much the same as before no change no new aids. Maybe Im wrong please help. I also have a broken back n crushed vetbrea etc hope this makes sense. ?

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    You can use anything you think might help @Jackswan but do remember PIP isn't about your medical conditions but the care and/or mobility issues you have because of them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Jackswan
    Woodbine tyvm ?. I am on high rate for both and suffer mh and physical injury. Was just thinking about the review form and do I still state I need prompting and reminding and assisting to the questions as did last time. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Jackswan said:
    Woodbine tyvm ?. I am on high rate for both and suffer mh and physical injury. Was just thinking about the review form and do I still state I need prompting and reminding and assisting to the questions as did last time. 

Hi and welcome,

As Chiarieds has advised, you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Don't just put "no change" then leave it at that. You should also add some real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

For example, if you need prompting/assistance then why do you need this? don't just put you need prompting etc because this won't be enough of information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackswan
    Poppy thanks for that I know now exactly what you mean. I just can't put it into words properly sorry to be a burden 

• Jackswan
    Is possible to ask for my assessment report from wen I was awarded pip four years ago.. Just askin ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jackswan - as advised by woodbine, you can use whatever you want, & referring back to your initial claim is certainly not a bad idea as you were successfully awarded (& the same descriptors are looked at again). 
    As you say there has been no change, then the info in your initial claim is still relevant. As Poppy advised, giving a couple of examples as to the difficulty you face with any applicable descriptor adds to your evidence. You need to say when the difficulties occur, why, & what happened the last time you attempted such an activity, & what was the result, etc. These 'real life examples' as to how your disability affects you are what you need.
    May I suggest you get your wife to look through the link I sent as well. As many of us do, some things we just 'cope' with & don't realise that a person who wasn't disabled would have no difficulty. She may very well give more insight. My son wrote my initial claim form, & helped me to better explain some of the problems I had, which is why I mention this.
  • Jackswan
    Chiarieds I'm so grateful for this info. This was what I was trying to find yay ? I really appreciate the effort all you and the other team do to support me in this matter. Props to all of you ? ?. 
  • poppy123456
    Jackswan said:
    Is possible to ask for my assessment report from wen I was awarded pip four years ago.. Just askin ?

You can certainly ring DWP to ask if they still have it. Theres no guarantee they will though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jackswan
    Ty so much for the info poppy ill get the wife to ask as I can't talk to them. But worth a try. Am I posting on the right page or do I have to go to Other ones. Srry for my confusion 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

Your post here is fine.
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi again @Jackswan

As Poppy said, you were fine to post here as it was your first post. Please do keep us up to date with how your wife gets on! And if you'd like to ask any further questions or chat to more of our members, then have a look through the categories page to see where your post might fit the best. Don't worry if you're not sure, we can always move it for you :) 

How are you getting on today? 

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackswan

How are you doing today???

It’s great to see that you have meet some of the team here at Scope.

I do hope that they have helped?????

@steve51

Brightness