Video Games - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I have been a gamer since being a teen playing arcade games to death (or it felt that way, lol!). Until I was 26 I stuck to those but then picked up a Sinclair Spectrum and have played such games until I am now 63. I went from box to box (C64, Amiga, Playstation, Sega, Xbox (original) but somewhere in between I switched to a PC to play more complex MMORPG type games I started on the Amiga. I still have an odd console or two about (including a PS3) but tend to stick mostly to games I can play slowly and comfortably considering my condition. Hence I now play OSRS (having restarted after gaining massive levels in RS3) but also play Diablo 3, World of Tanks, World of Warships and the odd dip into my old WoW characters.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Has anyone heard of of a game called kingdoms of amular? It comes out very soon on ps4 but I think it has been out before on other consoles. I may have the spelling incorrect.
    Hi @Dragonslayer, I had the original version on the PC about five years ago. I didn't play much of it because of time constraints but it was a very pretty, very satisfying hack and slash RPG. Well worth a look at. It reminded me very much of an MMORPG like WoW in terms of style.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer
    @Adrian_Scope

What is Kingdoms of Amula about? Sounds interesting.

On a side note, I'm packing up all my games consoles at the moment in preparation for moving and between us, me and my partner have a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and a Switch... not gonna be short of choice am I? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I have watched the video intro to the game and it looks to be a!omg the same lines as other rpg,s. Open world, exploring, monsters, fighting ect. But I will give it a go and let you know what I think. 
  • Dragonslayer
    Finished the Ghost of Thusima and it lives up to all I expected. It is now the biggest, fastest selling game ever on PS4 and it well deserves to be. It has to be, for me at least, one of the best games ever. I have already started to play again from the start and I have never done that before..
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @Dragonslayer
    I'm glad you enjoyed the game, it must be good if you've already started playing it again :) 

I've started The Last Of Us Part II from the beginning again. I'm playing it on the "New Game Plus" setting where you can keep all of your weapons and character upgrades from your original playthrough and have them from the start of the game.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Hi Ross
    I did the very same as you with The Last of us II, but stopped after a while when I got The Ghost game. I then decided not to play ghost again thinking it would be better to wait for a little while. You see it doesn't give the Game+ option, you really do have to start all over again. So I thought leaving it alone would give me better game play later on. I am now playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice again. It has hard fighting and plenty of puzzles. A really good game. They are releasing Hellblade II soon. It too doesn't have game +.
  • Ross_Alumni
    @Dragonslayer
    Will you be getting Hellblade 2 when it releases? 

• Dragonslayer
    Hi Ross
    I will definitely be getting it when it releases, but not sure when it does. I believe it may well be after the release of the PS5 (Or at least close to it) like a few others games are waiting for. 
    I'm still thinking about The Kingdoms of Amular when it comes out on PS4, but I know nothing about it. It has been out on PC for a few years I think, but all I know is, it's an RPG. 
  • Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Who got a PS4 or a Nintendo twitch with animal crossing new horizons game I can connect with 
  • Dragonslayer
    @Ross_Scope
    Do you have a PS4? Will you be getting a PS5? 
  • Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    No just a PS4 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Seems mad that the PS5 is coming out. I remember getting a PS1 as a child. I feel old!!
  • Dragonslayer
    @Ross_Scope
    I will be getting a PS5 when it comes out which will be around the end of this year, that will be a Christmas present to  myself. 
    I just finished Hellblade and found it as good as the first playthrough, but sadly discovered after looking online that Hellblade 2 won't be available for PS4 or 5. Microsoft bought Ninja Theory (The company that made it) and so now it is a Microsoft exclusive. So it will be for the Xbox or PC. 

• Dragonslayer
    @66Mustang
    I too remember my first PlayStation and also feel old after looking back. But at least keeping up with the progression of things keeps us all young.
    One good thing is the PS5 will be backwards compatible so I can play my collection of AC games on it, as well as the games I store on my portable drive.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    @Dragonslayer
    It's a shame that Hellblade is now a Microsoft exclusive. That's happening more and more these days, you almost need all the consoles to be able to play the games you want. 

I'll be getting a PS5 for sure. Like @66Mustang it's mad that we're at the launch of the PS5 almost. I too had a PS1 and can still remember the start up screen and that iconic sound it made. But yeah, as soon as pre-order is available I'll be snapping one up. The backwards compatibility is certainly a massive feature, although I don't think it extends back to titles from PS3 or before. 

@emilyanner
    I'm sure there will be others on here with a Switch and Animal Crossing, are you enjoying the new game? 

• Dragonslayer
    New games seem to have dried up a little right now. Looks like they are all waiting for the Christmas release and the new consoles coming out. I can understand that for sale reasons, but feel a little let down as a result. I am 'picky' though, I don't like first person, much rather prefer third person. And don't like those games where you seem to be looking down on the game. So I have reverted back of a last year game of Greedfall, an open world RPG.
  • Dragonslayer
    I'm sure the PS5 will only play PS4 games and non from any other older PS consoles. It does seem a pity and yes I agree with @Ross_Scope It looks like we have to every console to play all games. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    @Dragonslayer
    From a financial point of view I think it makes sense for developers to release games now, right before the next generation consoles arrive. Because they will sell copies beforehand, and then they could just make a version of the game that is upscaled graphically for the new consoles and sell even more copies. Whilst those who bought it on the current generation could just play it on the new ones anyway.

• Dragonslayer
    @Ross_Scope
    I totally agree. It makes no sense for them to hang onto new games when they will have more systems to release them on. As you say like most things today it is all about money! ?

Brightness