I was on ESA but got cancelled as not enough tax paid. Was on DLA health3... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was on ESA but got cancelled as not enough tax paid. Was on DLA health3...

cherub72
cherub72 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I have eventually received a Pip Form to fill in because my health has deteriorated but it says i have to send evidence of scans, xrays information from professionals how my health is affected.  i  do not have any letters from drs, consultants etc they keep all the information themselves, i can give them dates of when i have been contacted and seen the consultants and when procedures have happened but they said they do not want this information. i have no idea what to do now. i was told to go off DLA and go onto Pip the way this is going they are going to cancel my DLA and i will have nothing at all.   Can anyone advise me please. thanks

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Your doctors will give you copies of this information. Some doctors ask for a small payment. Good luck
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hello @cherub72

The Citizens Advice website has got a really informative webpage called "Getting evidence to support your PIP claim" that has good advice on this.

Good luck with your claim.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cherub72
    Thanks Lulu 1949 i appreciate it. 
  • cherub72
    Thanks Cher I will check it out. 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely, let us know if we can help you with any other questions.

Also, I think you posted this twice so I've deleted your other post so people can respond all to this one place :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's free to receive digital copies of all of your medical records, just speak to the receptionist at your GP surgery. Although, unless any of your medical records state exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors then it won't be a huge help. Most medical records don't state this.

Medical evidence is not needed for a PIP claim. Anecdotal evidence will always be the best you will ever send. Just a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you, including who was with you, where you were and what happened.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cherub72
    Thanks Poppy.  My partner was with me when it happened and when paramedics were there and what they did before they admitted me to hospital. so i will give them the details and dates then.   im pleased i posted on here. you have helped me. i thought i couldnt put any of it down.
  • poppy123456
    Does any of what happened relate to the activities for the PIP descriptors? https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

You need a couple of real life examples for each one that applies to you, rather than just 1 examples for all of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cherub72
    Hi poppy. i just read the message and yes i have issues with all the activities and can say when and why. Thanks so much.
  • poppy123456
    Make sure you know the difference between an assertion and evidence.

This quote was take from another members comment but it's excellent advice as always from someone that's been a welfare rights adviser for more than 30 years.

The difference between assertion and evidence. Assertion is “I fall twice a week”. Evidence is “I fell last week in my kitchen in the morning with my mother present. My left knee gave way and I collapsed forwards hitting my head on the oven door. I couldn’t get up by myself and my mother had to lift me up and call an ambulance because I split the left side of my forehead open.”

• cherub72
    thanks Poppy\   This helps alot as my issues happen all the time.  So i need to put both and explain on the evidence.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @cherub72 Just wanted to say Hi good luck with your claim. 

Filling in the form with all the information as explained is the best way to have a successful clam.

Make usrer you keep a copy for your reference as the assessment will be based around what you have put on the form
  • cherub72
    Hi all.  I contacted Citizens Advice Bureau and eventually got through to be told that they do not help with PIP Forms anymore but they gave me a telephone number of another community group that may be able to help.  i have an appointment with them over the phone in 2 weeks so have had to get an extension on the PIP form for sending it back. I will let you all know the outcome when i find out anymore.  thank you all in advance. xx

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @cherub72. I'm sorry CAB weren't able to help you but I'm glad to read they've put you in touch with another group that can. 
    Good luck with the appointment and let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cherub72
    Thanks Adrian I will.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.