Hi, my name is in_need_of_sanity — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is in_need_of_sanity

Options
In_need_of_sanity
In_need_of_sanity Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hi All
Good Afternoon.
I am new to this group and have been looking for support from people in similar situations to myself. 
I have been feeling very isolated and alone lately and hope to meet others for advice/support and general conversation.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @In_need_of_sanity and welcome to our online community.  I'm so pleased you found us.

It's been a difficult year and a lot of our members are feeling lonely too.  The good news is, there's almost always one of us about to have a friendly chinwag.  A good place to start is the Coffee Lounge where we have lots of varied discussions going on and fun games.  Feel free to join in.

Is there anything that is particularly bothering you that we can help with?  We are non-judgemental and would love to help if we can.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @In_need_of_sanity - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining, & I hope you find it helpful. Many of us like having a chat here; it's just good to get in touch with others. Do you have any questions at all? :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @In_need_of_sanity Welcome to the community glad you have joined us here and I look forward to seeing you around

Lots of members are feeling the same so you have come to the right place, there is always someone around to chat with
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @In_need_of_sanity

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please let me know if you need any help getting around???

@steve51
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @In_need_of_sanity! I'd also like to welcome you to the community :)

How have you been getting on today? Did you manage to have a little look around the community? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • In_need_of_sanity
    In_need_of_sanity Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi All. Thank you for welcoming me to the group. Apologies for the late response.  
    I have had a brief look around but need practice. 
    I have no specific questions just yet. I hope to be popping in to the coffee lounge at some point later today.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @In_need_of_sanity, it's great to have you aboard :) 

It definitely takes a little bit of time to get used to the layout of the community but I'm sure you'll figure it out in no time :) 

Yes I would recommend browsing the coffee lounge and getting involved, please don't hesitate to ask if something doesn't make sense or if you need help getting around the community.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's ok @In_need_of_sanity! Just give us a shout if you need anything. We look forward to seeing you around :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @In_need_of_sanity! Great to have you with us. I see you posted really early this morning. Do you find it hard to sleep?

I hope the coffee lounge is able to make you a cup of tea of coffee (other beverages are available...) and you can chat with others. :)
    Scope

Brightness