Hi, my name is Catkins! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Catkins!

Catkins
Catkins Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello ..new to you all.Xx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catkins

Good Evening & Welcome to our online community/family ?

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Can you please let us know a bit more about yourself if you don’t mind???

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catkins - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining, & do say if you have any questions. Please join in with any discussions, or perhaps start in our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to chat about your interests, or play our word games, etc. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Good afternoon @catkins and welcome to our online community.  I'm glad you found us.  

I see you have met some of our lovely members and wondered how you were today?  Also, from your username I thought I'd ask, are you a cat person?  :)

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help you in any way.  Have a great Monday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Catkins
    Hello..1st time ever found a post that could help..i  am 69 and been on D.L.A high award for 13yrs..Last few years had 2 knee replacents,heart ablation,recently toe amputation all the wile having anxiety/depression.Was waiting for old d.l.a  changing me to pip and really stryggling with mental health but cant/dont know what to do.Sorry if i confuse you, i confuse myself every hour..On my own dont no wot to do next..other than been a nuisance,do nothing and the CIRCLE  of worry and crying continues..take care.thanks for being there??xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited September 2020
    @Catkins If I could give you a big hug, I really would.  You are doing amazingly well considering what you have been though in the last couple of years.  That would all test the very best of us, so well done you for getting through it.  You are definitely not a nuisance.   <3

First things first, I'd try not to worry about your DLA.  Have you had a letter asking you to claim PIP?  If, or when, you do make sure to tell us so we can help you with filling it in.

Also, are you receiving any help with your low mood?  Have you spoken to your GP about it?  It sounds like this circle of worry and crying is taking its toll and getting some support could make a difference to your wellbeing.  

Don't forget we are here for you, you don't have to go through this alone.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Catkins, sorry to hear of your troubles. It's not easy to be thinking about benefits and procedures when you are not well. 
    Is there anyone you live near or someone close you can trust to help you with this?

If not, your local Council should have a department that assists residents to assess which benefits they are entitled to and how to apply. It's worth giving them a ring. 
    Also, you should be able to get some assistance with Social Care from Social Services. If you need any adaptations to your home, again your local council should have a Disability Department, if you contact them they'll be able to help you. 

Don't hesitate to ask for help, you deserve it as much as anyone else in your position. With regards to depression and anxiety, both are understandable, especially if you feel unsupported with your physical problems. Perhaps you could speak to Mind or a helpline run by your local council. 

Take care. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catkins Welcome to the community, I see you have had lots of advice already and that is what we are here for to help an support you

Try and not worry about the DLA to PIP tuill it happens there will be plenty of support here for you when the time comes

I look forward to seeing you around and hope we can help with some of your loneliness
  • Catkins
    Thank you all for replying to me.
    So so nice to knowq someone is thereS?Saw a gp 2weeks ago and started me on 10mg Anitriptiline,said if no better to ring back wich i will do....So exhausting worrying.Thank you again for been there.
    I will gradually ring advice lines you all mentioned..Look after yourselves.xx❤xx
  • steve51
    Hi @Catkins

No probs it’s my Pleasure ?

Yes I have been on Amitrptyline 150mg per night for sometime now?

@steve51
  • Catkins
    Hello @steve51.
    Cud i ask youwhat time u take it.No wonder i do not feel any better after two weeks on 10mg,but hopefully he will higher it when i ring tomoro.It is so nice wen there is a positive reply..1st time on any forum..Felt very welcoming.Take care.xx
  • steve51
    Hi @Catkins

I tend to take mine just before bedtime (10ish)

Please please don’t worry as we all start at 10mg.

You would be flat out if you went straight on 150mg.

I have been talking mine since 1998/99.

10mg is the starting dose. What time have you been told to take yours????

Do you take any other meds as well???

Please please let me know how things go tomorrow?????

If you need any further help/support please come back to me???

@steve51

• Catkins
    Hi @Steve51.
    Morning just an update..doctor has highered my meds to 20mg,wil take at 8 30pm as felt fuzzy in the mornings wen take it later.(maybe cos new on them)back in a month.Hope that makes a difference as so deflated/not wanting to go or do anything..Nothing interests me.so hoping my meds help,and start enjoying socializing as hate feeling like this.xxx
  • steve51
    Hi @Catkins

Thanks for updating me?

Yes I do take mine around 8ish.

They will take a few weeks to get into your system.

Sorry but do you take any other meds with them.

Please please let me know how you get on over the next few days if you don’t mind??

@steve51

• Catkins
    Hello @Steve51.
    Hope u have had a nice day,i have sat in garden today for a bit of tonic(the sun).Evan had a nap as anxious all night with waiting for ring back from gp about ajusting my new meds..I take a blood thinner as had 2 cardiovesions then ended up 3hr heart ablation.also Propanolol when heart misvehaves.
    Thyroxine as i dont produce it.2 Co-codamol as and when for pain.
    Will start my extra 10mg amatripyline.
    Cud i ask do yr meds help,are they the only ones to take.Have a good evening..are u watchinEngland play .?xxx 

• Cher_Alumni
    Hi @catkins !! it's lovely to see you here today.  

The weather outside has been glorious hasn't it, a really nice bit of late summer sun.  You do right sitting outside in it, I would too.

I hope your new medications suit you and relieve some of your symptoms.  Make sure to get in touch with your GP if you are worried over anything.  

Are you watching England play?  I didn't realise they were! Is it football?

• steve51
    Hi @Catkins

Yes it has been a very very good day today.

I am glad that you have had a nice day in the sun/garden.

I am on a large list of meds to date that only take the edge off things.

My biggest help so far is too stay off my right leg as much as possible.

Yes I have got the football on how about you??????

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catkins and welcome to the community! How are you finding Amitrptyline? I take it on an evening as well. It can take a while for your body to get used to it, I just hope it is also reducing your symptoms.  
    Scope

• Catkins
    Hello Chloe.
    Hope u are well..thx for replying,been having a few off days,and felt very low,wonder if i will ever feel happy and alert one of these days. My mind is stuck on repeat ...wot ifs../tomorow i will???Dr changed meds from 10mg to 20mg.(thurs). prob just takes time.Am i being too rude as to askingWot dose are you on,and did it take awhile,plus how did u feel at first.????
    Sorry can understand if u wud rather not say.But hope they helped and you are feelling ok.Thanks Chloe for your post,luv Linda.xx
  • steve51
    Hi @Catkins

I am very very sorry to hear that you have been feeling low.

How have your 20mg tables going???

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with???

Got the football ⚽️ on currently there is 4 matches on today “great stuff”

@steve51

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @Catkins :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low at the moment. Is there anything you could do this weekend in the meantime to help lift your mood? The weather hasn't been great where I am, but do you feel able to get out for a bit? Even just sitting outside can be a real mood lifter, and I know you mentioned being able to sit in your garden before. Is there anything else you could try that usually makes you feel a bit better?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness