Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Wca appointment via phonecall

jojo7777jojo7777 Member Posts: 39 Listener
Hi,I had my wca over the phone in August,rang to find out decision only to b told that they need me to come in for a face 2 face..y???

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 8,413 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Sometimes they cant get all they need over the phone bit I didnt think they were doing f2f yet 

Did they say when it was likely to be 
  • jojo7777jojo7777 Member Posts: 39 Listener
    Thanks,no there not doing them at present,but I've been told I will need to go for one...is it quite common for them to do this?
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,504 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not common but it does happen.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, you're not the only person that's had a work capability assessment via the phone and now they need to attend a face to face assessment because they weren't able to get enough of information without seeing you in person. Unfortunately, there's no sign of these assessments starting back anytime soon. All you can do is wait and i know that's not what you wanted to hear but there's nothing more you can do.          
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.