Nervous about ESA telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nervous about ESA telephone assessment

delise1
delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hello everyone I just received a letter from ESA for a telephone assessment on Thursday 22nd October 2020 I am so worried because I don't know what to expect and also I suffer from very bad Anxiety when talking to people that I don't know and even worst i cannot see the person I am speaking to and also I don't trust any of those people because they normally lied. The lost time I did my ESA assessment With a physiotherapist he lied about everything and I didn't received any points i had to go to court and won so this is very worrying to me. So if anyone have done this telephone assessment  before can you please let me know what to expect many thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you kept a copy of the form that you returned then i'd advise you to have a read of this before the assessment. Part of the assessment will be for you to confirm what you wrote in the form, as well as any other information they ask. It's impossible for anyone to tell you what they will ask because it all depends on how your conditions affect you. They will want to know what a typical day is like for you.

If you don't understand or hear what was said then please ask them to repeat it. If you have someone that can be with you on the day then this will help, you can put the phone onto loud speaker.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • delise1
    Poppy123456
    Thanks for getting back to me I really appreciate it thanks for the heads up 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @delise1 Welcome on board and I wish you luck for your assessment, let us know how you get on

Just be yourself and tell it as it is, is there anyone that could be resent with you who may be able to prompt you ?

Try having the TV on with no volume and you can look at th screen and may feel like you are talking to someone (may be a daft idea ) just a thought
  • delise1
    Hi @janer1967
    Thanks for your brilliant idea will definitely let you know how it goes Thanks for your support i really appreciate it thanks again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your very welcome fingers crossed for you
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @delise1, just wanted to check in to see how it went. :)
    Scope

• delise1
    Chloe_scope
    I was so nervous the gentleman seems nice but all those people tend to lies the telephone assessment only takes 19 minutes and 59 seconds fingers crossed ? everything goes well 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad it's all done now. Although i disagree that "they all lie" Lots of people are successfully placed into one of the groups with no problems at all, we just rarely hear the good stories. I've been in the Support Group since 2012 with no problems at all and i've had 4 assessments in that time, 2 face to face and 2 paper based.

Wait about a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. When you receive it take a look at the LCW and LCWRA recommendations at the back of the report. If you don't understand it post here and someone will help you further.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • delise1
    @Poppy123456
    Thanks for all of your wonderful help and advice i really appreciate it thanks again and I will definitely be phoning DWP for a copy of my assessment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.