Hi, my name is StarPotter24! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is StarPotter24!

Options
StarPotter24
StarPotter24 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am a single mum to a disabled adult son who is my absolute world

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board glad you have joined 

I am a single mum too but we are the other way round I am the disabled one 

But he is my world too 

Feel free to join in and I look forward to seeing you around 

We do have a parents of disabled children section you might be interested in 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @StarPotter24 - & welcome to this friendly community. Thank you for joining us all. It sounds like your son is fortunate to have such a lovely mum. Please do have a look around & join in with any discussions; there are links to these at the top of the page. How are you doing today? :)
  • StarPotter24
    StarPotter24 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for allowing me to join I have dealt with most issues surrounding my son alone so this is definitely new to me and a little daunting to be honest. I internalise most things so I may find it difficult initially but I am hoping in these strange times that this will help relieve some of my stress and anxiety.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is just what this community is for @StarPotter24 - you can talk here about anything, knowing that some of our members will understand what you're going through. We also have light-hearted discussions & word games in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' which offers some distraction, which we all need at times. Do chat here any time. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome @StarPotter24 It's good to meet you!

I am always in awe of single parents.  They do an amazing job and often don't get the credit they deserve.  Your son is very lucky to have you  <3

Our community is here whenever you need anyone to rant to or whenever things feel like they are too much.  I understand it can feel daunting at first but please don't be afraid to share anything that is troubling you, we get it and want to support you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help getting around.  In the meantime, feel free to have a nosey in our coffee lounge and at our recent discussions to see if anything takes your fancy :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community again @StarPotter24 :) I hope that interacting with our friendly members can alleviate some of your anxiety and stress too. It can be difficult to share, so take your time and remember that we're all here to support you.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @StarPotter24, so great to have you with us. How are you doing today?
    Scope

Brightness