PIP Paper Based Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Paper Based Assessment

Comments

• TheFutureEmbrace
    TheFutureEmbrace Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    So I spoke to someone at Captcha. She said there was no way the report would be done yet as its a paper based assessment and they take longer because the assessor has to contact the health care professionals about the evidence sent and wait for replies off them.
    I'm starting to wonder whether it would have just been better to have a phone assessment if paper based takes so much longer.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I see the forms were only sent back in September, which really isn't long at all. It could potentially take several months for a successful claim.

If there's enough of evidence to do a paper based assessment they will, otherwise she could still have a telephone assessment. They could potentially contact someone off the list, if you provided any contact details when filling out the form.

My daughter had a paper based assessment for her last review and the whole process took almost 5 months, if i remember correctly.

There's really no timescales for telephone assessments or paper assessments. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

All you can do now is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    Hi guys just a quick update.
    I rang the DWP and they said that my partner's report is now with a case manager. They received it on 15th October, 2 weeks ago.

I requested a copy of the report and they're sending it out.
    Judging by what the assessor said on the phone I'm optimistic but I don't want to be too hopeful.

I just hope the report corroborates everything said in the paper based assessment.

Now it's waiting, but we're in the final stretch (for now).
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update fingers crossed the wait isnt too long now
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully the wait isn't too long @TheFutureEmbrace and best of luck with the outcome.

Thanks for the update.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    Thanks for the support everyone.

Does anyone know the difference between case managers vs decision makers? Are the same thing, or will my claim have to be passed onto a decision maker after the case manager has looked at ir?
  • poppy123456
    Case Managers are a lower grade than Decision Makers and are usually only trained to make PIP Decisions whereas a DM may have experience of other benefits and would also be responsible for making eligibility Decisions as well as entitlement ones.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    @poppy123456 Do you know whether there is a difference between case managers vs decision makers? Are they the same thing, or will my claim have to be passed onto a decision maker after the case manager has looked at it?
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    @poppy123456 Thanks for the reply, sorry about the double post.

I'm hoping for a decision within the next 2 - 4 weeks, do you think that's reasonable as the case manager has already had it for 2 weeks?
    Also, does the backpay always go into the account before the decision letter arrives if the claim is successful?
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    There's no timescales for any decision, it's made when it's made. It's like asking how long is a piece of string. Not what you wanted to hear i know but there's nothing more you can do but wait.

If the deciison goes in her favour, It's highly likely the money will be in the bank before the decision letter is received.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Good luck keep us all updated 
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    The report arrived today. My partner scored 17 points on daily living and 10 points on mobility.
    If the case manager goes with this recommendation we'll be happy.

Fingers crossed.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news fingers crossed they go with the report
  • cupcake88
    That’s what I scored . Fingers crossed let us know I really hope she gets her pip . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @TheFutureEmbrace - I'm glad you're pleased with your partner's report. :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Great news for you and partner!
    Must be such a relief  :)
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    @cupcake88 Did they go with the recommendation on your report?
    How long was it between receiving your report and the money being in your bank?
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    @Cress yes, but still worried that the case manager can go against the report.
    I won't be completely relieved until I see the money in the account or the decision letter lol.
  • TheFutureEmbrace
  • cupcake88
    @TheFutureEmbrace hi there yeh they went with the points but not with the length the report said a year and they have given me till mid 2022 so that’s  just over 2 years . I had the money in my account before the report ha and before the decision it was bout 2 weeks I would tell your partner to check her bank and you will find the money wil prob be in there before her decision 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.