Hi, my name is lisajane73! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lisajane73!

Options
lisajane73
lisajane73 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hi everyone, I'm Lisa. 

I have multiple health conditions and my employment allows my to work with people with health conditions and disabilities and that is how I've found my way to this forum. 

I'm very excited to work my way round what Scope has to offer as we all need support and a lifeline, especially in the current climate, isolation is a horrible thing!  I'm currently working from home, whilst it suits me and to be honest I'd quite happily stay here I know not everyone feels the same.  Isolation can increase anxiety and other mental health issues so what a great tool to have to speak to people.

I can't wait to have a bimble about and see what's available on here.  As we say everyday is a school day and the more society learns to support those of us with health conditions and disabilities the more the world will become a better place to be!

Have a safe and happy day all.

Lisa x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome lisa great to have you on board and glad you still manage to work and that you are enjoying working from home 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisajane73 - & welcome to this great community, Lisa. I'm pleased you have found us, as this is a very supportive group, which I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of, as everyone here is very friendly, & we help each other as best we can. Do have a look around, & join in with the discussions. Thank you for joining with your kind wishes. :)
  • gracious
    gracious Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Anxiety, to be honest I never realised what it was, until 2 weeks ago then, Phew,
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lisajane73 :) It's really great to have you here, and I'm sure you'll be able to make lots of valuable contributions. 

Feel free to have a look around and join in with any discussions that catch your eye. A good place to start is the coffee lounge, which hosts our casual conversation. You can also scroll through the recent discussions to get an idea of what our members are talking about right now.

Give us a shout if you need any help navigating the community!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • lisajane73
    Options
    gracious said:
    Anxiety, to be honest I never realised what it was, until 2 weeks ago then, Phew,
    Yes, very worrying and uncertain times for us all  :/ places like this though are the way forward  :) keep us happy and in touch with people x 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome @lisajane73 and may I compliment you on your use of the word 'bimble', it's totally one of my favourites.

How's your day been today?  I hope you've managed to have a potter about our community and look forward to speaking more with you :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lisajane73
    Options
    Welcome @lisajane73 and may I compliment you on your use of the word 'bimble', it's totally one of my favourites.

How's your day been today?  I hope you've managed to have a potter about our community and look forward to speaking more with you :)
    Thankyou ? love the old words,  my mom potters, loves pottering about, what she does is anyone's business ? I've just been pottering! Love it!  Day has been good,  welded 2my sofa working from home.   However I'm a lucky one,  I have a job and I'm safe.  Extremely lucky in the current climate.   Very scary uncertain times.   I have told everyone about the Scope site today,  helping to grow such a fabulous community and helping each other along the way...... stay safe,  stay well xx

Brightness