Hi, my name is Martindougan11! Newsround BBC shout out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Martindougan11! Newsround BBC shout out

Martindougan11
Martindougan11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2020 in Research and opportunities
Hello everyone :)

My name is Martin and I am a journalist at the BBC.  I work on Newsound, the news programme for kids.  

At the moment I am working on a story:  How young disabled kids have been impacted by the Covid crisis!

Our core audience are 7-13 year olds, give or take.  I'm reaching out to see if anyone within that demographic would be willing to share their experiences with me?  

i'm hoping to speak with some young people on how they feel and how it has impacted, not only them but their families too.  

The end game is to show the stats and number behind the problem, alongside peoples personal stories.  So I can go to a government minister and put questions to them, to encourage change.

I hope this all makes sense and I look forward to hearing back.

Take care
Martin.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Martindougan11! Welcome to the community, and thanks for thinking of us :) What an exciting opportunity. 

I've sent you an email from our community email address (community@scope.org.uk). If you could give it a quick read and get back to us, that'd be great!

I've also moved your post into our Events, Research, and Opportunities category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.