Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

pee14
pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
Hello everybody ,
My mums pip review was was meant to be July 2020 she has just recieved a letter saying her award has been extended for another year , I thought that reviews was still going ahead via telephone,  has anybody else had theirs extended without having to have a review ? Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Yes, they are extending some awards because of Covid. Some have had them extended by 6 months, others for longer. Mine was extended by 15 months and my daughters by 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Lots if people are having extensions still as advised above.  Your mum doesn't need to do anything until she is contacted 

But just because it has been extended they can still review anytime . Some people have had extension letters followed by review forms few weeks after 

Fingers crossed your mum will gave bit of time yet 
  • pee14
    Thankyou very much , so they are ppl having reviews aswel ? They should make it clearer ,anyway thankyou @poppy123456
    @janer1967
  • poppy123456
    The award has been extended because of Covid but this doesn't mean they won't still contact her at anytime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pee14
    @poppy123456 do you know why they choose to review someppl and extend others.
  • poppy123456
    I'm guessing it depends on how your conditions affect you. As i said my daughters award was also extended but not for as long as mine was extended for.
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    If you don't mind me asking poppy , how long ago did the extend your award and your daughters award?
  • poppy123456
    I received both letters last Saturday.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My pip was to run until march 2021 but I’ve had a letter extending it until October 2021, so 7 months extension. However having read around it I’m expecting a review letter sooner rather than later. I also reach retirement age in March 2021 so that’s an added complication for me anyway.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• pee14
    @leeCal
    I'm sure @poppy123456 will give you advice Good luck.
  • pee14
    leeCal said:
    My pip was to run until march 2021 but I’ve had a letter extending it until October 2021, so 7 months extension. However having read around it I’m expecting a review letter sooner rather than later. I also reach retirement age in March 2021 so that’s an added complication for me anyway.
    Yes it does , I hope they will leave you till then and just give you it for 10 years or so.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @pee14 I hope so too ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• pee14
    @poppy123456
    Hi my mums just got her review form today ,can I ask who makes a decision on the review form please?
  • poppy123456
    pee14 said:
    @poppy123456
    Hi my mums just got her review form today ,can I ask who makes a decision on the review form please?

Hi,

Decision makers do, just like with any PIP claim. Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. Most people have them as paper based assessments are still rare, so she should expect a telephone assessment.

She needs to make sure she fills out the form with as much information as possible about how her conditions affect her. Please don't just put "no change" even if there's no change in her conditions.
  • pee14
    Thankyou @poppy123456
    So if there's no change i tell them still how it affects her? 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes absolutely.
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    Could you help please, I'm confused on what to and not to send ,
    My mum has a letter from her mental health care coordinator,  which is titled Supporting letter for review of her personal independence payment (PIP) ,can  she send this?
    Also she has a letter from her psychologist assesment can she send that also?
    Also one from her Advanced nurse practitioner explaining how her illness affects her, can she send this also? Because it says don't send a supporting letter from GP but doesn't say dont from the people iv mentioned above. Thankyou. 
  • poppy123456
    If they state how her conditions affect her then yes send them. Although the best evidence you can ever send is your ancedtotal evidence. A couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.
  • pee14
    edited November 2020
    @poppy123456 Great ,so me has her carer can send  that then ,am I right ? 
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    So this letter other week stating extended for another year basically doesn't mean anything?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.