Would you like to go to a spa? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you like to go to a spa?

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Tori_Scope
                                That sounds awesome, please may I ask what games do you like to play on Xbox. I mainly play FIFA on PlayStation, I think we spoke about Gareth Ainsworth on it before :) but I also enjoy Call of Duty. Going for walks sounds fun and is a great form of exercise, and as you say depending it can either be on your own or with others. I hope you enjoy your Xbox if you do decide to buy one :)  
    And not that I take sides, both are good consoles, but I'm with you @Ross_Scope :) Thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Indeed we did @WestHam06. I used to play FIFA and Virtua Tennis mainly, plus a smattering of others like Bully, LA Noir, and Fable, and other ones I used to play when I was younger, such as a Shrek game we had, and Simpsons Hit and Run. I never got into First Person Shooters really. I'm still mulling the decision over!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • WestHam06
    What a blast from the past, Simpsons Hit and Run, I always used to play that when I was younger. Thank you so much for reminding me :) Please may I ask who was you're favourite character in the Simpsons? Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Simpsons Hit and Run, wow thanks for bringing that up @Tori_Scope, I used to love that game. I long for the day when EA finally remaster it because I'd love to play it again.

Thanks for siding with me @WestHam06, nice to have you on team PlayStation! But a Switch is a good option too Tori, my partner has one and the flexibility of being able to play it on the TV and handheld is super.

For anyone who may not know, we do have a video games thread in the coffee lounge, if you ever wanna chat about more game related stuff in the future :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    A really great game @Ross_Scope @WestHam06! It was the first XBox game we ever owned. I'd love to play it again. Hmm, my favourite character on The Simsons... that's too hard! Maybe Principal Skinner? Homer has to be my favourite out of the family though. Who's yours? 

Yeah it seems like a great option. I'm just hesitant to commit to any one option!

• Ross_Alumni
    Principal Skinner is a good shout, I'm not sure who I'd pick... Dr nick is always funny :) But from the family yeah Homer is my favourite too. 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I'll probably get crucified in the comments for this but I fancy Marge! *shudders!*

As for Simpsons Hit and Run, I had it on the original Xbox, it was basically GTA reskinned as a Simpsons game.

• Tori_Scope
    :o@MrAllen1976

Haha yes, in a way. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    A massage and having my nails done are both 2 of my worst nightmares! One of my conditions is fibromyalgia and a massage for me is absolut torture. I remember some years ago i went to Turkey for 2 weeks and decided to have a massage....biggest mistake ever on my part because i was gritting my teeth the whole way through it and spent the next several days in extreme pain.

Nails... no thanks. I have a phobia of anyone touching my nails and it makes me cringe. Even scratching my daughters back, makes me feel the same way -shivers-

I prefer a hot bath in my own house, with bubble bath from lush, or a bath bomb.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I can't bare a trip to the hair dressers. My local carers center has sessions of manicures, pedicures and massage etc that are very popular...but my idea of torture...and the though of having to do so much small talk at each session would send me over the edge! Lol
  • Tori_Scope
    I can imagine that must have been unpleasant @poppy123456. It's definitely not for everyone. 

I've actually never had my nails done, but I don't think I'd enjoy it either. I don't think I've ever heard of someone having a nail phobia before though! 

• encaser
    encaser Community member Posts: 400 Pioneering
    Nope. Hugs etc. are fine but I grow increasingly irritated if a person keeps pawing at me too long.
    I'd rather give a massage than receive one.
  • Tori_Scope
    The small talk is the worst bit @cress! My Mum (who's really not a hairdresser...) cut my hair growing up, so I didn't know what it was like until I went to university. I always go for a dry cut so I'm in and out as quickly as possible, which is also a lot cheaper :D 

• WestHam06
    Always will be on team PlayStation @Ross_Scope, no transfer fee would make me swap :) Thank you for the mention of the gaming thread, I haven't seen this so shall endeavour to check it out :) 
    Favourite family character ... um probably Maggie. We once had a Book day at school where you dressed up as a character, I went as Maggie and my brother went as Bart, good fun :) Thank you  
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
    Hello Tori_Scope

I would love to go to the spa very much because I have seen it in movies and TV shows growing up. I once went to a spa in Tuscany, Italy when I was a kid with my family. 

When I get pampered I love; 

1. Getting a facial treatment
    2. Having my eyebrows threaded/ waxed
    3. Having a manicure and pedicure
    4.  Lounging in my bed watching my favourite entertainment TV shows while in favourite PJ'S and my best dressing gown with matching slippers while eating a small bowl of grapes or my favourite snacks. 
    5. Listening to relaxing music
    6. Have a relaxing bubble bath

In spa days, the people loved getting pampered in case they had  very stressful days, they go to the spa, take massages, relax in mud baths, have a facial masks with cucumber slices over their eyes, go to a jacuzzis, hot tubs or to go to a sauna. 

How often do you visit a spa? How often do you like getting pampered? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thanks for sharing @chloeknight16071992, I've never been to a spa myself but I'd certainly like to one day.

• chloeblue04
  • Durhamjaide
    Durhamjaide Scope Member Posts: 428 Courageous
    Yes definitely 
  • chloeblue04
    I'd love to go to a spa very much because I really needed some relaxing. I have been in lockdown being cooped up in my home and I love to go to a spa for just a weekend in 3 days.
  • Tori_Scope
    Ooh lovely @Teddybear12 :) Enjoy it when it comes around!

Brightness