Could someone help me not sure what I should do. I get ESA every two weeks and low rate PiP every month. Last week I got a letter from DWP saying that they where reducing my money because I took money out of a private pension. The amount I took out after tax was appropriate £18k. The money was in my account for about three weeks. The money was used to pay the arrears on my mortgage, before repossession and my grandchildren’s school fees. My total savings in my bank is £1800.00 one thousand eight hundred pounds. I also got a letter from the Rates office saying I now have to pay rates and a bill for £ 940.00 was enclosed. I hope someone can gave me some information and help with the above.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.