This Blogging Life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This Blogging Life

Lucy411
Lucy411 Scope Member Posts: 74 Courageous
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
 Hi All,

I started a blog, inclusivelivingconcepts last year as I have lots of things I want to say and I believe that I can help people with my experiences and also learn from others. I don't understand about SEO and google rankings etc, apart from that ranking as number 1 in google would be amazing :wink: Don't worry I haven't got a big head. I just thought it would be nice to create a thread where everyone who is blogging/interested in blogging could help each other. If you're interested in my blog or have any questions feel free. If you get in touch, I can follow you back. :D 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Great idea @Lucy411 :) I'm still trying to understand SEO 2 years on  :D
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lucy411
    Ami2301 said:
    Great idea @Lucy411 :) I'm still trying to understand SEO 2 years on  :D

Thanks, @Ami2301 I'll follow you back. Do you know anywhere I can learn SEO and is there other 'stuff?' I used to think it was just writing. :smile: Not replying in the other thread as conscious I may have inadvertently taken it off-topic. o:)
  • Ami2301
    Thank you @Lucy411 :) All things blogging related, I have learned a lot from Ashley (Mental Health @ Home). Even though she mainly blogs about mental health, blogging is discussed once a week and she explains things simply enough for even me to understand (and I'm hopeless with the technical side of blogging)!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    htttp://xboxmanblog.wordpress.com is mine, feel free to follow and comment.

• Lucy411
    Ami2301 said:
    Thank you @Lucy411 :) All things blogging related, I have learned a lot from Ashley (Mental Health @ Home). Even though she mainly blogs about mental health, blogging is discussed once a week and she explains things simply enough for even me to understand (and I'm hopeless with the technical side of blogging)!

Seems like I have a lot of reading to do. :smiley:
  • Lucy411
    edited November 2020

Will do but never going to catch up as you post every day :D Hope you're enjoying it. ...Your link has too many t's in it.
  • hdeakin
    hdeakin Scope Member Posts: 126 Pioneering
    I found you all in this new thread ? I will sort out following you on your blog @Lucy411 and @Ami2301 I am shocked I don't yet follow you, I know I see them and read them from twitter and Facebook but I will put this right! 
  • Lucy411
    hdeakin said:
    I found you all in this new thread ? I will sort out following you on your blog @Lucy411 and @Ami2301 I am shocked I don't yet follow you, I know I see them and read them from twitter and Facebook but I will put this right! 
    Nice to know you’re reading. I love it when an idea works out ?
  • Ami2301
    This is why I love the blogging community, everyone is so supportive :) 
  • Lucy411
    Does anyone know how I delete my free WordPress website and substitute it for the paid one above? WordPress wants to charge me money to redirect. I've followed everyone in this thread but the ones who have follow through WordPress will see the free website that is not updated.  :s
  • Ami2301
    Lucy411 said:
    Does anyone know how I delete my free WordPress website and substitute it for the paid one above? WordPress wants to charge me money to redirect. I've followed everyone in this thread but the ones who have follow through WordPress will see the free website that is not updated.  :s
    @Lucy411 hopefully someone else can help :) I found another blog that would be of use with regards to all things blog-related, V from #MillennialLifeCrisis. She is one of the best I'd say :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    This is why I love the blogging community, everyone is so supportive :) 
    This is really interesting to hear. I have never looked at many blogs before but maybe it would be worth me looking at a few.

In my experience most of the internet is rude and hostile! But, I may well have just been looking in the wrong places! Obviously the Scope website is an exception but most sites I have been on like the YouTube comments section, review sections on shop websites, online video games and their communities, car forums, etc. are all unfriendly places with people being unsupportive or sarcastic! I have come across a few nice sites but the majority have been poor.

I always assumed blogs would be the same but maybe I am wrong and should take a look at some. :smile:
  • Ami2301
    There are thousands of blogs, possibly millions. So plenty to choose from :) is there any topics you'd be interested in reading about @66Mustang? :)
  • 66Mustang
    Anything really, I just like when someone is passionate about their subject. I do particularly like watches and cars though. Also food. :yum: I think I may have seen a few watch blogs before but not sure if they were actually blogs or just websites - what defines a blog?
  • Lucy411
    Ami2301 said:
    Lucy411 said:
    @Lucy411 hopefully someone else can help :) I found another blog that would be of use with regards to all things blog-related, V from #MillennialLifeCrisis. She is one of the best I'd say :)
    I’ll check it out. Thanks 
  • Lucy411
    @66Mustang I know what you mean but we’re a friendly lot. I’m disability but if you go on the Motability website and or their Facebook page I bet that community can point towards car blogs. A blog is a website but called a blog because someone is writing about something, usually within a specific theme or topic. 
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks @Lucy411 that makes sense about blogs, I will check out the Motability website. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Lucy411 said:

Will do but never going to catch up as you post every day :D Hope you're enjoying it. ...Your link has too many t's in it.
    Check the archives on my Blog for past posts, some are all nice, cheerful and happy, some are like an extended episode of Eastenders, a bit depressing lol.

• Ami2301
    @66Mustang although a simple question, 'what defines a blog?' has been on my mind since you posed the question. Just my mind overthinking and all...  :D 

I think 'a blog' can have a different meaning for everyone. My first ever opinion of them was that they are very similar to diary entries (but written for anyone to read). Since having my own blog, I now separate blogs from websites.

For example, let's say Scope's website. I see it as an informative place to find resources. A blog can also be informative but from a more personal approach... if that makes sense? :)
  • 66Mustang
    @Ami2301

That makes perfect sense about the difference between a blog and a website to me, thank you for the explanation :smiley:

Brightness