Hi, my name is SouthernBelle! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SouthernBelle!

SouthernBelle
SouthernBelle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi everyone, i fee a bit of a fraud being here but im pretty disabled atm and im a year into a long recovery from an accident and have more battles to fight for my health. Its lonely here at home and people dont really understand what im going through, so hoping to find some inspiration and understanding here. Look forward to chatting with some of you,

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SouthernBelle and welcome.  There's no need to feel like a fraud, our members come from a variety of backgrounds with lots of different impairments to varying degrees amongst us.  You very much belong here :)

It sounds like you have had a rough time this past year.  Combined with the pandemic and lockdown, things can become very isolated can't they?  I'm glad you found us though and we will do our utmost to support you.

Have you had time to read through our recent discussions?  This will give you a flavour of the hot topics right now.  While you can find more issue specific chat by browsing our chat categories.

How are you feeling today?  I hope Wednesday treats you well and we get to speak again soon.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • SouthernBelle
    SouthernBelle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Thanks i will take a look, im better than most days up showered and did some exercise all before lunch. yes been a tough year, my dog hit me full pelt while i was out walking with 2 of them, they run quite fast maybe 40mph, result broken knee and also leg in 3 places, im now waiting for the metalwork to come out the 3 months to heal and a new knee. I cant walk far maybe a bout 10 minutes on a good day, i had to leave my job too. Im a super positive very busy person but recently that all seems to have disappeared.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about your accident and the upcoming recovery 

There are lots of us here dealing with the changes disability brings and the loneliness 

That's why we are here to help and support members to get through 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SouthernBelle - & welcome to this great community from me also. I'm sorry to read about your unfortunate accident, & hope things improve once you've had your knee replacement. Do you know when that's likely to be?
    Perhaps you would like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' & get to 'meet' some of our other members. There's a link to this at the top of this page. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community from me too @SouthernBelle :) How are you getting on today?

I can imagine that it's be very difficult to experience something that has turned your life on its head a bit, especially during these challenging times. Do you have any hobbies to keep yourself busy? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness