Why did they give it to me in the first place? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why did they give it to me in the first place?

Comments

• parko
    parko Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    when i rang  my solicitor he says he  wont looking into it till there say what there going to do
  • parko
    Hi  there asked me the jobs i have done and i have given it to them. not sure what and where to go aqbout my welfare rights 
  • parko
    parko said:
    Hi  there asked me the jobs i have done and i have given it to them. not sure what and where to go aqbout my welfare rights 
    the solicitor has said which i have only emailed him he wont take it on till we know what there are going to do 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    parko said:

Start here https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • parko
    thanks Username_removed  this is just not bothering me. Its my wife  she has had 2 breakdowns over the years am trying to keep this from her but she asks me things about it and some times i dont know the answers
  • parko
    Thanks all for your help no news on this . But my Dear father has just died so my worrys about this goes away for a time
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss @parko. We're always here if you need to vent or share how you're feeling.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • parko
    thanks not sure  at the moment
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's okay @parko, there's no pressure to share anything. Just know that we're here if you need us :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • wpshark
    wpshark Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Carers allowance is a joke! Since I went onto Pension Credit I only get £8.53 CA per week, My caring duties have not changed at all, in fact they have increased. On top of that, the COuncil now expect me to pay in £42/week for any care my wife receives. They DO take into account her Daily Living All part of PIP.....even though it is NOT a means tested benefit,
  • poppy123456
    wpshark said:
    Carers allowance is a joke! Since I went onto Pension Credit I only get £8.53 CA per week, My caring duties have not changed at all, in fact they have increased. On top of that, the COuncil now expect me to pay in £42/week for any care my wife receives. They DO take into account her Daily Living All part of PIP.....even though it is NOT a means tested benefit,

Hi,

When claiming your state pension you can't claim the carers allowance at the same time because they are classed as overlapping benefits. It means you get an under lying entitlement to it, this could mean that you could become entitled to a benefit for the first time, like for example the pension credit. Although you are only receiving £8.53 per week, if it wasn't for the under lying entitlement to carers allowance then it's likely you wouldn't be entitled to any pension credit. Make sure that they are adding the carers premium to your pension credit.

Although PIP isn't means tested, this means that other income, savings/capital doesn't affect the amount you're entitled to. When your local council assess you financially they take into consideration the daily living part of PIP. This is the same for all local councils. Non means tested doesn't mean they ignore PIP when they assess you financially.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wpshark
    wpshark Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Thanks for repeating exactly what I know. It does not make it right or better.

• poppy123456
    wpshark said:
    Thanks for repeating exactly what I know. It does not make it right or better.

No worries. I never said it did. I don't make the rules, i just advise people.
  • parko
    Hi no news yet phoned them today the lady was nice. i asked if there was any news there said it had gone to a team to make a decision she was going to contacted them. my wife is getting a bit down about this
  • parko
    Hi i got a letter today. it says we have looked again at the facts and evidence we used to make our decision. As a result we have changed the decision. You are not entitled from 09/11/2009 to 5/5/2013 this is because your earnings were over the cares allowance limit for this period it also means we can not give you class 1 nat/insurance credits
    You are not entitled from 14/04 /2014 this is because your earnings are over limit 
    you can appeal this is called mandatory reconsideration so will there get in touch with me again about the overpayment
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @parko, will you be going down the manditory reconsideration route?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • parko
    am not to sure what that means can you help me 

• poppy123456
    If you've continued to paid the carers allowance since 2009 then there would be an overpayment. If the letter doesn't say anything about an overpayment then you'll need to ring them.
  • parko
    why just up to 2014
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea, sorry. You will need to ask them that question.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.