A friend too talk too — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A friend too talk too

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Hi everyone I have decided too stay on the forum as have made lots of kind nice caring friends ? listen if anyone of you needs advice or support with anything or if yous need anyone too talk too I'm here for each and everyone of yous give me a shout X

Comments

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Ibelive2020,

That’s really great news and we are here to help each other.

It’s great to hear that you have made some friends on here. 

I have had so much support from people on here.

Thank you for supporting other members of the community?

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great you would have been missed 
  • Ibelive2020
    Thank you @RAwarrior and thanks janer1967  means alot 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    It's nice to know you will be staying. I would have missed you as well.

I stopped reading the threads where people were arguing as I don't really enjoy it but I am hoping everyone is friends again now. :)

There are lots of different characters on this forum and it takes all sorts of characters to make an interesting community. If we were all the same it would be boring. Naturally though, this means people will have their differences, but as long as we keep it civil that's all that matters. :)
  • Ibelive2020
    @66Mustang Thanks I know ppl are all diff it would be boring if we were all the same lol I know imbit on the crazy side but hey ho its life ???
  • RAwarrior
    Hi @Ibelive2020,

I am glad that you have decided to stay on the forum.

I agree with @66Mustang

I think that this forum is here for people to help and support each other. I have had issues with people posting things which I think do not belong here including incorrect information about Covid 19 which has encouraged people to ignore the rules. In those cases I have commented because I don't want other members of the community to be influenced by potentially harmful information.

Covid 19 is also a very big worry for me because I am in the Shielding group. 

I have had some interesting discussions with many people on here. I have been able to give my opinion without being judged. I have been able to share things from my perspective as I understand that what has an impact on me on me might not bother someone else. 

I have had a lot of advice and support from members of the online community and I have also tried to help people in relation to Rheumatoid Arthrtis as along with several other members of the community, I know quite a lot about it.

I have also learnt a lot about other disabilities and lots of members have shared information which can help others. :)
  • Ibelive2020
    @RAwarrior I suffer with arthritis 2 also with PTSD and anxiety and depression I suffer with insomnia and anemia I also have a problem with my blood I dont have a stomach lining I'm ringing the docs tomorrow because I need a ct scan because of various problems I have 3 children with complex needs and also another 3 children I do love this forum very much and all the people on it are so friendly it's nice too be involved in such a friendly community 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased you're staying @Ibelive2020 - as mentioned above, supporting each other is what this community is about, & why it's here, as well as to give advice, such as with different benefits, etc.
    Your post means a lot, as it shows that you are willing to support others too, thank you. Just chatting helps us all, especially during this pandemic. I've said quite a few times, that I feel this community has grown stronger this past year, & I have personally enjoyed getting to know some of the lovely people here just a little better. :)
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,278 Pioneering
    Hi there I’m glad your staying this forum has really helped me also 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 great news that you are staying !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ibelive2020
    @chiarieds thank you and also thanks to you @cupcake88
  • RAwarrior
    Hi @Ibelive2020,

I don't know which type of arthrtis you have but I started a Rheumatoid Arthrtis thread and myself and several over members of the community have posted a lot of useful information. @chiarieds who has already replied to you knows a lot about Arthrtis.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi am glad you are staying i havent any idea what happend i didn't see any of the comments I felt the same as you this this morning but I am ok now I love being on here  
  • Ibelive2020
    @RAwarrior I also have Rheumatoid arthritis @lisathomas50 pleased you are ok
  • Lisatho11987777
    I have arthritis caused by my lupus but I have learnt to deal with the pain by having pain management and have learnt different ways to cope 
  • Ibelive2020
    @lisathomas50 I haven't learnt to live with the pain doc has not offered me nothing at all he says it's worse in my hands as my fingers are slightly curling now 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I was tskeing pain killers but because of my lupus the pain killers were affecting my liver  do my doctor stopped my pain killers slowly then I was referred  for pain management a six week course  and thats how I managed my pain which helped me alot you could adk your dr 

With my hands I put them in a bowl of warm water and try and move my hands in the warm water 

I can still get in a bath so I normaly get bath bombs  and have a nice dosk  I also use hot water bottles in covers and I either lean back in my chair with the water bootle behind me where ever the pain is 

I also stand in the shower with the water as hot as I can take it to take the pain out of my shoulders 

Sometimes pain is caused by  the muscles and bones getting  stiff so light exercise helps me with that 
  • Ibelive2020
    @lisathomas I might try what you do see if that helps altho months ago my doc gave me liquid morphine it was strong then he gave me codeine but I was getting stomach cramps off it I will mention it again too doc today as I need too see him bout couple things mainly my lungs and chest etc 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I had to come off pain killers because it was damaging my liver and causing pain because I was addicted  it doesn't work for  everyone doing the pain management but people who I know its worked for  them and has worked for me its realy about different ways to  manage pain drug free  
  • Lisatho11987777
    As you say talk to your doctor and see what  your doctor thinks  I expect its not for everyone as there are different levels of pain  I am lucky I have a understanding dr  

Brightness