untruth in your assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

untruth in your assessment report

Bagpuss56
Bagpuss56 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
sorry to say that i have received what is for me disturbing advice that lies told by HCP assessors, are just part of the process and that they have no impact on the outcome of your award. 
does anybody else here feel that the assessors have lied or bent the truth, and did it impact your award, i would be interested to know just how many people found untruths on the written reports against what was said during assessment.
and before i get jumped on again that its not about the assessment but you and the descriptors, why have a hcp do an assessment then if its all about your evidence

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    I'm sorry but i'm finding your comments rather disturbing. I've given you advice to the best of my ability and i really don't appreciate these comments. Please be mindful of your comments. We are a friendly community and would like to keep it that way.

If you also have another read of the advice i gave in your other thread, no where in there did i say anything about "lies" being ok.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bagpuss56
    i am sorry but are you an administrator, if not then others may find my post interesting, just because you may dislike it does not give you the right to  try to censor what i am saying, i am sorry but some of your advice i find a little nieve, that is just my own personal opinion and i find it highly offensive that you a warning me about my comments and trying to censor me, if this continues i shall verbally speak to someone at scope about infringing my right to an opinion even if it conflicts with yours
  • poppy123456
    I will kindly ask you again to please be mindful of your comments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bagpuss56
    i have said nothing offensive or wrong to you or anybody else, i would ask that you stop trying to censor me, i have already made a complaint to scope, and  again ask by what right do you have to tell me to stop commenting when nothing but a difference of opinion has occurred
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Bagpuss56 said:
    i am sorry but are you an administrator, if not then others may find my post interesting, just because you may dislike it does not give you the right to  try to censor what i am saying, i am sorry but some of your advice i find a little nieve, that is just my own personal opinion and i find it highly offensive that you a warning me about my comments and trying to censor me, if this continues i shall verbally speak to someone at scope about infringing my right to an opinion even if it conflicts with yours
    You are being very very unfair and personal attacks are not allowed on this forum, for your information @poppy123456 is without a shadow of a doubt the most knowledgeable benefits advisor on this forum and gives a lot of her time freely to help many many people.
    You should apologise.
    For what its worth I have had HCP professionals assess me for both ESA and PIP and found both reports to be fair and balanced and a true reflection of the assessment.
    @Bagpuss56 I would suggest you take a deep breath count to 10 and think about what you say.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bagpuss56
    and that makes all assessments fair then does it, how dare you suggest i apologise, i suggested that lies told on a report by a hcp have a massive effect on the outcome of an award  poppy123456 disagreed, what do i have to apologise about, and i would suggest you go and read all of the exchanges between us before you cast any aspersions, and i find your suggestion that i take a deep breath and count to ten more offensive than anything that i have said, and shall be bringing that up with someone at scope also
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2021
    Your comments are personal attacks against me which is against scope rules so i'll yet again ask you kindly to please stop with the personal attacks. I haven't said or done anything to you to deserve any of these personal attacks. I also haven't condoned any HCP for any lies that they may happen to tell.
  • Bagpuss56
    since when is a difference of opinion a personal attack, how dare you suggest that, i am not impugning poppy123456 ability in any way other than it is my own PERSONAL opinion that she is not seeing the real impact that any incorrect statements on an assessment have on the award, what's wrong with that. that is not a personal attack but a difference of opinion, i am not trying to censor her and what she is saying even though i disagree with it, so why should i stand for her trying to censor me
  • poppy123456
    You accused me of condoning what the HCP said in the report. Then if that wasn't enough you started a new thread and continued with the attacks. Please stop the attacks.
  • Bagpuss56
    poppy123456 i have not said that you have, go and check, and please call off the attack dogs who have started on me, as i have said explain in what way i have personally attacked you, rather than had a difference of opinion, and woodbines suggestion that i take a breath and count to ten is not offensive to me and a personal attack then, my god the double standards, i have asked someone from scope to telephone me and read all of our exchanges, and tell me where in them i make a personal attack on you. unlike the offensive remark made by woodbine
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @Bagpuss56 have just read your post with interest. Yes I agree with you. When I took my son for an assessment the report WAS full of lies. It was as if they were talking about someone else. He was honest in all the questions he answered and they were written down completely out of context. Yes it did effect the outcome of his award . An example was, “ can you drive” which he answered yes and the assessor wrote down that he drives regularly, he didn’t own a car therefore didn’t drive regularly, he wasn’t asked when did he last drive or she would have found out about the accident he had had previously. 
    A lot of the questions were closed questions with yes or  no answers but the assessor put her interpretations into it, putting in sentences that were not discussed ? So yes when I did the appeal I did put that they were many untruths in the assessment which as a mum upset me. 
    I am not saying all assessors are doing this but this did happen with my son.
    best thing is just write your honest account as to what happened . I do think that just assessing a person in the way they walk, move , act and talk is as important as the descriptors. When asking questions on day to day living it comes natural to answer honestly without thinking of descriptors that might fit the question if that makes sense? 
    Please don’t get upset, it’s a lovely site to get different people opinions, hope my bit has helped you x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Bagpuss56 I'm not getting involved in your personal comments 

There are lots of posts in here about assessment reports containing what is perceived as lies 

It is the assessors perception of the assessment not necessarily the way you perceive your ability against the descriptors which can often be different 

All I will add is if you have concerns report it to the assessment providers tho this doesn't really get you anywhere in relation to your award 

The whole process is a challenge for lots people but also not for others I have been awarded and reviewed with no issues it's all about the detail in your forms and evidence and of course a genuine condition that prevents you from being able to carry out daily tasks and mobility 

If you dont get an award then there is the appeal which often gives better outcome 
  • Bagpuss56
    thank you janer1967 you are probably right it would not get me anywhere, but as i have stated before, that still does not mean that incorrect statements made on a assessment do not have a direct impact on any award, they are used as the main source of guidance by the decision maker in my humble opinion, otherwise why are they done, and in my wife's case 5 previous award renewals had no problem at all including face to face until these untruths appeared this time, so for us personally it had a massive impact
  • woodbine
    edited January 2021
    @Bagpuss56 feel free to complain to whom you want, but you might be in danger of driving away the people who give decent advice on benefits, are you prepared to replace someone who gives a lot of their own time to help others on a daily basis? The truth of the matter is simple, HCP's make an assessment based on what they are told and what they see using a set of pre-defined computer generated questions, they have little scope to do otherwise, the fact that a claimant doesn't agree with an assessment doesn't make it lies.

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @Bagpuss56 hi bagpuss . I’m sorry your pip assessment didn’t go the way you wanted it you may feel that you should of scored a certain amount but if your illness doesn’t affect you in a away that falls under the discriptors then you will not recieve pip. 
    I personally found my assessment to be very hard my partner supported me on the phone . My assessor was really nice I have had no problem with the dwp or with my assessor .
    i also want to add that @poppy123456 is on here like every one else she shares her knowledge with us and helped so many people on this forum especially my self poppy has really helped me her knowledge on this subject is the best in my opinion Poppy’s knowledge and other peoples knowledge has really helped me on this site I don’t want you to feel I’m taking sides but I just want to remind you that every one on here gives the best advice on here some times we may feel we should of scored more with pip and poppy and others has helped advise people what steps they take next . 

I have had the best advice and support off this forum more than what citizens advice could provide my personal opinion I personally would trust Poppy’s advice and there’s no need to personally get upset with people if you don’t like there advise we are all trying to help . 
    I  only get pip I personally do find it unfair that because my partner works Full time and has a good income it means I’m not entitled to any thing part from pip I do think that’s unfair but I have accepted that’s just the way it is . 

I’m very thankful to every one on this forum . I suffer with really bad mental illness every one has been patient with me and given excellent support and advise And poppy is one of those people . 

I’m sorry your not happy with the way pip works .  Maybe write to your local mp . 
  • Bagpuss56
    not berating just disagreeing, in democratic civilisation that's allowed is it not, uncensored so any opinion of me, and what you will and won't stand for is of no meaning to me i will have my opinion even if you do not like it, i have had others reply which was the whole point of my post 1 in total agreement, so are they to be told to shut up too by you, does there experience of untruth in a report count for nothing in your eyes because you dislike me and i disagreed with your friend, so tell them that and not me, tell anybody who wants to respond to what i have said that they must hold there breath count to ten and think about what they are going to say I DARE YOU
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    Bagpuss your being very silly now and the tone of your posts are angry . We are all giving our opinion we have all been nice and your just being a (Removed by moderator, profanity)now . Stop getting agresive with people . We have tried to help and advise . 
  • woodbine
    @Bagpuss56 you just cant't help yourself can you ? This is my final say on this thread that has become farcical, like others I am sorry you didn't get the decision you expected but it's not our fault, no one on here is to blame.
    I would seriously suggest that we all walk away from this now, its going round in circles.

• Bagpuss56
    edited January 2021
    so calling me a (Removed by moderator, profanity)is not offensive then, and i am being silly, have you read woodbines comments too me, and you are wrong i do know how the system works and the previous five award renewals were no problem and fine, until untruths were written in the last report, blatant provable lies, evidence of which has already been sent to dwp, to disagree is not being offensive, to be told to shut up if you disagree and to be called an (Removed by moderator, profanity)IS aggressive and offensive however. sorry cupcake88 but all this started because i told poppy123456 that i thought she was being nieve to think that assessors lies do not have an impact, if that's aggressive and offensive as being called an (Removed by moderator, profanity)by you, and I have to apologise
  • Bagpuss56
    edited January 2021
    right then please listen, you think that i am being aggressive, and that i should apologise, yet think it perfectly ok to call me a (Removed by moderator, profanity) and YOU feel that no apology is needed, the words witch hunt are growing sharper by the minute.
    you say you have a friendly site (Removed by moderator, profanity) does not seem to support that, i had an opinion that someone did not like, why should i be called an (Removed by moderator, profanity) for having a different opinion, i did not swear or become offensive in any way YOU HAVE
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.