This Blogging Life - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This Blogging Life

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Thank you mr Allen hope things are ok with you  today 
    Check your inbox I just PMd you a link to Wordpress :)

Not too bad, relieved that things in South Yorkshire are staying as they are, if we'd gone up to Tier 4 I'd have to stay with my Parents till further notice, which would upset social services as I'd have to cancel both care companies till further notice, but quite frankly I don't give 2 hoots about them and their funding.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you I got that message 
  • Lucy411
    Lucy411 Scope Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    It's a very weird start to the year that's for sure. I hope everyone managed to enjoy New Year's Eve and New Year even if a little differently. Happy New Year All. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Happy new year 
  • [Deleted User]
    I'm about to do tonight's entry on my Blog.

• Lisatho11987777
    Thsts cool I havent tried yet 
  • Lucy411
    I'm about to do tonight's entry on my Blog.

I read them :) I couldn't do the daily grind like you do, admire your dedication. 
  • Lucy411
    Thsts cool I havent tried yet 

@lisathomas50 give it a go, you could always set your blog settings to private if you don't want people reading your posts yet. It can be cathartic
  • Lucy411
    Given what I've just posted to lisathomas50 above, this may seem strange but I'm unsure whether to post about my current situation. I'm struggling and I think many are in the same situation but as I have no idea of the solution or what I actually want. I'm scared of bumming people out. One of my new PA's has resigned, change in family circumstances and the other is ill, meaning that I need to recruit completely from scratch. I hate this, I either have PTSD or just some symptoms, just begun therapy to hopefully improve/find out. I'm still battling Social Services who have out and out told me that without mental health evidence I would be expected to manage with four calls a day. Is this too heavy a subject till I reach some sort of a resolution? I'm scared of people's reaction and equally of no reaction at all but if I read or heard of someone going through a similar situation it would help me. All opinions welcome.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I had care for three years  I had carers to start with but I wasn't  keen because  it was different people  all the time 

I then had a pa who was only with me six months as she had a baby so had to choose  another pa  but this time a chose a male carer  he had to help me shower and dress and everything but he was absolutely  fab   had a good working relation ship  I didn't need care after three years but he stayed with me and it was great 

At the end of the day its personal choice you might like havring carers but if you are used to haveing a pa  hsvringvcates may not be for you I went on to be a carer and a pa  but  most people I worked for didn't mind either but liked haveing a familiar face walk through the  door everyday 

It is stressful going through it all  but itd your personal choice  couldnt you have someone  with you  when your choosing a pa  would thst help tske some of the stress away ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Could your doctor help eith medical evidence if you  wanted carers  are carers what you reslyvwsnt it is a hard decision to make becsuse its personal  and you need to know that things are going to go well I am here if you need to talk are you in england or wales ? 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2021
    Lucy411 said:
    Given what I've just posted to lisathomas50 above, this may seem strange but I'm unsure whether to post about my current situation. I'm struggling and I think many are in the same situation but as I have no idea of the solution or what I actually want. I'm scared of bumming people out. One of my new PA's has resigned, change in family circumstances and the other is ill, meaning that I need to recruit completely from scratch. I hate this, I either have PTSD or just some symptoms, just begun therapy to hopefully improve/find out. I'm still battling Social Services who have out and out told me that without mental health evidence I would be expected to manage with four calls a day. Is this too heavy a subject till I reach some sort of a resolution? I'm scared of people's reaction and equally of no reaction at all but if I read or heard of someone going through a similar situation it would help me. All opinions welcome.
    I know from painful experience that the Social Services are a bunch of Clowns! I've been battling them for just over 3 years because of my morning care company, some of their staff are hopeless, <moderator removed - offensive content>.

Don't get me wrong I am NOT a racist, I just hate talking to these people, and will be in touch with my social worker tomorrow if I get chance, when she's back from annual leave.

• Lisatho11987777
    Mr Allen you may say your not racist  but you just made a racist  comment 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    @MrAllen1976 I've edited your comment to remove the part that could be interpreted as offensive. I realise you didn't intend for your words to be prejudicial, however please bear in mind how language and phrases can be read and understood by others. 

As a reminder of what isn't allowed on the community, please read our online community guidelines.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    Mr Allen you may say your not racist  but you just made a racist  comment 
    Your equals you're. Grammar is your friend.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    If you can understand people then what difference does it make? Please be mindful of your comments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 I too often use your when I mean you're but I think it was clear what @lisathomas50
    meant in this instance. 

In the future please refrain from correcting others grammar, as this may inadvertently cause offense to those who for impairment-related reasons, struggle to spell or process language.  Thank you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lucy411
    I had care for three years  I had carers to start with but I wasn't  keen because  it was different people  all the time 

I then had a pa who was only with me six months as she had a baby so had to choose  another pa  but this time a chose a male carer  he had to help me shower and dress and everything but he was absolutely  fab   had a good working relation ship  I didn't need care after three years but he stayed with me and it was great 

At the end of the day its personal choice you might like havring carers but if you are used to haveing a pa  hsvringvcates may not be for you I went on to be a carer and a pa  but  most people I worked for didn't mind either but liked haveing a familiar face walk through the  door everyday 

It is stressful going through it all  but itd your personal choice  couldnt you have someone  with you  when your choosing a pa  would thst help tske some of the stress away ? 
    Thanks. Tried that and nobody is denying I have care needs just how much budget that equates to! GP can't really help other than to say there is a diagnosis which is accepted anyway but not everyone with CP needs my level of assistance. I already know I prefer PA's. Thanks for the offer of a listening ear.

@MrAllen1976, I understand where you're coming from. I always say I don't care about where people come from, beliefs etc but they need to speak fluent English and understand me.

Thanks for the replies so far but my question was about whether I should blog about it or not?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope thank you, yes indeed it was very clear.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I think its a good idea to blog about it because I think alot of people  have the same problem  with funding  I had funding for 40 hrs a week  which social services said I needed  but didn't need that much I  dropped my hours the 2nd year  and finished haveing care on the third year 

I live in Wales and found when my mum came to stay with me for three months the help they wanted to put in was incredible  but my brother is still fighting to get care for her in  wolverhampton  so is paying for private care  

I expect  you have already had an occupational  therapy assessment   to see how many hours of care you need  social services try and cut back on care  on one of the calls I had as a carer in the community I had 20mins to prepare dinner and fo personal care  thats why I did PA work in the end 

The only suggestion I have if you need  more hours is ask social services  for a review of your csre hours which you have a right to fo 

Blogging  about  it is a good idea though 

Brightness