Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021) - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021)

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Woodbine  I am sorry to say it seems to have been taken the wrong way then the person is very upset  so much do they dontvwantvto be on here 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Poppy you csn say whatever you like about me but I would rather brlibe my family considering two of them are teachers two are front line workers in hospitals and my other older children are key workers  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah yes of course, despite the link i posted as proof... oh dear oh dear!!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    You always want to be right poppy I did write alot but deleted  it we clash to much so I won't comment on anything  that you post you seem to like upsetting  people
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think anyone of us here would want @RAwarrior to leave this forum....he's a much respected & well-liked member. As ever, comments can be taken the wrong way with certainly no bad intent.
    May I also add that Poppy does provide relevant info & links, & her intent is to to help, not to upset anyone.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I  am not going  to comment  on poppy's post  but as for as rawarrior why do you assume its a he  i don't assume anything they are just usernames 

Two people have upset this person  I may have only been here a short time but I take the time to get to know people some people choose to private message me and that is fine  

I know a bit about this person and I can see why they were upset  all it takes is sorry  I understand and have empathy  for this person 

To many people  want to be right above how it makes a person  feel and thats ashame because concerning corona virus we are  all in the same boat  same as  this group  we are all in the same boat united we stand divided we fall

I have talked to this person  and I have tried to change their mind  and I hope they do stay we will fi d out later today if this person posts the photos they normaly post 

We have to think about other people's feelings woodbine said it wasn't meant to upset  but people have different ways at looking and reading things  and I said to woodbine I would of said no it was the sun thats me though I give as good as I get 

I have read the other person's comment thst also upset thst person  and I understand where this person is comeing  from 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Lets not be petty here. The 'him' is a figure of speech and nothing more. Unless i know for certain what gender the member is i'll mostly use 'him' and nothing at all is meant by it!

This is just another example of members taking things out of proportion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Afternoon all

hope you're all as well as you can be, despite the difficult start we've had to 2021.

Some of you may have noticed that the community team weren't online as often as usual over the Christmas and New Year period. We were working reduced hours during this time, but we're now back to covering our usual shifts. This means that at least one member of the team will be available from 8am to 8pm every weekday, and from 10am to 6pm every weekend. 

I'm sure many of you have felt, as we have, that there seems to have been an increase in conflict on the community recently. We understand that this is an incredibly challenging time for you all, and some of you might be feeling particularly unsettled or worried, but it's more important than ever that we all pull together to support each other. The vast majority of threads demonstrate your ability to offer support and advice to each other with great kindness and without judgement, and I think this is what we all need more of moving into 2021.

If you're struggling to cope with the new lockdown, or there's anything else that you're finding difficult, please feel free to reach out to the community team. You're welcome to email us on community@scope.org.uk, and we'll do our best to help. 

If you see a post or comment that you believe breaks our community guidelines, please report it using the 'flag' function so that a member of the community team can review it. We can then take action if necessary. You're never obligated to respond to something a user has said, so please feel free to step away from a thread if you don't feel as though a constructive conversation is being had.

I also wanted to briefly address the topic of incorrect information on the community. The community guidelines state that all members should:
    • Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Not present opinions as facts.
    • Share only trusted resources.
    We sometimes get requests to remove comments, or parts of comments, that contain inaccurate information or advice. Although we do remove incorrect information on occasion, we also believe there is sometimes merit to leaving these comments up. So long as the information is corrected by at least one of you, or a member of the community team, we think that those reading the thread in the future might find it helpful to see that a piece of information has been debunked. That being said, we do ask that all members do their best to check that the information they are giving is correct, avoid presenting opinion as fact, and provide evidence from a trusted resource where possible. 

Cher posted this on another discussion, but I just wanted to highlight the following section from the Things to keep in mind post: 
    Before you respond to a post, think:
    • Am I feeling preoccupied, anxious, inadequate, physically uncomfortable and tired? Am I making assumptions?
    • Do I feel a strong urge to be right rather than looking to offer advice, help find solutions, support and empathise with the other person?
    • Am I looking at the post from my point of view, rather than the other person’s?
    • Is it worth engaging and potentially making a bad situation worse? Should I step away and perhaps report the post?
    We'll be dealing with individual situations as soon as we can. In the meantime, please refresh yourself on the rules outlined in our community guidelines
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi every one I’m not coping with this news at all . This again is going to set back health care for a lot of people it’s like covid has taken over and nothing else exists . I’m so paranoid that at some point there going to make it that every one has the vaccine which I hope not I personally will not be having the vaccine mainly because I’m on so much medication this is a new vaccine and no one knows what medication will react to it it’s a new thing . Personally the last lock Down back in March I nearly ended up sectioned I was under the home based treatment had round the clock visits to my home my mental health was so bad.

as you all know I can’t wear a mask I don’t go any where any way but if I do I always wear my lanyard but I feel like I have to always explain to why I don’t wear one . 

I know every one really has had there lives affected because of covid but the last lock down really set me over the edge mentally . I have been so panicked today I’m scared I’ll get sick again really bad that scares me more than getting covid if I’m honest the thought of loosing my mind again is scary . 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi every one I’m not coping with this news at all . This again is going to set back health care for a lot of people it’s like covid has taken over and nothing else exists . I’m so paranoid that at some point there going to make it that every one has the vaccine which I hope not I personally will not be having the vaccine mainly because I’m on so much medication this is a new vaccine and no one knows what medication will react to it it’s a new thing . Personally the last lock Down back in March I nearly ended up sectioned I was under the home based treatment had round the clock visits to my home my mental health was so bad.

as you all know I can’t wear a mask I don’t go any where any way but if I do I always wear my lanyard but I feel like I have to always explain to why I don’t wear one . 

I know every one really has had there lives affected because of covid but the last lock down really set me over the edge mentally . I have been so panicked today I’m scared I’ll get sick again really bad that scares me more than getting covid if I’m honest the thought of loosing my mind again is scary . 
    I have the green Lanyard which signifys I have a problem, waste of time IMO, for one thing until I brought it up with the local Labour MP, the local Plod aren't trained to recognise it, I found this out the day I got stuck in the middle of Town when Wednesday were at Home around last May playing Millwall FC, the Millwall fans were all on the Hillsborough bound Tram and causing havoc, I didn't feel safe so I removed myself from the Tram at the bottom of West St, this problem was further compounded by the fact my carer didn't see me get off a full Tram, and also my mobile died so I couldn't phone Home for Dad to come and get me! I went up to a local Policeman and explained my problem, and like I said he was no help!

By this point I was rather upset and panicking and in fear of my safety in Town with rowdy football fans.

However, because I don't follow football in general, I didn't know the Owls were at Home that day, had I known I'd have stopped in.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 hope you are ok? I take 19 different meds every day but if they knocked on my door offering me the vaccine right now i would just roll up my sleeve and get on with it.
    The vaccine is the only option we have to get out of this bloody mess and I would urge everybody to have it when its offered.
    Im no science expert but I do know that the CV19 vaccine works in a different way to other vaccines and that so far no other meds are contra indicated.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    This is the thing @MrAllen1976 no one even knows what the lanyard means  they prod do now tho as more people have them now . This virus has changed things . 

@woodbine
    im not doing too good at the moment . Yes I do understand that but to me I panicked about every thing the door bell goes it scares me the weather is bad it scares me to death , so any thing like a vaccine will have me over thinking loads I think once I have heard of people I know getting it and sharing there experiences with it it will make me feel better bout it . 
  • woodbine
    @cupcake88 I think over half a million people (many of them elderly) have had the vaccine with no contra indictions reported so far.

• cupcake88
    That’s really good I’m glad 
  • cupcake88
    How is this lock down supposed to be for 
  • woodbine
    cupcake88 said:
    How is this lock down supposed to be for 
    from what Boris said last night it will be until school half term which is usually 3rd week in Feb when all things being equal we will go back to a regional tier system, so about 5-6 weeks.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @cupcake88

We've just dropped you an email from community@scope.org.uk. 

I'm sorry to read that you are really worried about the new lockdown. I believe it's due to last until the middle of February, or until cases come under control. 

I understand your concern about getting the vaccine, hopefully as you say once people you know have safely received it that might ease your worries. Just to offer my experience in that regard, my 80 year old nana recently had the vaccine and she takes a lot of medication daily, and she said it went completely fine for her and there were no adverse reactions. I appreciate that's just one example, but I believe that getting the vaccine will go down without a hitch for most people.

I hope that you are able to keep your loved ones close over the coming weeks, and please remember that the community is always here for you. Alternatively, if you have concerns about your mental health or any of your treatments, you could raise these with your GP. You could also:
    • contact Samaritans on 116 123
    • text Shout to 85258 to be put through to a trained volunteer
    Kindest regards
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    deleted as misread question
  • cupcake88
    @Ross_Scope thank you I just saw that thank you for sharing your experiences of it I’m glad your Nanna is ok . My partner looks after me so I’m really lucky and my dog of course and of course I have the forum for support thank you for your kind words thank you to you @woodbine also . 

@Cressida hi there I do not work so I’ll be in . Thank you for your message you stay safe as well 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I have been told I cant have the vacine because of my fragmin injections 

Brightness