Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021)

Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,001 Pioneering
edited January 11 in Coffee lounge

Any new measures would tackle the rise in cases, "protect the NHS and save lives", Downing Street said.

It comes as Scotland announced a legal requirement to stay at home from midnight, with schools to be closed.

The House of Commons will also be recalled, allowing MPs to vote on any new measures on Wednesday.

Mr Johnson will set out plans for England as the UK's devolved nations have the power to set their own coronavirus regulations.

Alongside Scotland, both Wales and Northern Ireland have also implemented national restrictions.

The PM earlier said there was "no question" the government would announce stricter measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Tagged:

Replies

• MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 1,173 Pioneering
    If they put South Yorkshire in Tier 4 BoJo the Clown can sod right off.

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,994 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope Boris implements the same as Scotland. 
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    No, no and did I mention, no?! No Tier 4 down here in South Yorkshire, for the love of all that is Holy, PLEASE!

• CressidaCressida Member Posts: 529 Pioneering
    I believe it will be a strict lockdown. Now needed due to those fools who are still saying covid does not exist and have been ignoring all the rules.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    I hope Boris implements the same as Scotland. 

Scotland have already announced their lockdown and all schools are to remain closed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55531069

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,154 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 4
    No, no and did I mention, no?! No Tier 4 down here in South Yorkshire, for the love of all that is Holy, PLEASE!

I wouldn't hold out any hopes of that. I can see a full lockdown from midnight tonight for the whole of England.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    He needs to do the right thing, once and for all.
    Community Champion
    Ami2301 said:
    Yeah, resign!

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,134 Disability Gamechanger
    The only thing that will work now in the short and medium term is a total lockdown across England not much point in anything else with Scotland and Wales going ahead.
    Any changes won't come into force until midnight on Wednesday as he has re-called parliament so they I assume can have a vote on new measures.
    The big problem is that the NHS is almost at breaking point and we are about to see an upsurge in new cases following the relaxation of the rules at Christmas and we have to assume that too many people did their own thing at new year as well.

We live 3 miles from the republic of south yorkshire and we are in tier 4, so its utter madness that an area the size of S.Y. is in tier 3
    woodbine said:
    The only thing that will work now in the short and medium term is a total lockdown across England not much point in anything else with Scotland and Wales going ahead.
    Any changes won't come into force until midnight on Wednesday as he has re-called parliament so they I assume can have a vote on new measures.
    The big problem is that the NHS is almost at breaking point and we are about to see an upsurge in new cases following the relaxation of the rules at Christmas and we have to assume that too many people did their own thing at new year as well.
    And that's what annoys me, I know they reduced the Christmas rule relaxation to just Christmas Day from 5 days, but even that was a bad idea IMO.

woodbine said:
    And that's what annoys me, I know they reduced the Christmas rule relaxation to just Christmas Day from 5 days, but even that was a bad idea IMO.

The problem they had was that they knew if they didn't relax the rules people would still want to see their families on xmas day, we didn't did you ?
    woodbine said:
    woodbine said:

The problem they had was that they knew if they didn't relax the rules people would still want to see their families on xmas day, we didn't did you ?
    My Uncle and his partner came to us for the Christmas meal and stayed till late evening.

Under normal circumstances we'd have gone to them for the evening meal on Boxing Day but we couldn't.

Ami2301 said:
    Yeah, resign!

While I don't agree with some of his actions, he needs to do the right thing by putting the people's health first. If he resigned, right now in the midst of a global pandemic, how would that help? 

I don't understand why there is such an issue with the concept of going into another lockdown, a national one. Surely we need to look at the bigger picture, that our health comes first.

Boris is doing his best to please everyone, which is ultimately impossible.
    Community Champion
    edited January 4
    Just heard on the BBC news that a new lockdown will be announced tonight, with Boris announcing the full rules.

Ami2301 said:
    Ami2301 said:
    Yeah, resign!

While I don't agree with some of his actions, he needs to do the right thing by putting the people's health first. If he resigned, right now in the midst of a global pandemic, how would that help? 

I don't understand why there is such an issue with the concept of going into another lockdown, a national one. Surely we need to look at the bigger picture, that our health comes first.

I don't really do Politics, but I just think Boris has been a poor PM who made even Theresa May look good.

That Kier Starmer bloke's not much but I reckon even he'd be a better PM at the moment.

Ami2301 said:
    Ami2301 said:
    Yeah, resign!

I don't really do Politics, but I just think Boris has been a poor PM who made even Theresa May look good.

That Kier Starmer bloke's not much but I reckon even he'd be a better PM at the moment.

That's a relief lol, Boris is doing an impossible job in extremely difficult times, I think you should always give credit where it's due. You'd better get used to Boris as PM as he quietly announced at the weekend that he will lead his party into the 2024 election, Starmer is just a caretaker leader.
    The one thing we should all strive to do is to be positive, these are challenging times for all of us, but unlike the lockdown in March we now have hope in the form of two vaccines.
    We can get through this we, will get through this, we need to stand side by side not carping from the sidelines.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,243 Disability Gamechanger
    I completely agree with a total lockdown for England. I wouldn't like to be in any PM's shoes; can only say whomever it might have been, they would have needed to be guided by the scientists. This isn't a time for party politics, rather do what's best for the country.....the people, the NHS & key workers, & stop this awful loss of life.
  • RAwarriorRAwarrior Member Posts: 873 Pioneering
    Hi @Ross_Scope,

I won’t be surprised if another national lockdown is announced because as I have said many times, there are too many people who ignore the rules. Customers and staff in independent shops don’t wear face coverings or social distance. Patients in the outpatients departments in hospital lower their masks under their nose or chin as soon as they get inside. I no longer go to the local shops because it’s not safe because the owners care more about money than the safety of their customers. 
    I have sat in traffic in my car and seen so many people just walk into a shop with no face covering. 

I have gone to get petrol and most of the customers don’t wear a mask when they go into the shop part to pay. I seen employees in Tesco, BP and Esso petrol stations in the shop part not wearing a face covering. 
    @RAwarrior shop staff don't have to wear mask, and i must admit that when we go shopping and I have to wear a mask for an hour i find it almost unbearable.
    I have been to hospital as a patient 3 times since March and I have never seen a single example of staff or patients not wearing their mask as they should, have you been reading the daily mail again  :)
    My son works in an independent food retailer, & has been wearing a mask for quite some time at work. A long shift is definitely difficult, but he only takes it off when he leaves the shop floor to do office work.
    I do appreciate what you're saying @RAwarrior & wish more people would have followed the most sensible rules. I feel this lockdown was inevitable, due to many people not following the guidelines, unfortunately.
    Support bubbles and childcare bubbles can continue.
    Hi @ woodbine,

Shop staff are required by law to wear a mask on the shop floor. 

I don’t read the Daily Mail and I am speaking about what I have actually experienced.

I have seen lots of people not wearing any face covering in the local shops, which includes the shop owners and the staff which is why I stopped going to the local shops. 

I have regular hospital treatment and I have seen patients and staff not wearing a face covering or wearing it under their nose or chin. 

I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago and the phlebotomist was really scared because the amount of patients not wearing a face covering properly.
    I ended up standing away from people because patients were not social distancing and had lowered their face coverings.

I could quote you a long list of places where I have seen people not wearing a face covering. I have a weakened immune system so I am really scared about getting Covid.

You have been fortunate in your area that people follow the rules but I cannot say the same from what I have actually seen which is why I do all my shopping online.  
    Full lockdown starting now and made law in 24 hours, work from home if you can, schools closed from now, changes to exams to be announced, free school meals to continue, expected to last until third week in Feb when it will be back to the tier system, those who shielded in March will receive letters telling them to shield again, first four groups will get vaccine by end of Feb.
    South Yourkshire will not be excluded ....lol
    Well done Boris !!!
    Hi @chiarieds,

I am not surprised about the national lockdown at all because I have seen so many people completely ignoring the rules.

I have seen very large groups consisting of multiple households when I have visited my squirrel friends. Although they are outside, the people do not social distance and they are not supposed to mix but they do. 

I stopped going to non essential shops before the March lockdown and I haven’t been to a local shop for months after seeing basically 8 out of 10 people not wearing a face covering along with the staff. 

As I have said many times before, Covid 19 is a real worry for me and it really upsets me when I see people not caring about the fact that their actions could lead to me going to Intensive Care.  
    Any comments I make come from my personal experience and not from The Daily Mail!
  • SeanchaiSeanchai Member Posts: 366 Pioneering
    The UK is now paying the price for relaxing the rules at Christmas....We love to see the family on Christmas day and have done so for many years...but we did not think it was worth it . We have been shielding since February and were not going to throw it all away for one day together . Roll on the vaccine,  the quicker the better 👍🙂
    Stay safe everybody .🙏...May your God go with you ! 🙏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I go shopping every week and have done since the first lockdown last year. I also shop in the same place every week and the majority of people i see have a face covering on. Those that don't have an exemption badge, including a person that works where i shop.

I seen my daughter and grandson on Christmas day and boxing day and will continue to see them a couple of times a week because the support bubbles can continue.
    Well because we are now in full lockdown, I will be residing at my Parents' till further notice, social services won't like it due to cancelling both care companies at literally a moment's notice but they can swivel, my health and safety is far more important than their budgets and scheduling.

• lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 1,263 Pioneering
    Wales went into national lockfown before Xmas we haven't got any schools open only essential shops 

Please people when I say things do not take it the wrong way I am glad England is on full lockdow they will stop comring to Wales  and makeing the situation for England and Wales 

Wales has been hit hard this time mainly because the students came back and the schools opend and the pubs 

As great Britain we have to stand together  and do what we have got to do  the world needs to heal and it needs our help 

I am not a religious  person but may God be with us all  united we stand dived we fall we can do this but we have to fo it together 

Woodbine that wasn't a nice thing to say  I  live in Wales and shops get shut if the assistants don't wear a face mask  and if they haven't done  what they need I side their shop even the local little shops and we get fined if we haven't got a face mask on and shops eont let you in 

On lock down last time 500 people came to pen y fan in the brecon beacons  and only 10 of them were Welsh 

Before anyone says anything I am English  living in wsles but o can tell you this much I trust the Welsh government  more than I trust borris Johnson he didn't act fast enough most people have sense  and belive when I say  I am the Wales corona  virus group and some people make so angry I have a proper wonky donkey on there  conspiracy theories  are the worst  

All I can say is its not just down to the government its down to the public if people stop feeding the virus  it would get wesker snd weaker not stronger so that it can mutate   stay safe wash your hands wear your mask  stay your distance  stay at home if you don't need to go out 
    The reaosn why schools weren't open in Wales was because of Christmas and New year, just like England. Now schools have closed, just like England.
    @lisathomas50 not sure what I said that wasn't very nice, but hey ho, as for shop staff and mask to clarify, if they are working behind a screen they do't need to wear a mask if they are on the shop floor they do, like most of the rules they have ben]en fluid.
    You said something about you must be reading the daily mail can be upsetting to some people as you know I would come back with something like no  read the sun lol ha ha but not everyone is the same  in wales even behind a screen they wear a mask  in eales we have spent most of our time in lock down we have had local lock downs aswel 

Its a nightmare but in wales thry force the rules I have never seen so many police lol  I want to know what they do with all the fines lolwales has issued alot
    the daily mail comment was me being nice ! Had I meant to insult anyone I would have said the Sun lol
    Thats where your wrong schools hin most of wsles owed three weeks before Xmas and weren't opening after Xmas  some schools have been closed alot longer and university's shut end of November and colleges were closed four weeks before all told to do online earnings  primary schools were due back on the 11th  of January now thats not happening g either  alot of schools shut down ineales because teachers were  losing their Ives and parents were refusing to send their children to school my step son hadnt been to college since end of November and my granddaughter finished uni November for xmas and has been told not to return all her studying will be on line and my other grandchildren  have been off school since 1st week in December 
    Woodbine I am asking if you would apologise  to  rawarrior  please I know that it want purposely  done and not meant to upset but it has so much do that they want to leave the group and it would be such a  shame lots of people like the photos that are posted I like them aswel  so I am asking please 
    edited January 4
    Very strange that because i have family and friends in Wales with children who have all told me differently. Same as this news link here regarding Wales level 4 lockdown, which started on 20th December, of which schools had already closed for Christmas 2 days prior to that. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55333756 I rest my case and will make no further comments to you.

Where i live we have been in  and out of lockdown local lockfowns fire broke a d now lock down  I am not gki g to comment again either you have already upset another member  aswel 
    Woodbine  I am sorry to say it seems to have been taken the wrong way then the person is very upset  so much do they dontvwantvto be on here 
    Poppy you csn say whatever you like about me but I would rather brlibe my family considering two of them are teachers two are front line workers in hospitals and my other older children are key workers  
    Ah yes of course, despite the link i posted as proof... oh dear oh dear!!
    You always want to be right poppy I did write alot but deleted  it we clash to much so I won't comment on anything  that you post you seem to like upsetting  people
    I don't think anyone of us here would want @RAwarrior to leave this forum....he's a much respected & well-liked member. As ever, comments can be taken the wrong way with certainly no bad intent.
    May I also add that Poppy does provide relevant info & links, & her intent is to to help, not to upset anyone.
    I  am not going  to comment  on poppy's post  but as for as rawarrior why do you assume its a he  i don't assume anything they are just usernames 

Two people have upset this person  I may have only been here a short time but I take the time to get to know people some people choose to private message me and that is fine  

I know a bit about this person and I can see why they were upset  all it takes is sorry  I understand and have empathy  for this person 

To many people  want to be right above how it makes a person  feel and thats ashame because concerning corona virus we are  all in the same boat  same as  this group  we are all in the same boat united we stand divided we fall

I have talked to this person  and I have tried to change their mind  and I hope they do stay we will fi d out later today if this person posts the photos they normaly post 

We have to think about other people's feelings woodbine said it wasn't meant to upset  but people have different ways at looking and reading things  and I said to woodbine I would of said no it was the sun thats me though I give as good as I get 

I have read the other person's comment thst also upset thst person  and I understand where this person is comeing  from 
    Lets not be petty here. The 'him' is a figure of speech and nothing more. Unless i know for certain what gender the member is i'll mostly use 'him' and nothing at all is meant by it!

This is just another example of members taking things out of proportion.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,001 Pioneering
    Afternoon all

hope you're all as well as you can be, despite the difficult start we've had to 2021.

Some of you may have noticed that the community team weren't online as often as usual over the Christmas and New Year period. We were working reduced hours during this time, but we're now back to covering our usual shifts. This means that at least one member of the team will be available from 8am to 8pm every weekday, and from 10am to 6pm every weekend. 

I'm sure many of you have felt, as we have, that there seems to have been an increase in conflict on the community recently. We understand that this is an incredibly challenging time for you all, and some of you might be feeling particularly unsettled or worried, but it's more important than ever that we all pull together to support each other. The vast majority of threads demonstrate your ability to offer support and advice to each other with great kindness and without judgement, and I think this is what we all need more of moving into 2021.

If you're struggling to cope with the new lockdown, or there's anything else that you're finding difficult, please feel free to reach out to the community team. You're welcome to email us on [email protected], and we'll do our best to help. 

If you see a post or comment that you believe breaks our community guidelines, please report it using the 'flag' function so that a member of the community team can review it. We can then take action if necessary. You're never obligated to respond to something a user has said, so please feel free to step away from a thread if you don't feel as though a constructive conversation is being had.

I also wanted to briefly address the topic of incorrect information on the community. The community guidelines state that all members should:
    • Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Not present opinions as facts.
    • Share only trusted resources.
    We sometimes get requests to remove comments, or parts of comments, that contain inaccurate information or advice. Although we do remove incorrect information on occasion, we also believe there is sometimes merit to leaving these comments up. So long as the information is corrected by at least one of you, or a member of the community team, we think that those reading the thread in the future might find it helpful to see that a piece of information has been debunked. That being said, we do ask that all members do their best to check that the information they are giving is correct, avoid presenting opinion as fact, and provide evidence from a trusted resource where possible. 

Cher posted this on another discussion, but I just wanted to highlight the following section from the Things to keep in mind post: 
    Before you respond to a post, think:
    • Am I feeling preoccupied, anxious, inadequate, physically uncomfortable and tired? Am I making assumptions?
    • Do I feel a strong urge to be right rather than looking to offer advice, help find solutions, support and empathise with the other person?
    • Am I looking at the post from my point of view, rather than the other person’s?
    • Is it worth engaging and potentially making a bad situation worse? Should I step away and perhaps report the post?
    We'll be dealing with individual situations as soon as we can. In the meantime, please refresh yourself on the rules outlined in our community guidelines

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 631 Pioneering
    Hi every one I’m not coping with this news at all . This again is going to set back health care for a lot of people it’s like covid has taken over and nothing else exists . I’m so paranoid that at some point there going to make it that every one has the vaccine which I hope not I personally will not be having the vaccine mainly because I’m on so much medication this is a new vaccine and no one knows what medication will react to it it’s a new thing . Personally the last lock Down back in March I nearly ended up sectioned I was under the home based treatment had round the clock visits to my home my mental health was so bad.

as you all know I can’t wear a mask I don’t go any where any way but if I do I always wear my lanyard but I feel like I have to always explain to why I don’t wear one . 

I know every one really has had there lives affected because of covid but the last lock down really set me over the edge mentally . I have been so panicked today I’m scared I’ll get sick again really bad that scares me more than getting covid if I’m honest the thought of loosing my mind again is scary . 
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi every one I’m not coping with this news at all . This again is going to set back health care for a lot of people it’s like covid has taken over and nothing else exists . I’m so paranoid that at some point there going to make it that every one has the vaccine which I hope not I personally will not be having the vaccine mainly because I’m on so much medication this is a new vaccine and no one knows what medication will react to it it’s a new thing . Personally the last lock Down back in March I nearly ended up sectioned I was under the home based treatment had round the clock visits to my home my mental health was so bad.

as you all know I can’t wear a mask I don’t go any where any way but if I do I always wear my lanyard but I feel like I have to always explain to why I don’t wear one . 

I know every one really has had there lives affected because of covid but the last lock down really set me over the edge mentally . I have been so panicked today I’m scared I’ll get sick again really bad that scares me more than getting covid if I’m honest the thought of loosing my mind again is scary . 
    I have the green Lanyard which signifys I have a problem, waste of time IMO, for one thing until I brought it up with the local Labour MP, the local Plod aren't trained to recognise it, I found this out the day I got stuck in the middle of Town when Wednesday were at Home around last May playing Millwall FC, the Millwall fans were all on the Hillsborough bound Tram and causing havoc, I didn't feel safe so I removed myself from the Tram at the bottom of West St, this problem was further compounded by the fact my carer didn't see me get off a full Tram, and also my mobile died so I couldn't phone Home for Dad to come and get me! I went up to a local Policeman and explained my problem, and like I said he was no help!

By this point I was rather upset and panicking and in fear of my safety in Town with rowdy football fans.

However, because I don't follow football in general, I didn't know the Owls were at Home that day, had I known I'd have stopped in.

@cupcake88 hope you are ok? I take 19 different meds every day but if they knocked on my door offering me the vaccine right now i would just roll up my sleeve and get on with it.
    The vaccine is the only option we have to get out of this bloody mess and I would urge everybody to have it when its offered.
    Im no science expert but I do know that the CV19 vaccine works in a different way to other vaccines and that so far no other meds are contra indicated.
    This is the thing @MrAllen1976 no one even knows what the lanyard means  they prod do now tho as more people have them now . This virus has changed things . 

@woodbine
    im not doing too good at the moment . Yes I do understand that but to me I panicked about every thing the door bell goes it scares me the weather is bad it scares me to death , so any thing like a vaccine will have me over thinking loads I think once I have heard of people I know getting it and sharing there experiences with it it will make me feel better bout it . 
    @cupcake88 I think over half a million people (many of them elderly) have had the vaccine with no contra indictions reported so far.
    That’s really good I’m glad 
    How is this lock down supposed to be for 
    cupcake88 said:
    How is this lock down supposed to be for 
    from what Boris said last night it will be until school half term which is usually 3rd week in Feb when all things being equal we will go back to a regional tier system, so about 5-6 weeks.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,001 Pioneering
    edited January 5
    Hi @cupcake88

We've just dropped you an email from [email protected] 

I'm sorry to read that you are really worried about the new lockdown. I believe it's due to last until the middle of February, or until cases come under control. 

I understand your concern about getting the vaccine, hopefully as you say once people you know have safely received it that might ease your worries. Just to offer my experience in that regard, my 80 year old nana recently had the vaccine and she takes a lot of medication daily, and she said it went completely fine for her and there were no adverse reactions. I appreciate that's just one example, but I believe that getting the vaccine will go down without a hitch for most people.

I hope that you are able to keep your loved ones close over the coming weeks, and please remember that the community is always here for you. Alternatively, if you have concerns about your mental health or any of your treatments, you could raise these with your GP. You could also:
    • contact Samaritans on 116 123
    • text Shout to 85258 to be put through to a trained volunteer
    Kindest regards

• CressidaCressida Member Posts: 529 Pioneering
    edited January 5
    deleted as misread question
    @Ross_Scope thank you I just saw that thank you for sharing your experiences of it I’m glad your Nanna is ok . My partner looks after me so I’m really lucky and my dog of course and of course I have the forum for support thank you for your kind words thank you to you @woodbine also . 

@Cressida hi there I do not work so I’ll be in . Thank you for your message you stay safe as well 
    I have been told I cant have the vacine because of my fragmin injections 
    I have been told I cant have the vacine because of my fragmin injections 
    Does that apply to both vaccines?
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,379 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 Did that come from your GP or medical specialist?  I believe we will all be getting contacted when it's 'our turn' in order of priority.  Fingers crossed for us all keeping safe in the meanwhile  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

I had a confirmation from my gp and from my consultant who looks after my condition  I have had corona virus twice  and the vacine is a live  vacine and because I take 5000 units of fragmin a day 

I worry about haveing the new strain  so I stopped going out the first time I had corona virus I was poorly for 8 weeks the second time I havent fully  recovered todays I tried to committ suicide 6 weeks ago 

I came on here because I thought it could help 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,379 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisathomas50 - I'm really sorry to hear that and we can certainly help you so please don't worry.

If ever you feel like your wellbeing is in danger again then please seek emergency support immediately by ringing 999 and asking for an ambulance.  Suicidal thoughts can be extremely challenging to deal with and MIND offer this support on how to deal with them now and in the long term.

Should you feel like you need someone to speak to, other than your friends here on the community, then you can always:

We'll be sending you an email shortly, but I just want to reiterate that we realise times are hard but this will pass.  Take it one day at a time and keep talking  :)   
    Online Community Co-ordinator

I dont want to hurt myself now I am ok  well I was ok on here I thought  I have made a wonderful friend in ibleive 2020  and I made a friend with warrior now she gone off here 

I came on here to make friends and chat to people  best stop speaking now 
    edited January 5
    Obviously you need to discuss this with your Drs, who will weigh up the pros & cons, but the following from the Covid-19 Green Book; 27 November 2020 Chapter 14a p14 may be helpful: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948757/Greenbook_chapter_14a_v4.pdf
    'There are very few individuals who cannot receive the Pfizer-BioNTech or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines. Where there is doubt, rather than withholding vaccination, appropriate advice should be sought from the relevant specialist, or from the local immunisation or health protection team.'   
    'A COVID vaccine developed by Pfizer/BioNtech has recently been approved for use in the UK by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), and the first doses have now been given to patients.APS Support UK contacted the MHRA and was told on 11th December 2020 that the Pfzier/BioNTech COVID vaccine is suitable for anyone with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS).The MHRA has published information for healthcare professionals and for recipients of the vaccine, which would include any specific information/instructions on persons with APS. Links to this information are provided below, please note that there is no specific information/instructions in these documents for persons with APS:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/941452/Information_for_healthcare_professionals.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/information-for-uk-recipients-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine

Additionally, Dr June Raine, chief executive of the MHRA, appeared on the Andrew Marr Show on 6th December 2020 and highlighted that there is a "special piece of advice for anyone on a blood thinner or an anticoagulant, but that simply means you can have the vaccine if the benefits outweigh the risks".

I have had an email snd I have explained ed why I cant have the risk of havring it is higher than if I do  have it it has also been confirmed by my consultant  I csnt have either of the vacines but its because of my personal circumstances  it doesn't stop other people having it  I have also had confirmation from my gp 

I cant have the flu vsvi e either but I keep myself safe  and I wouldn't put anyone e else at risk 

Thank you for your advice 

You're welcome, Lisa. I spent some time researching the latest medical info to try & find out more for you. Whilst unfortunately those with an immunocompromised system may not produce as many antibodies as someone without those problems following vaccination, it did seem to offer hope. Some of the info was from 31 December 2020, & altho  there's obviously no published research papers, it was the latest medical opinions I could find.
    Thank you I have trued looking since I was told i couldn't have it my dr did say to me that because I am still suffering from the second  time  of haveing corona virus that would put me at risk aswel  long covid symptoms  can last for up to four years 

My white blood cells aren't good st the moment but I think if I could get a job I would be able to start getting better my lupus also gets eorze when I am doing nothing I have always worked I have never used my disability to stop me working it was my choice and I have always been supported yo fo that 

I know what my boundaries are now so I know how much I can do I will only fo part time work thank you  for your help  I have been looking g for a list of  food and drink that can affect lupus and how corona virus  affects lupus 

Thank you for your  kindness 
    @chiarieds thsnk you so much that's realy kind of you I was waiting for my diet sheet to come but this is good  I have had a quick look there are a couple of foods added and a couple not there now the diet thing changes every year  I found I cant eat fruit or salad as I am doubled up in pain  if I eat it I will have a good read of that 😀 again thank you so much its hard to manage sometimes when your haveing a bad time not many people understand lupus I am so grateful to you it means alot
    You're very welcome @lisathomas50 - I found the info a few days ago, but had just saved it as a draft instead of posting it! Just thought about it today. I hope it's helpful. :)
    @chiarieds I am going to have a good look at it thank you for being so kind and thinking about me x
Sign in or join us to comment.