Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021)
Any new measures would tackle the rise in cases, "protect the NHS and save lives", Downing Street said.
It comes as Scotland announced a legal requirement to stay at home from midnight, with schools to be closed.
The House of Commons will also be recalled, allowing MPs to vote on any new measures on Wednesday.
Mr Johnson will set out plans for England as the UK's devolved nations have the power to set their own coronavirus regulations.
Alongside Scotland, both Wales and Northern Ireland have also implemented national restrictions.
The PM earlier said there was "no question" the government would announce stricter measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments