Searching for sleep: what helps you beat insomnia? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Searching for sleep: what helps you beat insomnia?

Options
124»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope no went about nine I felt ill but now I know why I tested positive for corona virus I did my test yesterday they cone to the house at the request of my doctor once a week  I knew broke they phoned I woke up at 7am my head was banging  I was coughing and I was hot  this is the 2nd time 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    9pm is pretty good though @lisathomas50.

Yes, I was sorry to hear about your positive result. I've asked on the other thread, but are you going to be okay for food and other essential items? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Tori_Scope I got a couple of things yesterday but not enough to last ten days I live on my own the last two times I had it I ended up in hospital  so I didn't have to worry probably won't feel like eating anyway 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Its  the third time I just noticed i put 2nd 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Hopefully you won't need to end up in hospital again @lisathomas50. In the case that you do end up staying at home, would you be able to arrange a food delivery, or for someone you know to deliver some food to you? 

Do you have friends or family that can ring and check-up on you to see how you're feeling? 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Tori_Scope my family don't live by me they live in England its hard here delivery slots are taken up until end of February here and people where I live stay in they don't go out I will be ok I will just spread the food I have until  I can get out thank you for messaging me I live rural which makes it hard in this situation 
  • LizzySmith37
    LizzySmith37 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited August 2022
    Options

I have also realised that more often than not, a distance from one’s spiritual self also causes severe imbalance in life.

I say this because I myself have been a victim of insomnia and ever since I got my [Removed by moderator - advertising], all my problems have left.

I’ve started helping others do that same and it’s marvellous.

• chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm having trouble sleeping during the hot temperature in my room.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I think many of us have been finding this @chloeblue04! Have you found anything that's helped to cool your room down? 

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    It has been very hot at night, we put a bowl of ice cubes in front of a fan. When I have problems sleeping it’s usually because my mind goes into overdrive. I started using a thought blocking word, “the” is a good one as it doesn’t mean anything, you mouth the word every 5 seconds and it’s stops thoughts racing around your head.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Through the whole of my life I`ve had an atrocious sleep pattern.  As a child, I had difficulties going to sleep, but when I eventually got to sleep, I slept well.  Now, as an adult, I could fall asleep on razor blades / mid conversation / on a washing line, but I couldn`t stay asleep until I was prescribed 30mg Amitriptyline a night.  No problem getting, or staying, asleep now.
    Through my childhood and before I was prescribed Amitriptyline, one successful technique I used to induce sleep (or go back to sleep as an adult) was to pick a spot on the ceiling (or wall) and force myself to stay awake.   
  • bwlch1
    bwlch1 Scope Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    I'm with books and dull radio to relax your brain for sleeping.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t have much trouble going to sleep anymore but I do have trouble waking up. I probably have around ten or eleven hours sleep a night now! Mind you I do force myself to stay in bed in the mornings most days.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cartini,
    Your technique of “picking a spot on the ceiling or wall” works in other situations too.
    I used that very same technique when I was in labour, it does help you to relax, it’s also good when sitting in the dentists chair. 

Brightness