Work Capability Assessment — Scope | Disability forum

Work Capability Assessment

Lee99 Member Posts: 22 Connected
I have just filled in yet another form for a WCA in the past i have had paper and face to face assessments can you please advise me of what happens at the moment with face to face suspended due to covid and does any one know how long it is currently takeing


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,477 Disability Gamechanger

    Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. With the WCA if a telephone assessment is needed and they still can't get enough of information through this then your file will be returned to the pile and you'll need to wait for face to face assessments to start back up again.

    There's no timescales for any decision or for how long the process takes. You do need to make sure the form is returned to them by the date stated in the letter.

    Good luck.
  • Lee99
    Lee99 Member Posts: 22 Connected
    Hi poppy 

    Many thanks for the response fantastic as ever

    Kind regards 

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,477 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Make sure you fill out the form with as much relevant information as possible.
  • Lee99
    Lee99 Member Posts: 22 Connected
    I had my assessment by telephone on 17th February 2021 and a year on I'm still waiting the outcome I have asked several times but told they are busy and I have to wait I have also asked for a copy of the report and are repeatedly told that I can only ask after the decision are people waiting this long for decisions ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,177 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lee99 thats a very long wait for a decision I would try and put in a complaint as that is way beyond normal wait times for decision 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.