Work Capability Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability Assessment

Lee99
Lee99 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
I have just filled in yet another form for a WCA in the past i have had paper and face to face assessments can you please advise me of what happens at the moment with face to face suspended due to covid and does any one know how long it is currently takeing

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. With the WCA if a telephone assessment is needed and they still can't get enough of information through this then your file will be returned to the pile and you'll need to wait for face to face assessments to start back up again.

There's no timescales for any decision or for how long the process takes. You do need to make sure the form is returned to them by the date stated in the letter.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee99
    Hi poppy 

Many thanks for the response fantastic as ever

Kind regards 

Lee
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Make sure you fill out the form with as much relevant information as possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee99
    I had my assessment by telephone on 17th February 2021 and a year on I'm still waiting the outcome I have asked several times but told they are busy and I have to wait I have also asked for a copy of the report and are repeatedly told that I can only ask after the decision are people waiting this long for decisions ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lee99 thats a very long wait for a decision I would try and put in a complaint as that is way beyond normal wait times for decision 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.