Hi, my name is SWESTCARDIFF! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SWESTCARDIFF!

SWESTCARDIFF
SWESTCARDIFF Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am not managing living alone atm 
Disabilities & sleep issues are making each day a misery.i need help.
Tagged:

Comments

• SWESTCARDIFF
    SWESTCARDIFF Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Any suggestions  ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SWESTCARDIFF i'm sorry you feel lonely sadly lots of people feel this way due to lockdown, as for sleep issues have you spoken to you GP to see what help might be available?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

There is lots of useful information in our sections relating to sleep and also loneliness if you want to look there including suggested tips 

We are also here to support and just join in there is usually someone around to chat to 

If you have any specific questions then just ask 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry to hear that I dont know if I just replied to another post you put about the same subject 

Did you post another new thread ? 
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    How about someone with the same/similar disability becoming an online friend. You can chat, discuss all kinds of issues and interests. Encourage each other to exercise, open a window, eat healthily etc.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @SWESTCARDIFF

When you say sleep issues, is it insomnia or something else?  We have this thread about insomnia that has lots of ideas on for how to get a better nights sleep.  Although if your problem has persisted for a while, I'd second contacting your GP for a chat.  

It's definitely difficult with feelings of loneliness, especially during lockdown and if living alone.  Our community is always here though, and I'd really encourage you to post and talk to people for company on days it might be particularly hard.  You also might find our Coping with stress, low mood and isolation support thread a useful read as it has links to different activities that you might not have considered.

How are you doing now?  Is everything okay?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Batfink
    Batfink Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Have you tried a warm milky drink before bed? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SWESTCARDIFF -  & welcome. How are you today? Have you managed to to look at the links posted on your other post? :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hello @SWESTCARDIFF

How are you today? For the convenience of yourself and others I will merge your two posts into one :) 

Have you been able to view any of the advice given on the other thread? I'll repeat below a comment given by my colleague Cher:

"When you say sleep issues, is it insomnia or something else?  We have this thread about insomnia that has lots of ideas on for how to get a better nights sleep.  Although if your problem has persisted for a while, I'd second contacting your GP for a chat.  

It's definitely difficult with feelings of loneliness, especially during lockdown and if living alone.  Our community is always here though, and I'd really encourage you to post and talk to people for company on days it might be particularly hard.  You also might find our Coping with stress, low mood and isolation support thread a useful read as it has links to different activities that you might not have considered."

Have youhad assistance from your local authority in any way? Have you had a needs assessment from the social care team? 

I wonder also if you have any friends or family who can support you at this time, or if you have discussed your struggles with your GP.

Please remember, you can always give Scope's helpline a call if you feel lonely or just fancy a chat, and Samaritans are always there if you need mental health support.

I have moved the discussion to our disabled people category for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness