Hi everyone, I'm lily_242! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone, I'm lily_242!

lily_242
lily_242 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm lily_242,
I suffer with chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain that is currently under investigation. Been feeling lonely as I can't get out really to go for distanced walks with friends as I can't walk very far without exhaustion and pain kicking in (and write off the next few days)  Just thought I'd check out the Scope forum to see if I could find some support   

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lily_242 and a big, warm welcome from us :)  It's great to have you here!

These are such challenging times, and it sounds like you are dealing with a lot on top of lockdown so a big squeezy hug from me.  It's not easy at all.  I hope your investigations help provide some answers and your symptoms settle soon (that sounds like a tongue twister!).

A lot of us have felt lonely and are keeping ourselves busy by chatting in the Virtual coffee lounge playing games or talking about random subjects.  While you might also want to read others stories about life with chronic fatigue in our Invisible impairments category.   

How are you doing today?  Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome from me too 

I know we cant meet up with friends at the moment but have you considered getting a mobility scooter for the future 

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and the route will have to be accessible but it could help you get out 
  • lily_242
    lily_242 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks! Hopefully I'll get contacted from the fatigue clinic soon, so hopefully they might have some solutions!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lily_242 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining us all. :) You'll find a lot of support & understanding here. It is difficult at the moment, but many of us find that chatting here helps. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this group as we have so many lovely members. I do hope you get some answers when you go to the clinic; being in pain isn't much fun. Do join in with any discussions of interest, & try out our 'Coffee lounge' as Cher has suggested....hope to see you there. :)

Brightness