Announcement... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Announcement...

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @chiarieds you got yourself out of a tight spot there! Lol.  :D

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    encaser said:
    Sorry to hear you're leaving, @poppy123456 .
    I was, and am, appreciative of your quick, truthful, knowledgeable and respectful experienced answers.
    Forums definitely can be a minefield of untruths and people posting when they either don't know the relevant answer or, just throw up off-putting opinions. You never did this and although I've only been here a relatively short time, I saw some of the posts you were battling with, with original posters not being fully open and honest or, disruptive comments from others who may think they're helping but were again venting their beliefs and not factual help.
    Perhaps the mods and bods who work on here; can take a more active approach in monitoring posts on factual threads and make a sticky in a dedicated benefits thread, asking people to please refrain from offering opinions and just post current factual and verifiable benefits information?
    So true @encaser
    Much as I think the scope team are lovely people doing a hard job, I dont think they supported @poppy123456 as much as they could have.
    I noticed someone saying along the lines of people can have different opinions to Poppy, Poppy didn't give opinions she gave factual information, backed up with links.
    And that's what people needed.
    I know support said that they would leave any posts up that may be bad advice, as people could then read on to where that advice was debunked, but what if people dont read further? It should have been removed.
    Proud member of the Poppy fan club! Lol
  • Cress
  • Cress
    Can I ask support why is this thread not moved up at all after commenting?
  • Cress
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,366 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress I was wondering the same, seems to be a glitch?
  • Cress
    @66Mustang
    Sadly, I dont think it's a glitch...
    Which would be a shame...
  • Cress
    Just wanted to ask why is Poppy's thread not being bumped when people have commented on it?
    I'm sure there are others who will wish to thank her for her help.
  • Cress
    Ha! Sorry for the puppy!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Cress, thanks for pointing this out.
    I've merged both threads and that seems to have refreshed the display order.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope . @Chloe_Scope

Hello Adrian and Chloe can you help with this? It would nice for Scope to show Poppy the appreciation she deserves for all her hard work 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Cressida, we must have posted at the same time. It's been reported a couple of times and now seems to be fixed after I merged threads on the topic together. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I totally agree with every word you say mike, poppy has been a close friend of mine for some time and I have known she was getting more frustrated as each day passed, she put everything she could into this forum, as she also does on another one.
    You have hit the nail on the head, this forum is ready for a massive reset, it cannot be all things to all people for much longer.
    Time will tell.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine - you took the words right out of my mouth, 'this forum...cannot be all things to all people for much longer.' We all have disabilities & support each other, but when the very small minority can be abusive, give misinformation as they're not objective, or come back with another 'identity,' & seem to be always given the benefit of the doubt, etc., even when reported to the Scope team, it becomes increasingly difficult for the majority of members, & has most definitely caused an awful lot of unease recently, & resulted in Poppy leaving. You can only take so much.
    I've not been here that long, & I'm dreadfully sorry about the terrible abuse you've suffered, Mike.....what little I've had nearly made me walk away from here 3x already. Much of what you say resonates with me, but I always felt Poppy had the patience of a saint in replying endlessly to 'the same questions,' but she also suffered a lot of abuse as she posted so much also only trying to help. Abusive comments remain, as well as misinformation, not just about benefits.....tho I've seen the Scope team thankfully address that yesterday (about medical info).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021
    [Removed by moderator, please remember to be kind - Adrian]

• Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 i just want tóo say goodluck only known you a short time takecare staysafe 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy you were extremely well respected by the vast majority of people here to put it simply you are a legend and will be impossible to replace. x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    @poppy123456, I really am sorry to read that you have decided to leave the community, what a huge loss to us all. Though I personally didn't have much communication with you, I know how valuable your support to many people has been. People like yourself are what make this community and with you now not being here, it will no doubt be a lesser place. I would like to wish you the best of luck. Thank you. 
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    @poppy123456 so sad , I think your great.

Brightness