DWP report received notification text - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP report received notification text

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @MarkN88 probably be alot easier and may help to spead up the process  
    one doesn't always follow the other.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I agree @MarkN88 I think it is inevitable that this method will be used more frequently in the future. 

Like I said in my previous post I do think the system will need to be streamlined because people who are not particularly 'computer savvy' will struggle with it in its current iteration.

I don't think its a bad idea because a big worry of a lot of people is whether their forms have actually been received by DWP and this problem is pretty much eliminated by using this method. I don't know how it currently works by submitting the paper based form because this is my first time claiming and I used the electronic method but I know with this method I have had multiple notifications by text and phone as to the progress of my application.

Electronic submission is also a big improvement for DWP too because it massively reduces the amount of paperwork they have to deal with and cuts out certain steps they currently have to do like manually inputting receipt of paperwork onto their systems. 

As long as this is implemented in a user friendly manner this should be a win win improvement for everyone concerned.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    My mum used the paper based system and it was alright for her. Me and a local charity put together the application with her and sent it off to the DWP on a Friday morning and the Monday after we had a text to say they had received it. Three weeks later she had the letter inviting her to assessment and that took place two weeks later. We also got the text when the report had been sent back to the DWP. 

With the electronic version, did you have the option to upload all your supporting evidence? 

When it came to providing information, did you have enough space to write what you needed or was it limited? 
  • BrettW
    @MarkN88 Yes there was plenty of space and there was also the option of adding supporting evidence
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW as you said if it was made easier to do electronically it would be great as you said you received multiple notifications that give you peace of mind 

It was talked about alot over the last couple of years glad they are actually trying it out I think it will help with  the prssures of the dwp

Thanks for sharing your experience 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    BrettW said:
    @MarkN88 Yes there was plenty of space and there was also the option of adding supporting evidence
    That’s good to hear. Sounds good for people if they can handle using a computer. 
  • BrettW
    @lisathomas50 I think its the same with all organisations Lisa they want to make the most of current technology to help streamline their systems.

Everybody is pushing to reduce their paper based records because electronic systems offer much more efficiency in terms of storage, sharing and speed
  • Lisatho11987777
    @MarkN88 as papper version i expect you could get help to do this but sounds a better way of dealing with things and if you accesed  help to do it may make it easier for the person helping I would hope 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW I totally agree its made alot of things easier in my opinion universal credit is all on line  you can tax your car and insure your car on line  and since the pandemic my drs surgery has gone on line and face time for some appointments 

Shopping on line  has been around fir a whilst  so its worth a try I think if they can get things sorted and make it easier ? 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP are quick at keeping us informed about our PIP assessment progress, I had mine on a Thursday and received a text the following Tuesday the phone assessment was taken form the assessment company offices maybe that helped. I phoned for a copy of the assessment report ten days passed so rang again today and I was informed that it had not been sent and I was told it would be sent out today second class post allow ten day for delivery.
  • BrettW
    @lisathomas50 at some point in the future Lisa pretty much everything will be conducted online
  • BrettW
    Thanks for that @wilko I phoned and requested mine yesterday. The lady I spoke to on the phone said she was working from home and would have to phone into the office to request them to print it off but that hopefully it should have been sent out later that day second class post.

Were you covered by Atos or Capita for your assessment if you don't mind me asking?
  • wilko
    @BrettW, I am in Wiltshire so I think it was Atos, the lady was working from the company office when I asked her. My assessment was a change of circumstances hoping to be moved from standard living to enhanced on both as I need more assistance in daily living, I put my claim in just when the DWP was sending out award extensions, my award expired in April 2021 so I didn’t want to wait 6 months so sent in my application in September 2020. Good luck with your notification having the report will give us both an idea what the award may should be, if not we can start getting things ready for an MR if required.
  • BrettW
    Thanks for that @wilko

I don't know which is worse to be honest waiting to get the assessment or waiting to get the decision. 

Its a shame they didn't send out the report to you when you requested it first time as you'd at least have known by now whether your change of circumstances had been successful. 

The reason I asked about which assessment company it was was because I noticed it took you a bit longer to get a confirmation text that DWP had received it than mine did and I wondered if maybe the timescales between to two assessment companies was slightly different.

Anyway I've got my fingers crossed for you that you're successful 
  • wilko
    @BrettW,  I had my text fairly quick considering 4 working days just annoyed the report wasn’t sent, but you, we and I have to be proactive in getting, sorting out our claims reports what ever nobody is going to do it for us.
  • BrettW
    @wilko You're right and the scary thing is how many people out there don't come to places like the Scope forums and are unaware of the steps they can take to help themselves in these situations?
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
    @wilko Just got my report looks like I'll be getting standard mobility and nothing for daily living.

I scored 6 points on daily living and 8 points on mobility though there are a few points on the daily living part of the report where I think I should have scored points. I'll wait till I get the decision to see if they go with it and then make my decision as to whether I go for MR or not. I'm just pleased that the report at least is fairly accurate to the assessment I had
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW have to see how it goes its up to the decision maker now 
  • BrettW
    Yeah. To be fair I wasn't expecting an enhanced rate on either part so I won't be upset if they just go with the report :smile:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.