Video Games - Page 15 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes can imagine :| I guess the combination of supply constraints due to Covid and more people at home wanting computers makes the perfect storm
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    66Mustang said:
    Yes can imagine :| I guess the combination of supply constraints due to Covid and more people at home wanting computers makes the perfect storm
    Its a number of things. Nvidia are struggling to get the chips manufactured, the recent launches of the PS5 and Xbox X gobbling up production lines for their chips, everyone launching new hardware at the same time, more people at home and buying / building computers to work / play games and then the disruption to distribution because of Covid and Brexit :neutral:
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Several car factories have had to close for a while due to the current shortage of microchips too!   :#

Fords Germany plant closed this week until Feb 19th!!
  • BrettW
    Several car factories have had to close for a while due to the current shortage of microchips too!   :#

Really? I hadn't heard that but it doesn't surprise me. Its amazing how many things are reliant now on silicone including washing machines and fridges
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW I thing alot of things will be in shortage since we left the EU
  • OverlyAnxious
    BrettW said:

Really? I hadn't heard that but it doesn't surprise me. Its amazing how many things are reliant now on silicone including washing machines and fridges
    Ford To Idle Saarlouis Assembly Plant Over Microchip Shortage (fordauthority.com)

Yep, everything is basically a smartphone inside these days!  
  • BrettW
    The Europe situation will only really impact on distribution @lisathomas50. The majority of processors are produced in the Far East and they are struggling to meet the demand because a lot of the new sought after technology all decided to release at the end of 2020! There is also the fact that the Chinese New Year occurs next month so that means another delay on top of everything else as all these companies shut down for a few days to celebrate their new year...
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • OverlyAnxious
    I wonder if any of you ever suffer from vertigo and motion sickness from gaming?  I think I'm going to have stop playing Assassins Creed altogether because of it.  :(   I've been trying shorter sessions and keep looking away rather than focussing solidly on it but it's getting worse and worse.  I haven't played CoD for a few weeks so will give that a go instead tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope tbh.

I know it sounds like a first world problem but vertigo and stomach issues have already made driving anywhere very difficult, vision issues are making screen text difficult, and this is making gaming difficult.  I'm running out of past-times!!  :s
  • BrettW
    I always turn off motion blur in any game I play @OverlyAnxious but I find that its excessive in a lot of games and does give me motion sickness.
  • OverlyAnxious
    BrettW said:
    I always turn off motion blur in any game I play @OverlyAnxious but I find that its excessive in a lot of games and does give me motion sickness.
    Can't say I've even heard of motion blur - I'll have to see if it's an option on the game settings.
  • OverlyAnxious
    Well, I found a setting called 'camera shake'...which I turned off.  But sadly it was still no better.  Tried Call of Duty again this morning after a month of Assassins Creed and nowhere near as bad so it must be the game itself.  Bit of a shame but I think it'll be my last AC game.
  • BrettW
    A lot of action games have the option called motion blur @OverlyAnxious. Basically what it does is blurs the image on screen to emulate fast movement and it gives me motion sickness. Camera shake is another one I turn off for the same reasons
  • OverlyAnxious
    BrettW said:
    A lot of action games have the option called motion blur @OverlyAnxious. Basically what it does is blurs the image on screen to emulate fast movement and it gives me motion sickness. Camera shake is another one I turn off for the same reasons
    There wasn't an option for motion blur (on Xbox so may be fewer settings than PC).  I assumed camera shake would be the same thing.

I can't really see the point of either of them, don't they just make everyone feel ill?  :#
  • BrettW
    Yep @OverlyAnxious most people turn them off
  • tembabavuma11
    tembabavuma11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I am currently playing game right now is pokemon glazed because this game graphics so nice.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I am currently playing game right now is pokemon glazed because this game graphics so nice.

Sounds great @tembabavuma11

How is it going with the game?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Is there anyone out there that has upgraded from a ps4 to a ps5?
    I've had a ps4 since they first came out and want to upgrade to ps5 myself. I thought the rush might have calmed down by now but at the moment they still seem to be out of stock in most places.
    I just wondered what buyers thought about the difference experience in their gaming since upgrading? 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I wonder if any of you ever suffer from vertigo and motion sickness from gaming?  I think I'm going to have stop playing Assassins Creed altogether because of it.  :(   I've been trying shorter sessions and keep looking away rather than focussing solidly on it but it's getting worse and worse.  I haven't played CoD for a few weeks so will give that a go instead tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope tbh.

I know it sounds like a first world problem but vertigo and stomach issues have already made driving anywhere very difficult, vision issues are making screen text difficult, and this is making gaming difficult.  I'm running out of past-times!!  :s
    My partner has some trouble with this and can only really either play 2d or isometric and fixed perspective games where there is very little movement. So nothing from the first-person, very little from the third-person, and a rotating camera is absolutely off the table. It makes her very nauseous and if she persists and plays anyway, it can result in days of migraines which can be very frustrating for her as she quite enjoys gaming.

I often struggle with certain first person games in enclosed environments and will need to expand the field of view dramatically. As an example, I can't play through ten minutes of Half-Life 2 without needing to lie down. I've had that game 16 years and haven't made any progress. Even the memory of it makes me feel a bit queasy!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    I play on mobile legend bang bang  wild rift or era of Celestials 

Brightness