Hi, my name is number1crip! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is number1crip!

Comments

• number1crip
    number1crip Posts: 23 Listener
    But apparently lisathomas50 said:
    @Cher_Scope it wasn't clear what this person required and I am sorry it didn't sound welcoming that wasn't my intention 
    Wernt clear tho
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @number1crip

This isnt really a chat site which the things you suggested eg names and stuff isnt the normal thing members ask 

We dont allow any personal information either like full names for security reasons 

Lots of people do chat in here in form of posts which are visible to all members so that's why we restrict personal info 

Most general chat I'd in our coffee lounge section 
  • number1crip
    First names n ages would off been fine but its fine k ill just use derogative terms instead or mke up names ye?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Some of our users don't mind sharing details such as their age or first name but, as Janer1967 explained, we don't allow full personal details to be posted on the site @number1crip. It's usually easiest to use a member's username instead, but if they're comfortable with you using their first name then that's also fine. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • number1crip
    I never asked for full names
  • number1crip
    Go to top n see how i started my discussion
  • number1crip
    edited February 2021
    [removed by moderator - personal attacks not allowed, please watch your tone] maybe people should think b4 they spk
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No further comment as you seem to take offence when all I was doing was explaining how the site works 
  • number1crip
    I wouldnt of been able to find the site or become a member if i didnt know how to use the site would i? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @number1crip,

@janer1967 and I were just trying to explain that those are not the sorts of details we allow to be posted on the community, just in case you'd misunderstood.

It's fine to explain that you didn't intend to collect other members' information, but please watch your tone when interacting with other members. We don't tolerate personal attacks on the community, and we'd appreciate it if you kept all communication polite. You can read our community guidelines here
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • number1crip
    edited February 2021
    Watch my tone i was polite intro myself asked for those WHO WANTED to reply there name thats kinda hipocritical we dont accept personal attacks cuz this is my stat i never mentioned noone you all chose to comment <moderator removed - offensive language and personal attacks not allowed on the community.  Cher>
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hi @number1crip

I've edited the comment you left above as it again contained personal, offensive comments that go against the supportive ethos set out in our community guidelines.  

If you could please remember to keep comments polite, respectful and friendly in the future.  How are you doing today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • number1crip
    edited February 2021
    What like accusing someone of having an alteriave motive or belittling a disabled person as clearly stated in the message u have all CHOSEN to comment on but u have all chosen to start an argument i came here to hopefully make n meet fellow disabled ppl maybe befriend or help although im having 2nd thoughts n i hope that your checking up on EVERY OTHER  disabled ppl like my orig comment was aimed at but <moderator removed - personal attacks> an have come across a crip that wont stand for it
    Every1 else that wants cheering up youtube number1crip
    Or on instagram <moderator removed - links to personal social media accounts not allowed to safeguard members>

• Cher_Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Hi @number1crip

The aim of our online community is to support disabled people and provide a space for connections and friendships to be made.  That's why it's really unfortunate we appear to have gotten off to a bumpy start.  Our members have all reached out to welcome you and I think somewhere along the way, words have been misinterpreted where there was no ill intent.  It would be great if we could start afresh, but to do that the content of your posts must be kept within the community guidelines signposted above.  

As you can see, I've edited your post to remove personal comments made against our members and also a link to your instagram account.  Although Youtube accounts are permitted to share creative content, our rules don't allow for social media accounts such as insta to be allowed to protect all our members.  I hope you understand and appreciate these reasons.  Many thanks - Cher.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • number1crip
    Thats all that needed to be said thank you none of my personal details r on there except d.o.b im a real life little britain lol n im sure u can tell ill fight for what i believe is right which obvs who knows better bout bein disabled than a disabled person to my detrament. 
    Im a nice guy so can i ask where ppl r from n lets say i can help someone goin shop or takin them to apps how would this be arranged n am i callin them there username?
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited February 2021
    @number1crip That's good to hear, and determination like yours could help us on Scope as we are continually involved in the fight for disabled people's equality :)

Yep we use people's usernames, and to address someone directly put an @ before their name.  For instance - @Cher_Scope.
    Although it's really lovely of you to want to help others in terms of going to the shop for them, we don't offer that kind of personal support or recommend personal meetings for safety purposes.  You can help us by talking more with others with a similar impairment and offering words of wisdom from your experience :)  Oh, and I'm from good old South Yorkshire! 

• number1crip
    edited February 2021
    <moderator removed - personal attack and offensive language> im also suicidal so how is sending a message goin t stop me jumping due to these comments <moderator removed - inaccurate comment>
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
         Really......
  • number1crip
    edited February 2021
    <moderator removed - offensive language> dont go quiet now go chat to adrian.
    U dont even regulate anythin so who are you to tell me what i can or cant ask/post? 
    <moderator removed - personal attack>
    I apologise if i missed any1
  • number1crip
    Vikingqueen yes really yes really

Brightness