Delivery drivers from Just-Eat and Uber who can't get anywhere that doesn't come up Satnavs! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Delivery drivers from Just-Eat and Uber who can't get anywhere that doesn't come up Satnavs!

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    During lockdown3 we have not been out of the house(literally) we have relyed on deliveries from asda/ iceland and on ocassion just eat, we have been extremely grateful to the drivers and every time we give them a small tip which they in many cases seem surprised to get.
    I agree that mistakes do happen but so what? these are unusal times, we are all grateful for the hard work our doctors and nurses are putting in but there are also others that are doing sterling work and who do not deserve to be slagged off online.
    Just one other point @MrAllen1976 you tell us almost daily that you are looking for a job, have you applied to just eat as you seem to think you could do a better job than those who are doing it?
    I don't drive so I wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

So you couldn't do a better job than those you are constantly moaning about?
    @MrAllen1976  nuff said
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @MrAllen1976, I think it's very important to keep in mind that not all drivers will live in or be from the area and they're currently doing a difficult job, in challenging conditions. We've relied heavily on delivery drivers during lockdown (and even before) and I'm really glad (and grateful) they've continued working, despite the conditions.

I think using a sat nav when you're a driver is a good thing. What don't you like about people using them?

My postcode either doesn't come up on sat navs or directs drivers to the middle of a retail park nearby, so I always make sure to give detailed instructions in the box that asks for delivery information. It only takes a few seconds, is helpful to the driver and helps me receive what I ordered! :smiley:
    Thing is though, if someone has no idea where they're going and rely on the Satnav, there's been reports of people trespassing on private Farmland etc because that's where the bloomin' Satnav's took them.

do you have a link to any of these reports?
    Google is your friend.

so your comment is purely opinion and not fact?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    woodbine said:
    woodbine said:
    During lockdown3 we have not been out of the house(literally) we have relyed on deliveries from asda/ iceland and on ocassion just eat, we have been extremely grateful to the drivers and every time we give them a small tip which they in many cases seem surprised to get.
    I agree that mistakes do happen but so what? these are unusal times, we are all grateful for the hard work our doctors and nurses are putting in but there are also others that are doing sterling work and who do not deserve to be slagged off online.
    Just one other point @MrAllen1976 you tell us almost daily that you are looking for a job, have you applied to just eat as you seem to think you could do a better job than those who are doing it?
    I don't drive so I wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

So you couldn't do a better job than those you are constantly moaning about?
    @MrAllen1976  nuff said
    On the contrary, if I drove I'd be much better because I actually know the local area without relying on the Satnav.

Oh and btw, you are going back on ignore.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    I won't be removing anything from this thread, but I will be closing it as I think the conversation has soured.

Thanks for sharing your experience @MrAllen1976. I hope all of the advice offered will help and you'll have better luck with deliveries in the future.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness