PIP stopped now Mandatory Reconsideration. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP stopped now Mandatory Reconsideration.

Options

Comments

• ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Also,.I completed my appeal online it was really easy. You can save and then continue at your pace until you have finished and then submit
  • Tumilty
    Tumilty Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    Many thanks ASDIBS, yes i've looked into a letter from my gp but due to the current situation it's difficult also it's been a long while since i've seem the gp i don't like just asking. 
    I think if you state in the form that you don't want to take part in the appeal you don't have to although i worry if this goes against their final decision. Been procrastinating a lot, it all seems daunting. 

Regards

Tumilty
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    @Tumilty. Thank you ?. I've read that's it's always better to put that you're willing to attend however I completely understand that there are situations whereby people genuinely cannot and that may happen to my son. It's easy to try put it off and think about other things. I was told yesterday that appeals in my area were taking 12months even before covid so think we've got a long wait. Just do whatever you think is best for you and if you feel strong enough to do it ??
  • Tumilty
    Options
    Hi & thanks mikehughescq
    I can't see the option for a paper hearing only telephone, video & face to face! 

Did you mean that i should check the box where i should take part in the hearing & choose one of the 3 above options & unless i do & it goes to a paper hearing then it drops to 5-8% success rate? 

Apologies for my confusion
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    I ticked the box to say that I would take part in the hearing and ticked all 3 options. I'm going to assume that if you don't tick, then it's based purely on what evidence they have in front of them and I've read that this is rarely successful
  • Tumilty
    Options
    yes i ticked that i want to take part but only by phone..I would prefer face to face but that's not happening at mo i guess
  • Tumilty
    Options
    well its sent, dreading it to be honest, i've opted for call even though i stated i'm not good with the telephone, i just sent the letter i sent to the assessor as that questions each point however i didn't score myself as i don't know what each points value means. 

Regards

Tumilty
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    Good luck. I didn't put what we should get either as I wasn't aware at the time that it helped. 
  • Tumilty
    Options
    Many thanks, i'm still awaiting response from the extra evidence i sent in by recorded delivery, it was only me writing so maybe they binned it as i can't get  Drs note.. I will try to contact pip to see if they got my letter, i posted it to the person who assessed my mandatory reconsideration care off/ pip. Still nothing on the appeal letter,  i sent the same letter i sent to the assessor. 

Regards

Tumilty
  • Tumilty
    Options
    i got my text from HM courts & tribunal service saying they await response from PIP but unfortunately no response from PIP about the letter i sent in. I guess i will have to call them which fills me full of dread. 

Regards

Tumilty 
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    Did you send the letter to DWP or sent as evidence for appeal?
  • Tumilty
    Options
    Both, i hand wrote a letter questioning each point awards. I sent the original to the dwp & a photo copy to tribunal service as my evidence. Can't get dr note at moment due to circumstances. 

Regards

Tumilty 
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    I doubt you'll receive anything direct from DWP now that you've requested appeal. They may call you if they want more information or some clarification
  • Tumilty
    Options
    I'll get someone to call to see if they received it as i sent it registered post. I've just received text that they've received it and they waiting to hear from dwp. It all seems overwhelming, it says i'm attending i guess that means via phone. I was kinda expecting it to be a conference call. 

Thanks for all your help

Tumilty
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    When you receive a copy of the bundle from the DWP, a copy of your letter and previously sent evidence will be included. I recommend you check it thoroughly to check that everything is there.

• Tumilty
    Options
    ok i hope the initial form i filled in a few years ago after my face to face assessment is there too. 

I haven't heard from the assessor as i say after i sent in my letter. I thought i may get a letter about whether that was at least looked at. i shall try get in touch on Monday. 

Thanks 

Tumilty
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I’m so sorry to hear you have to now go to tribunal I know it must be very daunting but plenty of people have won there tribunals I really wish you all the best with it all did you ever get a letter saying you owed them any thing I hold not as that’s just added extra stress 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP may contact you during the appeal with a revised award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ASDIBS
    Options
    @Tumilty. The initial form should be there too. I'm pretty sure that my bundle contains everything. It's got the initial form, a copy of the first assessment (this appeal is following a review) all old and new evidence. Check yours thoroughly and make sure that everything is there. I did send stuff to the court that had already been submitted to DWP as I wanted to make sure nothing was missed. I've also sent photos of how my son's condition affects him. I keep finding evidence and emailing it to the court. I'm finding it particularly stressful but not giving up. Good luck. 
  • Tumilty
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi there I’m so sorry to hear you have to now go to tribunal I know it must be very daunting but plenty of people have won there tribunals I really wish you all the best with it all did you ever get a letter saying you owed them any thing I hold not as that’s just added extra stress 
    i did that i may do but that was ages ago & nothing since.. 

Calcotti.. yes i hear this happens. They don't tell you they received it or let you know they just revise it.I sure hope so. 
    Asdibs many thanks i'll report what they say when i call. I wish i could get up to date Dr's note but the one i had initially still counts today. 

Regards

Tumilty

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.