Hi, my name is bubbs! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bubbs!

Options
bubbs
bubbs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Morning.
Just saying hello.
I’m a 60 year old bloke living in Devon. 
I have ‘hereditary spastic paraplegia’ which effects my legs mainly, making it very difficult fot me to walk. I use a walking frame indoors and a chair when i’m out.
Apart from that I try to live as normal a life as I can, I hate having to ask anyone for help.

Im married, 37 years, with 2 kids (one of each) and 2 grand kids (also one of each).

I have just finished building a kitcar and before that I fully restored an old shape mini clubman. I rode large capacity sports bike’s all my life, during that time I also tried my hand at sidecar cross and solo enduro.

I’m just trying to enjoy retirement now, or at least I will be when this flipping virus is sorted.

Mick.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome and thanks for telling us about yourself 

Feel free to look around and join in or ask any questions 

You may find our coffee lounge a good place to start 

Enjoy your retirement and your varied hobbies 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bubbs, hello and welcome to the community, looks like from your post you like to keep busy despite your lack of mobility. Spring is fast approaching so you’ll have plenty of time to tinker around your hobbies and interests. I used to service my own car but now with all the technology involved best left to the younger generation. I spent 40 plus years working on a farm dairy then changed to arable and beef. We did as much DIY maintenance so we had a good work shop with gas and ark plus mig welders .lovely to meet you don’t be afraid to post a question or two.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bubbs and welcome to the community, glad you've joined us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness