Why did they give it to me in the first place? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why did they give it to me in the first place?

Options

Comments

• parko
    parko Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    Hi just let you know what is going on . Nothing no letters or calls the wait is hard and my wife not copeing with it well
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Deleted - only noticed how old the discussion is after I posted!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Have you chased them at all @parko? I'm sorry it's impacting your wife so badly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • parko
    Options
    Hi rang them at the start of this month There say there have all the paper work there need I asked what will happen now there say there will put you on a debt management plan . I can’t  see them doing that with  the amount of overpayment need to pay back. There have not heard my side of the story yet I have just answered all there questions 
  • parko
    Options
    Hi its been 13months now and nothing. can any body know what i can do . more bad news last week my wife just found out she has cancer it seems that its getting on top of both of us 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your wife our thoughts are with you both 

Did you submit the Mr as advised about the letter you had , have you contacted welfare rights 

I would have thought after all this time they are not doing anything about it . Try to put it behind you if something does come of it you can then challenge repayment through your solicitor 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    @parko We haven't met or spoken before as I'm still quite new to the online community team. My name's Caz - it's nice to meet you. 

I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. As @janer1967 says, our thoughts are with you both at this time. 

How are you getting on in terms of your wife's cancer care? Are you receiving the support you need from your doctors? 

Do keep in touch and let us know how you're both doing - and please remember that we're here if you need somebody to talk to.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • parko
    Options
    Hi thanks for your advice i did sent a letter off and been in touch witn c/a my solicitor advice is there in nothing he can do till there tell you free advice off him at the moment. its been 14 months now can there keep me waiting , my wife geting the help she needs a few more hospital appointments to come 6 hours round trip to the hospital  so much to worry about i will keep in touch 
  • parko
    Options
    Hi comeing up to 15 months and i have heard nothing. I thought by now some thing would have happend
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you chased this up with them @parko
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • parko
    Options
    Hi  i have rang them about a month ago there said its gone to another department there will tell you in due course
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello again @parko,

It sounds like you've got an awful lot on your plate at the moment. I'm glad to hear that your wife is getting the medical care she needs though. But I can appreciate that you both must be finding it hard going, particularly given that you're having to travel that distance for treatment as well. 

Did they say which department is currently dealing with your case? And did they explain why it has taken so long to hear anything back? Also, did they provide you with the relevant contact details for the section they say is handling the case? And have you tried to contact them over the last few weeks? That is going to be the best starting-point for trying to get to the bottom of things. 

Keep in touch parko. Let us know as and when you find out more, and if you need any further help.

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • parko
    Options
    Thanks for your advice when i asked about the time there said it could be because of covid. one person said its might have gone to the debt manager there did give me a number  but it just rings there did say it will take time to get through
  • parko
    Options
    Hi another month goes by still no news 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello reading the original post it looks like either the correct information was submitted at the application stage and not noted or not entered correctly. Secondly every anniversary of the award you are sent a state-of-the-art facts and what you have to declare if any situations change. Because you declared your hours and income at the application stage and where awarded Carer’s Allowance when the annual notification came nothing had changed regarding hours or income. The question remains did the anniversary form asked or mention are your earning above the £120 threshold . If the answer is yes it clearly is stated in print and you failed to inform or notify the DWP then your at fault. On the the other hand if you followed all the DWP regulations and where still being paid the benefits through no fault of your own then the DWP look to be negligent in their reviews.
  • parko
    Options
    Hi telephone them today . Asked if there is any news. The debt management are looking at it. There said it wont be classed as fraud as you would had a letter to attend under caution by now.There said it has been put to one side with other peoples .There also said if possible to reclaim the money or not .At the moment there have not asked me anything yet. so if there not treating this as fraud and i cant pay it back whats next. Am still saying its there fault but i will wait to see what happends. My solicitor  has always said under caution would have happend by now
  • parko
    Options
    Hi still no news is there a time on this so there need to contact me
  • parko
    Options
  • parko
    Options
    well after 18 months i get the call . He was from c/a team said he was ringing about carers allowance before he could start i started telling hm i have got all my information on my claim . He said well done for that. I told him i sent my wage slips off with all the forms he said if thats the case its there fault from the start He did not have the information in front of him . He said you will get a letter about 4 weeks time contact your cab office and let them help you with all the things going on with my wifes illness. it sounds like the letter will be off the Debt management tell cab office to ring the number on the letter and tell them about it I would think all cab offices wont be face to face just phone calls
  • parko
    Options
    Got a letter today. sayingi have been paid to much and need to pay it back . i told them everything there said about getting in touch with the cab office let them work on your behalf. At the moment i had to set a plan up for £50 month till i hope cab can sort it for me . if i said i was paying nothing there would take it off my wages . There said i could contact my mp with a email and phone number

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.