Hi, my name is zap42! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is zap42!

zap42
zap42 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello
Apologies this is all still a bit new and I am sure exaggerated by covid and lockdown.  I also realise my problems will look pretty minor to most people here.  So I was feeling pretty bad on and off for a year and last July I was taken to hospital and spent 5 days in critical care then another 5 weeks in hospitals and different wards till released.

Anyway long story short kidneys coming out and a life of dialysis ahead (I'm 53).  I'm not taking to dialysis at all.

I will have a read to see if anyone has asked my question and if I don't find it I might ask.

So hello again

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry to hear about your condition I can imagine dialysis isnt easy to cope with 

Feel free to ask any questions 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @zap42 :) I'm also sorry to hear that you're not coping with dialysis well.

There's no need to apologise, and the challenges you're facing are absolutely valid. Of course the pandemic, along with the restrictions, has made everything more stressful for many people as well. 

Please do feel free to ask any question you might have, as Janer1967 said. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Queenofdisabilities
    Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
    Hi everyone this site is all new to me& its such a maze.
    What happens in coffee lounge as I joined Scope to find new friends aswell as help others where possible.
    And ro educate /support peeps with all my illnesses + support & help anyone if I can.
    Please come say hi as such a big site is extremely lonely to a newbie.
    Would be nice to make friends & keep in touch to help alleviate online loneliness.
    Also please like my posts as i will yours.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zap42 - & welcome to the community from me too. You have had a difficult time of it, & I'm sure dialysis can't be easy. As well as having the support from the very friendly people here, I wonder if you've come across the National Kidney Federation who may also be able to help. You might want to have a look around their site here: https://www.kidney.org.uk/
    Do let us know how you get on. :)

• Queenofdisabilities
    Queenofdisabilities Community member Posts: 91 Connected
    So sorry to hear.
    Im here anytime if you'd like to chat.
  • megs2019
    megs2019 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Hi @zap42welcome and how are you  and how are you finding this website 

Brightness