Hi, I'm kenngordon! Can anyone direct me to the 'Bexby Report'? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm kenngordon! Can anyone direct me to the 'Bexby Report'?

kenngordon
kenngordon Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Can anyone tell me what the Bexby is
I received an interim payment from the dwp in Dec after a telephone call in November telling me that they owed me a Disability Premium backdated to 2014 and that it would be a substantial payment covering all the years if they failed to pay me the premium since 2014 then they would ow me around £20,000 
So I called today to find out why I had heard nothing from then since Nov 2020 they d=said that it was being reviewed under "The Bexby Report" so of course I asked what is the Bexby report and the call handler for the ESA  and they did nit know nor did JCP or UC sections so can someone please enlighten me as to where I can fid a copy of the bexby report TY and stay safe

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

I'm sorry I have no idea what this is and it doesnt come up on google either 
  • kenngordon
    The only google link is https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/67641/bcfc
    and this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disability-benefit-dwp-esa-esther-mcvey-a8453271.html#16161638303642&{"sender":"offer-0-J1VSo","displayMode":"inline","recipient":"opener","event":"resize","params":{"height":132,"iframeId":"offer-0-J1VSo"}}

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hi @kenngordon and welcome to our community.

I'm struggling to find any reference to the Bexby Report either unfortunately.  The Independent article you link to cites an official error and section 27 of the Social Security Act 1998 therefore it could be in relation to this.  I'll definitely do some more research though and get back to you with any firm answers.

Edited to add: I've moved your post to our ESA category and tweaked the title to see if anyone else can help. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi the BExBI team (Benefit Expenditure Business Information) is part of the DWP accountancy team. They have access to a number of systems that many staff don't and often respond to inquiries on benefit spending. One of these is the Central Payment System.

If they do not have the information at hand then they are likely waiting for a report from this team on what payments were made. As such it is not something you can 'look up'.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• kenngordon
    Thank you for your assistance 

• Geoark
    Hi @Username_removed

Over the years I have done a lot research in different areas trying identify how we could better align what we were doing with the national and regional priorities. I've mainly seen it as a footnote regarding the source for written responses to MPs. It doesn't appear often from what I've seen.

• Geoark
    I was on the board for 15 years, most of them as Chair for a non profit organisation. Understanding local and national priorities was a good way to see how we could align what we are doing, as well as identifying potential areas of funding.

• binbash
    binbash Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Everyone
    Re; Bexby Report.
    Yes Geoark is correct. I only ever heard of it recently when my Support Worker asked them to look into a backdated payment for me and said they could not as it was a Clerical claim. then came back after 7 months and rejected my claim saying that they had a log of my benefits in this BEXBY Report which states everything I have received by means of benefit it can go back years.

However , looking at my claim its not actually correct and so I need help to write back to ESA.
    I rang disability Cambridgeshire but they're not taking on any more cases and so im stuck who can help me- any suggestions? I have visual impairment and hand disability.

Also cab I ask Geoark as Benefit claimants can we ask for for a copy of they Bexby report from ESA ?
  • binbash
    Hi everyone
    re : disability premium - Do you get this automatically if you receive ESA (income based and PIP or what's the criteria ? Can you get it if you get Severely Disability Premium or has it anything to do with Carers Allowance , if you're claiming that then you can't get Disability Premium ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    binbash said:
    Hi everyone
    re : disability premium - Do you get this automatically if you receive ESA (income based and PIP or what's the criteria ? Can you get it if you get Severely Disability Premium or has it anything to do with Carers Allowance , if you're claiming that then you can't get Disability Premium ?

The disability premium is not paid when claiming ESA. It's only paid when claiming Income Related JSA or Income Support. It has nothing to do with SDP or carers allowance.

Your question about the SDP is the same question you asked on your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/108653/re-backdated-severe-disability-premium-rejected#latest I tried to help you and asked you some questions but you didn't answer them. No one can possibly help you unless you answer the questions that have been asked.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • binbash
    edited August 2023
    Response for poppy12345

please don't be rude! I have visual impairment - if you can read then maybe you would know that I said I have visual impairment. Try to be nice if you want a nice response back. Also I never saw the questions you asked anyway so don't assume either !!
      I cannot always reply promptly im not sat around doing nothing ! [Removed by moderator - profanity]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    binbash said:
    Response for poppy12345

please don't be rude! I have visual impairment - if you can read then maybe you would know that I said I have visual impairment. Try to be nice if you want a nice response back. Also I never saw the questions you asked anyway so don't assume either !!
      I cannot always reply promptly im not sat around doing nothing ! 
    [Removed by moderator - profanity]
    I haven’t been rude to you and I’m sorry you thought differently. I’ve done nothing but try to help you in both of your previous threads. I was just pointing out that I can’t help unless you answer the questions, I don’t know what’s rude about that. 

I would appreciate it if you didn’t swear either because it’s really not nice when I’m just trying to help you. 

Edit to add, yes I can read thank you. I didn’t remember you mentioning any visual impairment so I went back to have another read if your comments. I was right, it doesn’t say that in any of them…. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @binbash - I linked to this thread as it mentioned BExBI, & now I wished I hadn't. Geoark hasn't been around for several weeks, & this thread is over 2 years old (this should show under his username; it does on my desktop computer at least).
    Poppy was trying to help you on this link, where she asked some questions the better to help: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/721781#Comment_721781
    I've also checked, & tho you feel you've mentioned a visual impairment, actually you haven't, so nobody was to know, sorry. Please have a thought about other members as everyone only tries to help here, thank you.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

Note from online community team:

Where possible we like all discussions to continue, but we’re choosing to pause this discussion for now so things can cool down and we can review it. For more information, please read our online community house rules.

We will review it and if we are satisfied the discussion can continue, we will hope to un-pause it by 6th August 2023.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Following review, we have chosen to close this discussion as we felt it was no longer in keeping with our online community house rules of remaining civil, supportive, and safe and a second conversation on the topic can be found here: Backdated Severe Disability Premium Rejected
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.