Is this normal? Had my telephone interview Friday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this normal? Had my telephone interview Friday

Daisyt1996
Daisyt1996 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Evening everyone. I am new on here. I had my telephone interview Friday and have been sent a txt saying that they have already got report back I’m worried as reading other stories everyone’s seems to be taking longer. I phoned up to get a copy sent. Was a bit funny on phone when I asked. Is this normal my anxiety all ready through roof have I done something wrong by asking 

Comments

• Daisyt1996
    Oh sorry this is for pip 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Daisyt1996

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

You haven't done anything wrong at all, it's very common for people to request their report, I wouldn't dwell on the tone of the call handler too much. They shouldn't be funny with anybody on the phone, but they are human beings at the end of the day and might just be having a rough day or week :) 

I wish you the very best for the outcome.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Daisyt1996
    I was surprised it was sent so soon as I heard huge backlogged. Woman was lovely and understanding on phone. But I’m scared now as it’s already only been a week am I going to get declined. When paperwork comes pls what do I need to look for well my daughter will do it. And thanks for letting me aboard here 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

It is normal for report to be sent within a week and some are sent to DWP same day si dont worry about that at all 

It can now take approx 8 weeks for decision to be made , but again some are quicker and some longer.  It all depends in backlogs in your area 

Fingers crossed let us know what your report recommends 
  • Daisyt1996
    As soon as I get it I will put on here as I have no clue. Been reading so many people are waiting so long much longer than me. 
  • janer1967
    Yes unfortunately there are long waits inky savunf grace is that if it us a first time claim and you get awarded it will be backdated to when you applied 
  • Daisyt1996
    Yes first claim. I was so scared as heard many horror stories about being assessed but my lady seemed nice. Or crafty maybe lol 
  • janer1967
    You will read horror stories in the internet and here but there are also lies if first time successful claims 

However people dont tell about those as they have no reason to ask for help or advice 

My claim was successful first time and also my review 
  • Daisyt1996
    Well I will await on letter to come they said 6-7 days the assessor one. Hopefully will give me some kind of insight prob need you guys to helpme out tho as I don’t have a clue 
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    I phoned for my report today - it was a very odd phone. I think they're working from home so everything is a bit different.
    Try not to worry, my first application was fine and the assessor was lovely.
  • Daisyt1996
    thank you. He was asking where I got information from to get report and why do I want it. Was pretty rude to be honest. He then put me back on hold for good 15 mins to then say yes it’s being sent out. I honestly thought I done something wrong lol 
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hey @Daisyt1996 i had my assessment Tuesday just gone. And got a text message  today DWP received the report. I have to say my health assessor was also very nice and empathetic . But i dunno just have to wait and see. :smile:
  • Daisyt1996
    Hi @naila_007 mine was the same really nice. Or over nice. She mentioned I was able to get a blue badge for my anxiety which I didn’t know about. Called me the wrong name throughout but I didn’t bat a eye lid. Yours was quick like mine too then. I have read loads saying weeks. Have you phoned to get a copy of the assessors report you are able to now ☺️
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    thank you. He was asking where I got information from to get report and why do I want it. Was pretty rude to be honest. He then put me back on hold for good 15 mins to then say yes it’s being sent out. I honestly thought I done something wrong lol 
    I wonder if we got the same guy, I had a very similar conversation. Unfortunately I'd opted out of the survey by the time I got through so couldn't feed back about it.
  • naila_007
    @Daisyt1996 going to ring them first thing in the morning for the report. I will let u know if i get any odd questions asked.
  • Daisyt1996
    @Pin he was super rude he popped me on hold for ages must of thought I was going to give up after he didn’t come back to phone for a good while. Started telling me first there was no such thing then so I just carried on telling him then obvs said what I already put then put me on hold for ages. Let’s see what next weeks post brings ?
  • naila_007
    @Daisyt1996 I just asked for my report and the lady was really nice - Just said that its not the final descion and i will get it in 5 days.  Wish I had opted for the survey :smile:
  • Daisyt1996
    @naila_007 I must have got someone who was having a proper off day lol. Best of luck tho I hope it’s a good outcome 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A lot of staff have been moved around so the telephony staff member you spoke to may not have been familiar with the PIP process, or as you mentioned he could have just been having an off day!
    If you need any help understanding the recommendation when it arrives please let us know. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Daisyt1996
    @Adrian_Scope thank you I will be posting as soon as it arrives in post. As I really am
    clueless. And yes prob was a bad day maybe. I think we all get them lol 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.