PIP MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR

tonyuka11
tonyuka11 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi after a pip telephone asessment my award was reduced which i think is wrong if i ask for a MR but need more time to submit evedence  is it possible to ask for a MR after 9 months in  even although i was given descion for pip award about   short while ago  as i ned x rays etc  from the hospiotal but will take time due to covid  19 etc  also does the DWP have a recording of the assessors report i mean tape recording  etc or voice record  also if i ask for a MR will points be deducted etc  any ideas thanks as its looked at a different descion maker any ideas to points raised thanks i need accurate info thanks ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    tonyuka11 said:
    Hi after a pip telephone asessment my award was reduced which i think is wrong if i ask for a MR but need more time to submit evedence  is it possible to ask for a MR after 9 months
    See reply to your earlier thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/78626/how-long-do-i-have-before-i-lodge-an-mr#latest
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You have 1 month to put in mr but they will allow late ones if there is valid reason .

I wouldn't wait for Xrays as that doesn't show how you are affected day to day . The best evidence is your own examples of when you try and do a task , or a statement from someone who sees you try and do tasks 

A Mr will be looked at by new dm so yes they can change decision already made but in most cases they don't change the decision , the success rate isn't that good 

Success rate at tribunal is a lot better 

Let us know how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.