Hi everyone! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone!

Options
Katharine_Alumni
Katharine_Alumni Community member, Scope Member Posts: 66 Courageous
edited April 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone,
My name is Katharine and I work for Scope as a Careers Adviser on the Career Pathways programme.

Great to be here :) 
Katharine McKnight
Careers Adviser, Career Pathways
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, hope you are well and enjoying the bright weather at the moment. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome along to the Online community @katharine_CPadviser. It's great to have you with us!

Actually, I'm a fairly new member of the Online community team myself, and I'm just in the process of getting to know a few more people, both on the forum and here at Scope. 

It's lovely to meet you! We're a friendly bunch in these parts, and I'm sure that there will be lots of our members who will be really interested in chatting with you and getting to know you a bit better :smiley:
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board from what I have heard the career pathway is really useful to members 

I am from a hr background 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @katharine_CPadviser - & welcome to the community from me also. It's very good to 'meet' you. It's interesting to meet members who help in different ways with Scope, & it's good you're venturing here to see what everyone here gets up to.
    Would you like to say a little about what you do, as this might help us signpost more young people to you, thank you. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @katharine_CPadviser :) It's really great to have you on board! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @katharine_CPadviser

Glad to have you aboard :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Katharine_Alumni
    Katharine_Alumni Community member, Scope Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @katharine_CPadviser - & welcome to the community from me also. It's very good to 'meet' you. It's interesting to meet members who help in different ways with Scope, & it's good you're venturing here to see what everyone here gets up to.
    Would you like to say a little about what you do, as this might help us signpost more young people to you, thank you. :)
    Hi :) thank you so much. Yes, absolutely. Career Pathways is a service for 16-25 year olds with any disability in England and Wales. We can support with anything - be that ideas on goals for the future, talking about hobbies, finding courses and degree/apprenticeship options and the differences between these, the value of volunteering, working on confidence as well as building CVs/interview or application support for part time jobs or volunteering opportunities. If they are 18 - 25 then they might be interested in taking part in our mentoring scheme with Deloitte employees who volunteer to support them in their goals. Equally, some people sign up to get access to the mentoring purely and then decide some further support would help. We offer up to 3 sessions of up to an hour each and mentoring is for a minimum of 3 months :) 
    Have a lovely day 
    Katharine McKnight
    Careers Adviser, Career Pathways
  • healeywilliam24
    healeywilliam24 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    Hi and welcome?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Katharine_Scope and welcome to the community :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness