Is there any way that I automatically qualify for LCWRA? Or do I need to get the uc50 done? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any way that I automatically qualify for LCWRA? Or do I need to get the uc50 done?

Options
barton85
barton85 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi new to forum just looking for a bit of advice . I’m on universal credit and have leukaemia I take daily chemotherapy and have been handing in fit notes since dec 8th . I haven’t been sent a uc50 form yet but most places I read say you should receive lcwra payments from month 4 is there anyway that I automatically qualify for lcwra ? Or do I need to get the uc50 done thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    You should have been sent a UC50 on the first day of your claim. You need to chase UC to issue it. When you get it, if leukaemia is your only health problem, you will not have to complete the detailed questions about how your health affects you but must get the cancer page completed. You should be treated as having LCWRA and be paid the LCWRA element from the fourth payment of your claim but this will not happen until UC50 is completed and returned.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @barton85

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

Has the above response been of use to you? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @barton85 - & welcome to the community. I'm pleased you've already received advice to get a UC50 form & how to complete it. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @barton85

Just wanted to stop by, say hello, and add my welcome :)

Hopefully, the above posts have helped to answer the query from your original post?

Also, please do keep in touch if you do have any further questions for us on the Online community, or even if you just to keep us updated on how you are getting on with your claim.

Wishing you all the best with your ongoing treatment. We're around if you ever just fancy a chat about anything and everything :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me too @barton85
  • barton85
    Options
    Yeah was a great help thanks everyone . I spoke to work coach said just print one and got my doc to sign it today 
  • barton85
    Options
    Quick update on this any advise would be appreciated. I printed and got my doc to sign the uc50 asked my work coach for address to send it off sent it recorded delivery it was signed for 2 weeks ago so phoned today to see if there was any update and was told that the claim wasn’t active when giving my national insurance number and I needed to call uc but I can’t get through on the phone and when I spoke with my work coach this week for my monthly interview she just said I should put it to the back of my mind for now . I would just like to know that there looking into my claim feel like I’ve been waiting forever and getting nowhere . Thanks. 
  • janer1967
    Options
    @barton85 dwp post is signed for by royal mail so jyst because it has been signed for doesn't mean dwp have it 

Once they do have it , it takes a while for it to be scanned onto the system and only then will it be visible to a call handler 

Personally mine took 3 weeks and that was well b4 the pandemic and the huge backlog it has created 

You could always put an entry on your journal to ask but put it as a payment or service query then it is seen by your case manager 
  • barton85
    Options
    Thanks for the reply I think just the way my work coach has been through the whole process worry’s me that it won’t be done correctly the address she gave me was for the chdauk in my local city that’s what made me think it wouldn’t take that long 
  • janer1967
    Options
    That doesn't sound right it all sounds but strange tbh 

Normally you are sent the uc50 form with a return envelope or at least the address to send back 

Also I think it goes back to dwp centre not a local place 

Did you keep a copy of your form and evidence ? 
  • barton85
    Options
    Yeah I waited and waited for a form to be sent in the end because I was due to go to hospital the next day my work coach just told me to print one off so I didn’t have the envelope for sending it back. I reported my health condition on the 7th dec was hoping would have had it all sorted by now but getting nowhere 
  • barton85
    Options
    hi thanks for the advice I put a note on journal under services now it turns out I’ve not even had the WCA referral and that’s it only getting done now janer1967 said:
    @barton85 dwp post is signed for by royal mail so jyst because it has been signed for doesn't mean dwp have it 

Once they do have it , it takes a while for it to be scanned onto the system and only then will it be visible to a call handler 

Personally mine took 3 weeks and that was well b4 the pandemic and the huge backlog it has created 

You could always put an entry on your journal to ask but put it as a payment or service query then it is seen by your case manager 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.