Hi, my name is Mark — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mark

MarkE19
MarkE19 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone,

Just stumbled across this site and thought I would sign up and have a nose around.

I am a 51 year old man who is registered blind and have been trying to get diagnosis for fibromyalgia for more than 5 years. All my GP wants is to get me to try exercises and take pain killers all the time.

Other than that I asm married with 5 children, 3 or whom are still living at home. The 2 living away have 2 children each so I am a proud grandfather of 3 boys and 1 girl.

Mark.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community and for telling us about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

You might want to start in our virtual coffee lounge or recent discussions 

Hope to see you around 
  • MarkE19
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to have a good look around and see where I can jump in.

Mark.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MarkE19 :) Thanks for sharing some information about yourself. How are you doing?

Have you tried speaking to a different GP to see if they have anything else to suggest? What other kinds of treatments do you have in mind?

Please do feel free to have a nosey around and get involved in any discussions that interest you. You can view our list of most recent discussions here, and our list of categories of discussion here. 

Give us a shout if you need anything. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ya @MarkE19 might be worth seeing another gp about getting diagnosed
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MarkE19 - & welcome to the community from me also. Do try our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' which is a great place to start. I look forward to seeing you around the community, & I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this friendly group. :)
  • MarkE19
    I am finding my way around slowly. I'm not new to forums as I am on a few others (boring techie stuff  :* ) so that should make it easier.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I am not likely to be able to see any other GP's as they are in short supply in my area (London/Essex boarder) and even my own GP lost his fight with Covid recently, so really not sure where to go from here to get a diagnosis.
    I have seen a neurologist and rumatologist at my local hospital but they were unable to offer any treatment. Prior to seeing them I had x-rays and an MRI scan and nothing showed up in them. So I reaLLY Am at a loss as to where to go from here.

Brightness