Hi, my name is charlie204! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is charlie204!

charlie204
charlie204 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Very new to this but I’ll give it a go.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlie204 and welcome to the community! How are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • charlie204
    Hi Ami2301, thank you for the welcome. I’m ok thanks and hope you are too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions and have a look around 
  • charlie204
    Thank you janer1967.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlie204 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me also. Thank you for joining us all. Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself? :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlie204 and a warm welcome to the community from me! How are you doing today?

It's great to meet you and if you have any difficulties at all getting around, please let me know :)

Some nice spots to get started are our recent discussions where you can see what has got our members talking right now.  Plus our virtual coffee lounge where we love a good game and friendly natter. 

I hope you have a nice weekend and hopefully speak again soon.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • charlie204
    Thank you Cher
  • charlie204
    Thank you chiarieds.
    A bit about me. Hmmm. In my opinion, totally messed up by nhs with hip replacement and MS. Am only quite recently classed as disabled and still quite angry which I expect you can tell. Apologies in advance for my anger. It won’t last :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @charlie204 :) Welcome on board. 

It's very normal to have lots of mixed feelings after gaining a new diagnosis, or going through a big life change. Have you been trying to work through those feelings in any way?

Do you mind me asking what's been going on with your hip? Did the replacement go badly?

Is your MS diagnosis quite new?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • charlie204
    Hi Tori and thank you for the welcome.

No, I don’t mind you asking.Hip was replaced as a result of a leg fracture near hip joint. It wasn’t a planned thing. Left hip and I happen to be left handed so am now in the process of teaching myself to write with my right hand as due to MS can’t even sign my own name. 
    I’m aware that operations can exacerbate conditions. 
    MS diagnosis was 2017 so I suppose that is quite new in the grand scheme of things. Hip dislocated, apparently quite common, and replaced again. Add to all that, my son is my main carer, giving up his job, me spending a birthday in hospital waiting for an op that was eventually cancelled and going from being a very active company director to not being able to do much at all......you have me, the end result. :)

Brightness